Jun 27, 2015
✟39,935.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I want to change my username because the current username has people calling my name as Isaiah when in conversation. Isaiah 55:6-7 has been chosen to express humility and repentance before the Lord over sin: “Seek the LORD while He may be found, call on Him while He is near. Let the wicked forsake their ways and the unrighteous their thoughts. Let them turn to the LORD, and He will have mercy on them, and to our God, for He will freely pardon.” I like the message in this verse but think I want to change my username. I had “Joy comes in the morning” before but people were calling my name “Joy” even though I’m a guy. So I guess I could use “Rejoicing comes in the morning” and this comes from Psalm 30:5 and ultimately refers to the dawning of the eternal state and joy in the afterlife.

However I really think that I want to choose “Abba i Belong to You” as my username. Abba is the name of God so I wanted to ask you do you think people that aren’t aware that this is God’s name might start calling me “Abba”? It comes from Romans 8:15: “The Spirit you received does not make you slaves, so that you live in fear again; rather, the Spirit you received brought about your adoption to sonship. And by him we cry, ‘Abba, Father.’” A footnote in my Bible says that Abba is Aramaic for Father.

Brother-Mike

Predetermined to freely believe
Aug 16, 2022
Toronto
✟41,941.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Private
Why not just choose a unique username then followed by “Abba I belong to you” - e.g. “Chris - Abba I belong to you”. Then people will call you (correctly) Chris.

By not having a unique name you're making hard for other brothers and sisters to know what to call you, and that doesn’t seem to be in the spirit of fellowship if you ask me.

Just a suggestion :grinning:

Upvote 0