United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
5DJUHP6PEZDB7EMDMP2B5RTEMY.jpg

Remember - this is just a portion of the crowd. If you honestly believe that is only 2-5,000 people - I have some land to sell you.

attachment-trump-speaks-ap-2.jpg

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟562,492.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
For some perspective, an aerial photo of the venue, taken about an hour before Trump took the stage:

View attachment 347773

There's no way the claimed 80-100k people would fit in that space.
To add some more perspective, AT&T stadium where the Cowboys play seats 80,000 people.

That looks like this:
1715721466404.jpeg

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟567,855.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
5DJUHP6PEZDB7EMDMP2B5RTEMY.jpg

Remember - this is just a portion of the crowd. If you honestly believe that is only 2-5,000 people - I have some land to sell you.

attachment-trump-speaks-ap-2.jpg

Who said that the Trump crowd was 2-5k?

I said it looked like 5-10k when it was less than half full.

According to city officials prior to the event, the venue is permitted to hold 20,000. That looks about right to me based on these pics. I’ve worked a bunch of 10-20k events and they were all about that size. That is not 100k people.

Upvote 0

discombobulated1

Mar 25, 2024
Claremore, OK
✟8,432.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
I don't think we deserved Biden.... at least not the ones who were smart enough not to vote for him.
I wonder if anyone deserves him.

Then again, America has gone into a moral slide that appears to have no end........... so maybe something like 70% of Americans deserve this.

sigh... and the rest of us who don't.. too bad for us

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟562,492.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Upvote 0

stevil

Godless and without morals
Feb 5, 2011
✟253,361.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
You asked for links to obvious facts I stated.

My post wasn't to brag about Iron Maiden, but was to bring up the concept that fans congregate to a specific spot when an event occurs, making it falsely look like the population has lots of supporters.

But anyway, lets provide links to everything in my post.

It's easy to find them. They come in their thousands, 10's of thousands when IM are in town for a concert.
This is from 2018
Venue: Stockholm, SWE - Tele2 Arena
Date: June 1, 2018
Attendance/Capacity: 37,221 / 37,221

Venue: Prague, CZE - Letnany Airport
Date: June 20, 2018
Attendance/Capacity: 29,763 / 30,000

Venue: Helsinki, FIN - Hartwall Areena
Date: May 28-29, 2018
Attendance/Capacity: 20,344 / 20,344

Venue: Hannover, GER - Expo Plaza
Date: June 10, 2018
Attendance/Capacity: 21,900 / 21,900

Venue: Berlin, GER - Waldbuhne
Date: June 13, 2018
Attendance/Capacity: 15,757 / 17,000

Venue: Copenhagen, DEN - Royal Arena
Date: June 5, 2018
Attendance/Capacity: 15,184 / 15,184

Venue: Tallinn, EST - Saku Suurhall
Date: May 26, 2018
Attendance/Capacity: 8,284 / 8,284

Some information about their most recent tour 2023/2024
All 33 shows of the European leg were commercial and artistic successes. The events attracted record numbers of spectators

The 2023 leg of the tour ended with the group's performance at the Wacken Open Air festival, which they headlined for the fourth time in their career.

On 6 October, the band performed as one of the stars of America's biggest metal event - Power Trip Festival. The show in Indio was attended by 100,000 people and became Iron Maiden's largest performance as a festival headliner in the United States.

37 concerts played during The Future Past World Tour 2023 attracted approximately one million fans. In mid-October, shows planned for 2024 were announced. Already at the pre-sale stage, a second concert at the Estadio Nacional in Santiago was added. In a short period, over 100,000 tickets were sold for both concerts combined, setting another record in the history of the band. The first concert in Bogota in 13 years at the El Campin stadium was sold out at the pre-sale stage in 20 minutes. The band broke all previous records of ticket sales for Colombian concerts by a foreign artist, set by icons such as The Rolling Stones, Madonna, The Weekend, Ed Sheeran, and Coldplay.

They are old, not as old as Trump and Biden, but not spring chickens any more.
Bruce - 65
Steve - 68
Dave - 67
Adrian - 67
Janick - 67
Nicko - 71

Joe - 82
Donald - 78
But they are still winning over new fans. Still producing amazing albums and putting on fantastic and energetic concerts around the world, still selling out stadiums.
But anyway, enough about Iron Maiden. The point of the thread wasn't about Iron Maiden, but how when an event is on, the fans congregate together. This seems like an obvious thing, but many MAGA fans seem to get confused and think large attendances at Trump rallies somehow equates to Trump being destined to win a general election.

But what my point is, is that, just because you have heaps of Trump fans congregating at a Trump rally, it doesn't mean that most voters want Trump as their president. In fact, there has never been any point in USA history that most voters have wanted D Trump.
Hillary got millions more votes than D Trump and Biden got many more millions than Trump.
D Trump - 62,985,106 votes (45.9%)
H Clinton - 65,853,625 votes (48.0%)

D Trump - 74,222,960 (46.8%)
J Biden - 81,283,361 (51.3%)
Sure D Trump has more people than Biden that are wanting to go to political rallies. It does not mean that D Trump will get more votes, it just means he has more people wanting to go to rallies, and those people are a vast minority of voters.
I could provide links to Rally attendances for Trump in 2016 vs H Clinton, or for D Trump in 2020 vs J Biden but lets just agree that D Trump had more people go to his political rallies and yet, he lost the popular vote in both those elections.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Jesus is the only Way
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟719,343.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
He should invite them to White House where he currently lives and works because he won in 2020.
Wow - that really put ,me in my place - such a great retort -

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Jesus is the only Way
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟719,343.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You asked for links to obvious facts I stated.

My post wasn't to brag about Iron Maiden, but was to bring up the concept that fans congregate to a specific spot when an event occurs, making it falsely look like the population has lots of supporters.

But anyway, lets provide links to everything in my post.

This is from 2018
Venue: Stockholm, SWE - Tele2 Arena
Date: June 1, 2018
Attendance/Capacity: 37,221 / 37,221

Venue: Prague, CZE - Letnany Airport
Date: June 20, 2018
Attendance/Capacity: 29,763 / 30,000

Venue: Helsinki, FIN - Hartwall Areena
Date: May 28-29, 2018
Attendance/Capacity: 20,344 / 20,344

Venue: Hannover, GER - Expo Plaza
Date: June 10, 2018
Attendance/Capacity: 21,900 / 21,900

Venue: Berlin, GER - Waldbuhne
Date: June 13, 2018
Attendance/Capacity: 15,757 / 17,000

Venue: Copenhagen, DEN - Royal Arena
Date: June 5, 2018
Attendance/Capacity: 15,184 / 15,184

Venue: Tallinn, EST - Saku Suurhall
Date: May 26, 2018
Attendance/Capacity: 8,284 / 8,284

Some information about their most recent tour 2023/2024
All 33 shows of the European leg were commercial and artistic successes. The events attracted record numbers of spectators

The 2023 leg of the tour ended with the group's performance at the Wacken Open Air festival, which they headlined for the fourth time in their career.

On 6 October, the band performed as one of the stars of America's biggest metal event - Power Trip Festival. The show in Indio was attended by 100,000 people and became Iron Maiden's largest performance as a festival headliner in the United States.

37 concerts played during The Future Past World Tour 2023 attracted approximately one million fans. In mid-October, shows planned for 2024 were announced. Already at the pre-sale stage, a second concert at the Estadio Nacional in Santiago was added. In a short period, over 100,000 tickets were sold for both concerts combined, setting another record in the history of the band. The first concert in Bogota in 13 years at the El Campin stadium was sold out at the pre-sale stage in 20 minutes. The band broke all previous records of ticket sales for Colombian concerts by a foreign artist, set by icons such as The Rolling Stones, Madonna, The Weekend, Ed Sheeran, and Coldplay.

Bruce - 65
Steve - 68
Dave - 67
Adrian - 67
Janick - 67
Nicko - 71

Joe - 82
Donald - 78

But anyway, enough about Iron Maiden. The point of the thread wasn't about Iron Maiden, but how when an event is on, the fans congregate together. This seems like an obvious thing, but many MAGA fans seem to get confused and think large attendances at Trump rallies somehow equates to Trump being destined to win a general election.

D Trump - 62,985,106 votes (45.9%)
H Clinton - 65,853,625 votes (48.0%)

D Trump - 74,222,960 (46.8%)
J Biden - 81,283,361 (51.3%)

I could provide links to Rally attendances for Trump in 2016 vs H Clinton, or for D Trump in 2020 vs J Biden but lets just agree that D Trump had more people go to his political rallies and yet, he lost the popular vote in both those elections.
I really could care lees about a group of septuagenarians putting on make up and screaming into microphones. Or how many people go to see them - it is completely irrelevant to this thread - why you are so focused on the grandpa's on drugs is beyond me.

Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0

stevil

Godless and without morals
Feb 5, 2011
✟253,361.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I really could care lees about a group of septuagenarians putting on make up and screaming into microphones. Or how many people go to see them - it is completely irrelevant to this thread
It seems you have completely missed the point. Oh well.
- why you are so focused on the grandpa's on drugs is beyond me.
News to me. I didn't know Iron Maiden took drugs. In fact I know they don't.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟562,492.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟310,690.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I wonder if anyone deserves him.

Then again, America has gone into a moral slide that appears to have no end........... so maybe something like 70% of Americans deserve this.
Please tell us that we are so depraved that we deserve Joe Biden as punishment and that we aren't worthy of having Trump as our president again.

Sincerely,

-- something like 70% of Americans
sigh... and the rest of us who don't.. too bad for us
such is life in the political minority.

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟491,004.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
He should invite them to White House where he currently lives and works because he won in 2020.
Even after not holding huge rallies (which ended up killing some of his supporters)? Interesting, it is almost as if crowd sizes at very localized gatherings are meaningless when it comes to figuring out the outcome of nationwide elections.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟567,855.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
oh, and here is Joe Bidens first rally in 2024

View attachment 347830

Maybe he should invite Iron Maden

To add some more perspective, AT&T stadium where the Cowboys play seats 80,000 people.

That looks like this: View attachment 347836
I wanted to take this opportunity to point out to everybody that the composition of a photograph can have a huge impact on how big or small the elements within the shot (e.g. a crowd) appear to be. The image of Biden uses a long focal length (i.e. zoomed in), while the football shot uses a wide angle lens (i.e. zoomed way out).

Long focal lengths tend to make the objects in the image appear closer to each other than they are along the direct that the camera is pointing, while wide angle lenses tend to do the opposite and make most things appear small and far away.

Below is an example of similar shots taken with different focal lengths.

1715777617499.png

Think of these as being most zoomed out on the left and most zoomed in on the right. The distance between the camera and the model changes with each shot such that she takes up the same amount of space, but those changes make the background look much closer on the right than it does on the left. If there were a crowd in the bg instead of a building, the crowd would appear much denser on the right than it actually is.

This is how filmmakers do the "walking away from an explosion" trope. The actor isn't anywhere close to the explosion, but the focal length and framing of the shot make it look like they are.

1715778485261.png

This is also why baseball pitchers look like they're right in front of batters, even though they're 60' apart. The camera is in the outfield and has a very long lens and a low angle:
1715778684305.png

Last edited:
Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟562,492.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I wanted to take this opportunity to point out to everybody that the composition of a photograph can have a huge impact on how big or small the elements within the shot (e.g. a crowd) appear to be. The image of Biden uses a long focal length zoomed in far, while the football shot uses a wide angle lens zoomed out.

Long focal lengths tend to make the objects in the image appear closer to each other than they are along in the direct that the camera is pointing, while wide angle lenses tend to do the opposite and most things appear small and far away.

Below is an example of similar shots taken with different focal lengths.

View attachment 347869

Think of these as being most zoomed out on the left and most zoomed in on the right. The distance between the camera and the model changes with each shot such that she takes up the same amount of space, but those changes make the background look much closer on the right than it does on the left. If there were a crowd in the bg instead of a building, the crowd would appear much denser on the right than it actually is.

This is how filmmakers do the "walking away from an explosion" trope. The actor isn't anywhere close to the explosion, but the focal length and framing of the shot make it look like they are.

View attachment 347871

This is also why baseball pitchers look like they're right in front of batters, even though they're 60' apart. The camera is in the outfield and has a very long lens and a low angle:
View attachment 347872
Certainly no disagreement that focal length changes the perspective of the photo and I probably should have found a more flat image to compare the two but I mostly just wanted to show the area needed to seat 80k people compared to the area taken up by the Trump crowd. I imagine it’s hard to get an entire stadium in one shot without going extremely wide or fisheye.

Reactions: iluvatar5150
Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟562,492.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Even after not holding huge rallies (which ended up killing some of his supporters)? Interesting, it is almost as if crowd sizes at very localized gatherings are meaningless when it comes to figuring out the outcome of nationwide elections.
I’m surprised they didn’t catch on to this point after 2020 but then again, not so surprising when they’ve convinced themselves everything is rigged.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟567,855.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Certainly no disagreement that focal length changes the perspective of the photo and I probably should have found a more flat image to compare the two but I mostly just wanted to show the area needed to seat 80k people compared to the area taken up by the Trump crowd. I imagine it’s hard to get an entire stadium in one shot without going extremely wide or fisheye.
I wasn't wild about the shot I got of Trump's Tulsa rally, either. I scanned through a couple of video videos and couldn't find a single wide shot showing the entire crowd - they were all close ups showing just what was immediately behind him. The one medium shot I posted was the widest I could find, and at least it showed that a good chunk of the floor was empty.

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟491,004.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I’m surprised they didn’t catch on to this point after 2020 but then again, not so surprising when they’ve convinced themselves everything is rigged.
If these sorts of claims were based in reality, they wouldn't have shown up in 2020, much less now.

Upvote 0