timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟313,110.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Also, what is "sensitivity"? Its having symptoms when digesting toxins. The fact you do not have symptoms does not mean you are not digesting toxins, you just do not register them and so it will be worse later.

My great grandmother who is a vegetarian from birth....The toxins killed her at the age of 95.

Oh and she never went to the hospital, never took medicines her entire life.

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟313,110.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I know people drinking alcohol and heavy smokers, who lived to 100. So what.

I am not your grandmother.

She also did it with zero access to modern medicine and she did smoked home-made cigar regularly.

Do you know that scientists love to do studies on biologically exceptional individuals.

To find out what makes them unique. Learn how it can benefit everybody else. So what?

The only thing unique about her is she's the only one in our family who is a vegetarian who ate home-grown, organic, GMO-free vegetables.

My uncle's father is also 95 years old. Omnivore but still do bicycle rides the same distance as I do. What's unique about him is the lifelong lifestyle of very long cardio activities. He used to be a professional cyclist. Also used to be poor and no access to modern medicine most of his life.

Only one in the family who does long bike rides and now I'm doing it as well. Major positive changes in my body.

Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟155,374.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This is a strange argument. Many of those plowed fields, at least in the US, are being used to grow livestock feed, not food for human consumption.
In that case let us make those fields meadows and pastures for livestock to be fed naturally, instead of growing corn, soy beans and other nonsense there, destroying the land and ecosystems, making them basically dead and depleted because of these monocultures.
The natural food of cow is grass anyway, not corn, soy or grains.

The majority of those calories are lost as body heat from the livestock; they never become meat or milk. That means more crops must be grown to feed the livestock, resulting in even more animal deaths, not less, when more meat and dairy is consumed, vs. plant foods.
I do not understand this argument. Cows eat grass on pastures and, in the other end, make the land fertile with the waste. Its a natural cycle.

It takes about 1.5 acre of land to feed a cow for a year. Such a cow can then feed a man for 1-2 years.

I do not know what is producing more heat, if a cow or all the activities needed for a field, but these calculations will be wildly guessed and dependent on many local conditions, IMO. And it cannot stand alone, if farming is destroying the ecosystem and poisoning air and waters and if its unhealthy diet for humans, then it does not matter if it produces less heat.

In any case, one of the problems is overpopulation of Earth. There are too many people and those people consume too many things because of the consumer society and move from place to place too much.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟155,374.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
She also did it with zero access to modern medicine and she did smoked home-made cigar regularly.

Do you know that scientists love to do studies on biologically exceptional individuals.

To find out what makes them unique. Learn how it can benefit everybody else. So what?

The only thing unique about her is she's the only one in our family who is a vegetarian who ate home-grown, organic, GMO-free vegetables.

My uncle's father is also 95 years old. Omnivore but still do bicycle rides the same distance as I do. What's unique about him is the lifelong lifestyle of very long cardio activities. He used to be a professional cyclist. Also used to be poor and no access to modern medicine most of his life.

Only one in the family who does long bike rides and now I'm doing it as well. Major positive changes in my body.
So, do you argue also for regular smoking and zero access to modern medicine? Because some vegans did not smoke and did not live to 95. So smoking is one of the differences.

If not, I do not see any relevance in your associative examples.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟313,110.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
So, do you argue also for regular smoking and zero access to modern medicine? Because some vegans did not smoke and did not live to 95. So smoking is one of the differences.

Feel free to report my post if you think I'm recommending people to smoke or even implying that smoking is good.

You seem to assume the worst out of my posts, yet you're not reporting any of them.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,277,317.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat

If not, I do not see any relevance in your associative examples.

On average, those eating a plant-based diet tend to have more favorable biomarkers for lower risks of major disease, even accounting for smoking. That doesn't mean that smoking is good for you, it just means that smokers who eat a plant-based diet tend to be healthier than smokers that don't.

Though smoking among western Vegans and Vegetarians is rare, at one time smoking among the Macrobiotic community wasn't rare. The Macrobiotic diet originated in Japan in the 20th century, and spread to the US in the 1960's counter-culture. It involves a plant-based diet made of mostly unrefined foods. So researchers have had the opportunity to study groups that smoked and consume a plant-based diet.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟155,374.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
On average, those eating a plant-based diet tend to have more favorable biomarkers for lower risks of major disease, even accounting for smoking.
When smoking, alcohol, junk food and similar things are accounted for, there is no better health in plant-based diets. Actually the opposite is true.

Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟155,374.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Feel free to report my post if you think I'm recommending people to smoke or even implying that smoking is good.

You seem to assume the worst out of my posts, yet you're not reporting any of them.
It was a demonstration of your wrong logic, for you to realize that, your posts where you argue using your family members and deliberately point out specific things you favor as the reasons, are not useful.

Those are just your guesses, its not a controlled trial. I prefer what I found out while experimenting with my own diet and health, before your examples that work neither for me nor for many other people.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟313,110.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
It was a demonstration of your wrong logic, for you to realize that, your posts where you argue using your family members and deliberately point out specific things you favor as the reasons, are not useful.

Those are just your guesses, its not a controlled trial. I prefer what I found out while experimenting with my own diet and health, before your examples that work neither for me nor for many other people.

I copied the lifestyle of one, the professional cyclist and my health vastly improved.

I got cured of at least one chronic disease, two cardiovascular disease, at least one tumor (benign), prediabetes,

My cardio-respiratory numbers now reflect better-than-teenage mitochondrial health. All these transformations happened without medical intervention.

Is this what "wrong logic" is supposed to do? Bring healing and incredible improvement to one's health? I think the evidence is plainly obvious but your biased thinking prevents you from seeing it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums