Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Will have to skip today. Be back Wednesday.
You're consistency is inspiring nevertheless. I was just thinking about. I haven't stuck with my commitment of one time a week with quiet times. Snow plowing really throws me off.

• Agree
Reactions: DragonFox91
Upvote 0

SarahsKnight

Jesus Christ is this Knight's truth.
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟1,001,673.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You're consistency is inspiring nevertheless. I was just thinking about. I haven't stuck with my commitment of one time a week with quiet times. Snow plowing really throws me off.

I thank you for the encouragement, Sampa, but, I would say that your consistency at heart is likely greater and more inspirational than my own. :angel:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SarahsKnight

Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟1,001,673.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Passages of note to me from the previous day's reading, Colossians 3 ->

12 Put on then, as God's chosen ones, holy and beloved, compassionate hearts, kindness, humility, meekness, and patience, 13 bearing with one another and, if one has a complaint against another, forgiving each other; as the Lord has forgiven you, so you also must forgive. 14 And above all these put on love, which binds everything together in perfect harmony. 15 And let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in one body. And be thankful. 16 Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly, teaching and admonishing one another in all wisdom, singing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, with thankfulness in your hearts to God. 17 And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.

I was thinking as I read this last night, @Multifavs , @GodJesusAndChocolate , we knights have our work cut out for us. Let us keep striving to show all of these good qualities and let them define our characters far more than any negative trait. :angel:

Upvote 0

SarahsKnight

Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟1,001,673.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Quite a lot to take in from Paul the Apostle during his rather grandiose discourse in the Epistle to the Romans so far, especially this bit from Romans 2. But as with many things in Scripture of course, we should take it to heart. :angel: ->

3 Do you suppose, O man—you who judge those who practice such things and yet do them yourself—that you will escape the judgment of God? 4 Or do you presume on the riches of his kindness and forbearance and patience, not knowing that God's kindness is meant to lead you to repentance? 5 But because of your hard and impenitent heart you are storing up wrath for yourself on the day of wrath when God's righteous judgment will be revealed.

And thinking it over, I have heard some people over my time as a man of the Christian faith try to use this very passage as an excuse to judge someone they personally dislike for the particular sin that the former party has no personal struggle with, simply because of the phrase "you who judge those who practice such things and yet do them yourself" . So it's like their thinking is: I don't do that specific thing that they do, therefore I can use God to tell them it is wrong (as in, I think they should be judged and condemned as unsaved for it) and be on the moral high ground.
And I'm thinking nah, I'm pretty sure in the context of the entirety of Romans 2, you're in no position period to judge - not in the condemning way that Paul seems to mean here, anyway - period.
I mean, if you have a problem with lying and cheating - even if in what the world might call "little ways" - then who are you to condemn a man of anger? And vice versa.
And if you have been divorced, or were a flat adulterer, who are you to judge the homosexual? And vice versa.
If you are a violent man who sees no problem with soundly beating up someone who wrongs you, or worse, killing them, who are you to judge the foul-mouthed and crass individual? (Although admittedly, I myself am not a fan of constant and egregious profaneness or insulting language.)

God save all of us from these evils through Jesus Christ some day - NOT just ourselves or the people we personally like, while condemning the rest and cheering on God's wrath against them.

I welcome any gentle correction or other thoughts/views concerning Job 31 and Romans 2 that you may have.

• Friendly
Reactions: DragonFox91
Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟217,965.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I love Romans 1 & 2 & frequently go back to those chapters. How much do you see the need for Christ after reading Romans 1 & 2! Mankind is terrible! All of us! It's so depressing but in that we're able to see how much we need a Savior!

(But I think those verses are specifically calling out those not in Christ who think just being a good person w/out Christ is enough, before that he was specifically talking about people who rejected God completely- 'yeah we do depraved things but we're right w/ God b/c we try our best to be good people!' but yes, sometimes that is all of us, even those in Christ, so there's application for the Christian too. Romans 1 & 2 is about us pre-Christ - why do we even need a Savior. Then the rest of the book gets into who we are w/ Christ.)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SarahsKnight

Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟1,001,673.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
DAY 252

Job 34 and 35
Romans 4

Elihu, apparently younger than Job and three friends, comes and apparently speaks great wisdom despite his youth, to expose why his elders in both parties who have been speaking all this time before him, are wrong in their thinking.

In particular, this from Job 34 stood out to me ->
8 He keeps company with evildoers;
he associates with the wicked.
9 For he says, ‘There is no profit
in trying to please God.’
10 “So listen to me, you men of understanding.
Far be it from God to do evil,
from the Almighty to do wrong.
11 He repays everyone for what they have done;
he brings on them what their conduct deserves.
12 It is unthinkable that God would do wrong,
that the Almighty would pervert justice.
13 Who appointed him over the earth?
Who put him in charge of the whole world?
14 If it were his intention
and he withdrew his spirit[a] and breath,
15 all humanity would perish together
and mankind would return to the dust.
16 “If you have understanding, hear this;
listen to what I say.
17 Can someone who hates justice govern?
Will you condemn the just and mighty One?
18 Is he not the One who says to kings, ‘You are worthless,’
and to nobles, ‘You are wicked,’
19 who shows no partiality to princes
and does not favor the rich over the poor,
for they are all the work of his hands?
20 They die in an instant, in the middle of the night;
the people are shaken and they pass away;
the mighty are removed without human hand.
21 “His eyes are on the ways of mortals;

he sees their every step.

Last edited:
Upvote 0