Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2004
Southern California
✟324,584.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Very Cool! Your right! Gosh how many scriptures are there that confirm this fact. And it is a fact. We have to grab it and make it real in our lives.

Our God wants us to, or he wouldn't have said it.

Yeah, now I feel awake too!!

Last edited:
Reactions: pdudgeon
Upvote 0

Xalith

Apr 6, 2015
✟19,943.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Too many people look to what everyone ELSE thinks the Bible means. Mom said something to me last night, that really hit home.

What we're seeing these days is a mirror of what was going on in the days of Jesus's Earthly Ministry, the days of the Pharisees and Sadducees.

Instead of people preaching the law and shackling everybody to the Torah, today we have people picking apart the Bible and what it says, trying to apply their own (flawed) reasoning to its words, saying that it means this or it means that, and before you know it, you have several denominations arguing about things like Calvinism vs Arminianism, Post/Pre/Mid-Trib, etc etc when what we should be doing, is focusing on worshipping Him and allowing the Holy Spirit which indwells us to reveal the meaning of His word to us, instead of believing what other men say.

Everyone wants to be on the "right" side, but the fact of the matter is that there is only one "right" side, and that is simply His side. I've always seen these debates as being fruitless; they cause schisms and divides within the Church, they cause Brothers and Sisters to argue amongst each other, when we should be loving one another as His 2nd Commandment to us.

This verse strikes that point right to the heart; if we turn away from the world and its teachings and embrace Him, He will tell us what His word means, and what His will for us is. Everything else is pointless to debate; we should be more concerned with doing His will, and bringing Him glory through obedience to His will.

Upvote 0

St_Worm2

Simul Justus et Peccator
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2002
✟2,944,394.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Hi Tishri1, I read Romans 12:2 and am reminded of how thankful I am that God provided a place for those of us who are "aliens and strangers" in this world (1 Peter 2:11) to step back out of the world for a time each week to "renew our minds", and in doing so to be reminded of who we really are and Who we serve.

I am also thankful for the opportunities the Lord has provided us with here at CF, especially for the chance to fellowship with other brothers and sisters from around the globe who I would have never had the chance to know otherwise, this side of Glory :)

Yours in Christ,
David
p.s. - this new "Verse of the Day" + discussion feature is yet another thing I love about the new CF! Thanks :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

musicalpilgrim

pilgrim on the sacred music pathway
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,626,680.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
...that comment, ...how thankful I am that God provided a place for those of us who are "aliens and strangers" in this world (1 Peter 2:11) to step back out of the world for a time each week to "renew our minds", and in doing so to be reminded of who we really are and Who we serve....
so true, and I just found this thread! Great!...

Reactions: Tishri1
Upvote 0

Tishri1

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2004
Southern California
✟324,584.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Hi Tishri1, I read Romans 12:2 and am reminded of how thankful I am that God provided a place for those of us who are "aliens and strangers" in this world (1 Peter 2:11) to step back out of the world for a time each week to "renew our minds", and in doing so to be reminded of who we really are and Who we serve.

I am also thankful for the opportunities the Lord has provided us with here at CF, especially for the chance to fellowship with other brothers and sisters from around the globe who I would have never had the chance to know otherwise, this side of Glory :)

Yours in Christ,
David
p.s. - this new "Verse of the Day" + discussion feature is yet another thing I love about the new CF! Thanks :)
Thank You STWorm!!!! I'm glad to have this opportunity with you all too!!!!

Upvote 0

Tishri1

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2004
Southern California
✟324,584.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
...that comment, ...how thankful I am that God provided a place for those of us who are "aliens and strangers" in this world (1 Peter 2:11) to step back out of the world for a time each week to "renew our minds", and in doing so to be reminded of who we really are and Who we serve....
so true, and I just found this thread! Great!...
I know right!!!! Love these nuggets too!!!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Jeffwhosoever

Faithful Servant & Seminary Student
Christian Forums Staff
Chaplain
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Sep 21, 2009
Southern US
✟421,008.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
If you ever are fortunate enough to get the opportunity to take a class on the Truth Project by Del Tackett, you will hear this verse during almost every one of the 12 one hour lessons. Del refers to it as going into a Cocoon and he tells us that "transformed" would be better interpreted as "metamorphosed."

Upvote 0

Wryetui

IC XC NIKA
Dec 15, 2014
The Carpathian Garden
✟15,670.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
This verse can really apply to the world we live in today because even if it was written 2000 years ago it sounds pretty contemporary. Millions of people in our world are wandering lost because they don't know what to believe, what to think, what to feel, and they go deeper and deeper in this chaos of relativism and perdition that we live in today, only beside the Church and beside Christ we can find the way, the truth and the life. Christ, our God, is the only truth that exists.

Reactions: ~Anastasia~
Upvote 0

musicalpilgrim

pilgrim on the sacred music pathway
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,626,680.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
...Christ, our God, is the only truth that exists... Praise to the Father!

upload_2015-6-12_15-46-2.jpeg

Upvote 0