01000101|01100001|01110010|01110100|01101000
✟111,386.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I wasn't sure this was the right place to post this. (?)

Anyway, today I was sitting at my computer when I heard water pouring on my closet roof. Since I just had a new roof installed a year ago, obviously this was a serious slap in the face moment. I felt like - God why are you doing this to me - and I got up to investigate. Yep, the roof is leaking right over my closet, and we have the worst rain to follow tomorrow. So I was able to get buckets placed below the leaks and now everything is ok again under the circumstances. After things calmed down I asked myself (and God?) why this happened to me since I have not been causing problems and drama for my fellow man, etc. While I can't say it was God answering me in some miracle, etc. I can say that I was actually lucky in this problem as I caught the leak before the water ruined our drywall. Thus making a problem into a giant expensive problem. So in hind site I do feel lucky and thankful even if I still have a big problem to deal with once this rain event passes.

I thought this might be a good thing to share since we all have these kinds of dramas in our lives, and they suck royally. But they are not truly worth the hate and anger that we feel when they first happen.

TrueBornAgain

Apr 20, 2017
Northern Tablelands
✟11,985.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I can relate as I had a roof leak recently, mine is still yet to be fixed but fortunately it's not raining now. I hope you can manage the problem OK till it can be fixed. Yes God tests us in many ways, imagine if everything was easy then it wouldnt teach us much I suppose. I like to think one day God will take us to heaven where we have earned the good life and there will be nothing bad there just Heaven ! But for now even with the challenges we are learning many things we need to to qualify for Heaven !
Blessed Be The Lord !

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I wasn't sure this was the right place to post this. (?)

Anyway, today I was sitting at my computer when I heard water pouring on my closet roof. Since I just had a new roof installed a year ago, obviously this was a serious slap in the face moment. I felt like - God why are you doing this to me - and I got up to investigate. Yep, the roof is leaking right over my closet, and we have the worst rain to follow tomorrow. So I was able to get buckets placed below the leaks and now everything is ok again under the circumstances. After things calmed down I asked myself (and God?) why this happened to me since I have not been causing problems and drama for my fellow man, etc. While I can't say it was God answering me in some miracle, etc. I can say that I was actually lucky in this problem as I caught the leak before the water ruined our drywall. Thus making a problem into a giant expensive problem. So in hind site I do feel lucky and thankful even if I still have a big problem to deal with once this rain event passes.

I thought this might be a good thing to share since we all have these kinds of dramas in our lives, and they suck royally. But they are not truly worth the hate and anger that we feel when they first happen.

More than likely; bad roof installation vs God.

Upvote 0

MrNoodle

Would you like a Chum Burger?
Jan 28, 2017
01000101|01100001|01110010|01110100|01101000
✟111,386.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
We had the worst of the storms today. The roads are flooded out everywhere. We got around 9" of rain over the past couple days, with the majority today. The roof didn't leak at all today. I am expecting there to be some missing shingles, or something like that. But aside of possibly the storms coming from a different wind direction, no leaking was unexpected. I choose to learn from this regardless if its trivial or spiritual. Because there is always things to learn from any experience.

Upvote 0

TrueBornAgain

Apr 20, 2017
Northern Tablelands
✟11,985.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Sure question your roofer especially if it's new. But importantly pray to God !
I saw a great message somewhere suggesting we thank God for the things that go wrong and the things that go right, they are all opportunities to be grateful and grow.

With my roof leak experience and right now I have no roofer available as he's too busy on big jobs, fortunately its not raining but when it does I have to manage the problem and pray. I pray I have the money when he is available !

The things which challenge us or don't go to plan increase our faith and make us get closer to God, even though they seem bad at the time and unfair, its really a win win, win for God as we call and look to Him for guidance and win for us as we gain experience, greater faith, patience and understanding, Gods plan, no ?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

TrueBornAgain

Apr 20, 2017
Northern Tablelands
✟11,985.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
We had the worst of the storms today. The roads are flooded out everywhere. We got around 9" of rain over the past couple days, with the majority today. The roof didn't leak at all today. I am expecting there to be some missing shingles, or something like that. But aside of possibly the storms coming from a different wind direction, no leaking was unexpected. I choose to learn from this regardless if its trivial or spiritual. Because there is always things to learn from any experience.

Blessed Be The Lord !

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums