Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,483,316.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I always saw it the other way. I imagined a small rock on the dark side of a small cold planet circling a dying star in a non descript solar system in the outer limits of a small galaxy well outside the observable universe. Forever out of our reach. It serves no purpose. It has sat there while life arose here and evolved into intelligence. It will still be there when all known and future civilisations on this planet are dust.

It's like God built us a planet but we're not allowed out of our bedroom. If we were all that was, if the stars we see really were just pretty lights and the heavens were centered on us then I might think that we were special in some way. As opposed to being lucky. But there is too much. Way too much.
Being lucky is special...because "luck" is not a thing.

Upvote 0

Estrid

Feb 10, 2021
Hong Kong
✟153,200.00
Country
Hong Kong
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
In Relationship
That used to do my head in when I was a child. I'd look up at the night sky, and just thinking about it just going on and on without end would start giving me a headache.
I now see it as a reflection of the infinite nature of our creator, just as the flat earth snow globe reflects a finite creator. I don't believe in the God of the flat earth because he simply isn't worthy of glory. The God of the observed universe, with its planets orbiting stars, which themselves orbit their galactic centre with millions of other stars, with innumerable galaxies spread out over the vastness of space, now that is a God worthy of glory and worship!
Ive never understood this thing about
"glory".
Could you explain it?

Upvote 0

BeyondET

Earth Treasures
Site Supporter
Jul 17, 2018
Virginia
✟153,535.00
Country
United States