Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
God is your first love & your first relationship. Doesn’t end. Stay faithful.
Where did you hear this?
A sermon. A lot of recent posts I'm just pulling from sermon notes

Last edited:
Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟219,490.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
The church group has been going really well. Last night was a disaster. It's the same 'one person dominates the table' trope, which hurts other's ability to flourish.
First it's happened since I've been part of the group since June so maybe it's a 1-off.

Maybe the particularly negative people are right: maybe I should just move on.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟219,490.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
It reminds me how the Jews were expecting the Messiah was going to overthrow Rome w/ a large army & establish a world kingdom right then & there

B/c what we are expecting isn't what we get.

Even as children of God

Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟219,490.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
The church group has been going really well. Last night was a disaster. It's the same 'one person dominates the table' trope, which hurts other's ability to flourish.
First it's happened since I've been part of the group since June so maybe it's a 1-off.

Maybe the particularly negative people are right: maybe I should just move on.
When this happens it's hard to be yourself b/c everyone's 'fighting' for the spotlight, trying 'to be themself.' So you back off. Then everyone wonders why you're not doing it like them. Then it makes you upset b/c they're wondering why you're not doing it like them. & it spirals out of control bad. I've seen it happen many times like this.

I've noticed decrease the number of people at a table or people involved, & I do better b/c it creates a hole that needs to be filled. I can be myself b/c there's a hole I can fill that's missing. Increase the number of people, there's no hole for me to fill, no way I can be myself.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟219,490.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I did good in the Group this past Sunday. I don't know what was wrong last week but it's better now. People have bad days, it happens. It's no excuse, but genuine people understand mercy & grace.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟219,490.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
It's very sad.

It makes me feel something is wrong with me

It makes me think people told me I will be one lied to me. "You're ready." "It'll happen soon." "You will!" Nope. It's not for everybody :disappointed: It's heartbreaking

I understand salvation is most important, but we are still asked to live on the world & God still gives good gifts while we are on the world - in addition to salvation. so it's okay to desire gifts & have dreams.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟219,490.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I’m a Republican, but:
  1. We have our own share of non-Christians in our party. Christians are a main voting block in the party, but they are not the only one. Many in the Party use the large number of Christians in the Party to their advantage
  2. Many Christian Democrats like how the Democrats are more into social justice. They don’t think the GOP is strong enough in that area
  3. Many Christian Democrats sympathize w/ the pagans in the Democrat Party. They think Christian Republicans are too hostile to the pagans
  4. Many just don’t grasp how deep the Democrats are in with the pagans. I saw statistics something like 80% of non-believers vote Democrat. What influence do you think that % will have on the policies Democrats stand for?
  5. Many are big believers in ‘you can’t legislate morality.’

Upvote 0

peaceful-forest

Nov 5, 2022
-
✟75,727.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I think there used to be a thread on here that Christian women prefer non-Christian men.

I used to think that was true for me, but I have learned that the opposite is true. I definitely want a Christian man. It's a major turn-off that a man hates God. What would be the point of the relationship if I couldn't even bond with my boyfriend/husband over God?

I think there have been studies showing that women tend to love God more than men.

Upvote 0

lanceleo

Apr 18, 2018
✟46,816.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
God says you are qualified for marriage when you can teach woman the Word. Qualifications for marriage: not age, not work, not independence.
I beg to differ. Teaching is one aspect of leadership but so is maturity (physical and spiritual). Does the man have a holy fear of the Lord?

Reactions: DragonFox91
Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟219,490.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I beg to differ. Teaching is one aspect of leadership but so is maturity (physical and spiritual). Does the man have a holy fear of the Lord?
1 Peter says you can teach without opening your mouth. You are right.

Reactions: lanceleo
Upvote 0