Time is Money.

GospelS

A Daughter of Zion Seeking Her Father in Heaven!
Site Supporter
Aug 1, 2017
She is The Land!
✟467,219.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Freely we have received, and freely we give.
What I freely receive, I freely give.

What I buy, I do not give nor sell.

I invest them. Wisely.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

GospelS

Site Supporter
Aug 1, 2017
She is The Land!
✟467,219.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm too dumb to see your post as anything but a troll post.
Dear beloved seeker in Christ,

That is fine. I understand. If this is how the Lord meant it to be, then so be it.

It's not for you by your own confession. But if you want to see, then why don't you humbly ask.

Anyway, thanks for taking time to share. I can pray for you. :)

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟313,010.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Dear beloved seeker in Christ,

That is fine. I understand. If this is how the Lord meant it to be, then so be it.

It's not for you by your own confession. But if you want to see, then why don't you humbly ask.

Anyway, thanks for taking time to share. I can pray for you. :)

The few things I understand about buying the truth and not sharing it are two things, the black market and esotericism.

Another one is you have to become poor (let go of your worldly existence) to know that truth. Since you lose a lot of money in the process, I suppose, it's like buying the truth as well. If you don't share it, it brings us back to esotericism.

The truth might get you permanently banned in this forum and get hated even by Christians everywhere so I suppose, you can't share it anyway.

That's all my mind can process. If it's anything beyond that, I'll be too dumb to understand.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GospelS

Site Supporter
Aug 1, 2017
She is The Land!
✟467,219.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The few things I understand about buying the truth and not sharing it are two things, the black market and esotericism.

Another one is you have to become poor (let go of your worldly existence) to know that truth. Since you lose a lot of money in the process, I suppose, it's like buying the truth as well. If you don't share it, it brings us back to esotericism.

The truth might get you permanently banned in this forum and get hated even by Christians everywhere so I suppose, you can't share it anyway.

That's all my mind can process. If it's anything beyond that, I'll be too dumb to understand.
Thanks for sharing. I'm exercising Proverbs 23:23 in my OP. In case you want to meditate on it and gain understanding.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟313,010.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Thanks for sharing. I'm exercising Proverbs 23:23 in my OP. In case you want to meditate on it and gain understanding.

Proverbs only said "do not sell it" But it doesn't also say "Do not share it".

Didn't Jesus told us to share the truth?

This is why only two things come to my mind - black market stuff or esotericism. Are you any of those?

Upvote 0

GospelS

Site Supporter
Aug 1, 2017
She is The Land!
✟467,219.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Proverbs only said "do not sell it" But it doesn't also say "Do not share it".

Didn't Jesus told us to share the truth?

This is why only two things come to my mind - black market stuff or esotericism. Are you any of those?
You are mixing selling with sharing. I can go with your assumption.

If you don't sell something, then you very well don't share it.

Jesus bought me. He sure would not share me with the world for anything.

He invests me in this world for His kingdom. Truth is a Person.

I buy people for His kingdom. I'm not going to give or sell them for anything.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟313,010.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I buy people for His kingdom. I'm not going to give or sell them for anything.

That's the only thing I understand.

You need to be careful how far you wish to obscure your message because I thought you're promoting Esotericism. Esoterics may sometimes literally buy the truth but not share it. The truth can be literally bought with money and I mean genuine truth, not some fake, false teaching.

I really thought that's what you're going for because that stuff is real. Is not something you just see in movies.

Jesus have a parable about the truth like hidden treasure and someone had to buy it for a huge amount of money. Most Christians would assume you didn't have to pay a huge amount of money in order to gain the truth. It's all figurative, not literal. But in some respects, it isn't. You do need to pay a huge price to gain it.

A far more applicable verse for you is:

Luke 16:9
I tell you, use worldly wealth to gain friends for yourselves, so that when it is gone, you will be welcomed into eternal dwellings.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

GospelS

Site Supporter
Aug 1, 2017
She is The Land!
✟467,219.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That's the only thing I understand.

You need to be careful how far you wish to obscure your message because I thought you're promoting Esotericism. Esoterics may sometimes literally buy the truth but not share it. The truth can be literally bought with money and I mean genuine truth, not some fake, false teaching.

I really thought that's what you're going for because that stuff is real. Is not something you just see in movies.

Jesus have a parable about the truth like hidden treasure and someone had to buy it for a huge amount of money. Most Christians would assume you didn't have to pay a huge amount of money in order to gain the truth. It's all figurative, not literal. But in some respects, it isn't. You do need to pay a huge price to gain it.

A far more applicable verse for you is:

Luke 16:9
I tell you, use worldly wealth to gain friends for yourselves, so that when it is gone, you will be welcomed into eternal dwellings.
This is a different subject. To say time is money is an aphorism. It's not a worldly wealth. The title of this thread refers to how someone is spending their time, their valuable asset. I don't buy people with literal wealth. I lay down my life for them as Jesus did.

The purpose of the riddles is usually to hide a truth. Perhaps even deceive the listener about its meaning as needed. Solomon doesn't intend to list the answers to his riddles. He wants you to learn to solve them for yourself. When I do not share a truth, it is for the good of the Kingdom.

We don't give meat to children. Don't pour new wine into old wineskins. Don't sew a patch of unshrunk cloth on an old garment. There are also snakes and wolves in the garden who come to steal the truth for worldly gains. We are given stewardship of the Truth. It doesn't have be black market stuff or esotericism.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

venksta

Jesus is humanity's most successful rebel.
May 12, 2004
Kingdom of God
✟85,932.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Proverbs 23:23
"Buy the truth and do not sell it— wisdom, instruction and insight as well."

I meditated on this, breaking down what "buy" and "sell" really meant.
If I want a cheeseburger, I have to "buy" it, by trading something for it, which I can not get back directly. That would be money. Once I "buy" the cheeseburger, the money has been replaced by it.

So like wise, when we "buy" truth, we are not to "sell" it, by replacing that truth for "another" truth, which is a lie. It can be false doctrines, or unbiblical teachings, which attract us, yet has no real value of truth. However, what is the cost of truth? Its a cost we can only pay to God, and not another. We pay it by giving Him ourselves. Areas in our lives which are worldly, and not of His ways. Once God gives us that new truth, we must hold on to it, and never replace it.

Is this what you were thinking, @GospelS ?

Upvote 0

GospelS

Site Supporter
Aug 1, 2017
She is The Land!
✟467,219.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

If I want a cheeseburger, I have to "buy" it, by trading something for it, which I can not get back directly. That would be money. Once I "buy" the cheeseburger, the money has been replaced by it.

So like wise, when we "buy" truth, we are not to "sell" it, by replacing that truth for "another" truth, which is a lie. It can be false doctrines, or unbiblical teachings, which attract us, yet has no real value of truth. However, what is the cost of truth? Its a cost we can only pay to God, and not another. We pay it by giving Him ourselves. Areas in our lives which are worldly, and not of His ways. Once God gives us that new truth, we must hold on to it, and never replace it.

I agree. We do not trade or lose truth in exchange for perishable things. I'm likewise talking about cultivating a deeper bond with our heavenly Father for spiritual progress while we could be doing other less important activities.

Upvote 0

GospelS

Site Supporter
Aug 1, 2017
She is The Land!
✟467,219.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

I believe this also means that we should strive to find the truth and not let anyone talk us out of it. For instance, when Eve saw how beautiful the tree was and how good its fruit would be to eat, she didn't make an effort to uncover the truth and was easily swayed by her ignorance.

Upvote 0