Ohio
✟9,381.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I hate politics, preaching in these last days, money loving, myself and my own sin. I don't even like worship music anymore. It's just more wealth and politics to me. I'm the scum of the earth like 1 Corinthians chapter 4 mentions but im not even an apostle. I'm not even worthy to be called a Christian.

Reactions: 2PhiloVoid

HopeSings

May 3, 2024
Ohio
✟9,381.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sometimes, I don't know what's real
Like a dead man, sometimes i can't feel

There is nowhere to hide or to run
No one can help me, no, not one

My eyes are never satisfied, and they like to steal
My mind is my enemy, and i just can't heal

Upvote 0

HopeSings

May 3, 2024
Ohio
✟9,381.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I feel this song however. It's a beautiful song. I'm crucified to the world and its crucified to me. Im dead. But don't call me a Christian. I'm unworthy. I'm the scum that should have taken the reproach of Jesus and his apostles. I deserve it.

Upvote 0

HopeSings

May 3, 2024
Ohio
✟9,381.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If only I could forget, never to remember
My soul feels cold as the month of November

I'm not a beautiful rose, but i have a thorn
Only you can save me and make me reborn

Esau had many tears that he cried
David did as well, and precious are your saints who died

What am I? I do not even know
One day, Lord, you will surely show.

Upvote 0

HopeSings

May 3, 2024
Ohio
✟9,381.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This song is about giving up and accepting your fate. It's pretty much how I feel. I'm nothing but an ugly beggar who is too tired to fight and I know it's futile anyway. God is true and I am nothing. I pray that he make me into something however. Something we can both love and understand. No one wants to hold my soul. God is my hope. But i have no hope in myself at all. If brokenness is good then it's something good in me at least.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

RandyPNW

Jun 8, 2021
Pacific NW, USA
✟110,516.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I hate politics, preaching in these last days, money loving, myself and my own sin. I don't even like worship music anymore. It's just more wealth and politics to me. I'm the scum of the earth like 1 Corinthians chapter 4 mentions but im not even an apostle. I'm not even worthy to be called a Christian.

Sometimes we may find ourselves so distressed with the sin in our surroundings that we want to live out in the wilderness. That's fine, but there comes a time when God may send you back into the world to testify against its sins with an attitude to save some.

Upvote 0

Richard T

Mar 25, 2018
traveling Asia
✟74,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
My apologies. Obviously I have problems and issues.
The poor have a friend in Jesus and in all believers that have compassion. One might compare the house of Saul to the house of David with a dilemma you consider. “David left Gath and escaped to the cave of Adullam. When his brothers and his father’s household heard about it, they went down to him there. All those who were in distress or in debt or discontented gathered around him, and he became their commander. About four hundred men were with him” (1 Samuel 22:1-2).

Here we have the poor, the discontented being on the righteous side, while Saul and ones around him were carrying on in doing "works" toward God. You have some good discernment in seeing how far some churches have gone from their faith. Hating hypocrisy is Ok, but sometimes we do this in judging others. The fact is we all our hypocrites except Jesus. If others are not genuine sometimes it is best just left to God.

Suppose one Christian is made rich, and all their gains were righteous and just. They gave and in turn God blessed them, though that was not the motivation. Others though are like Eli's sons, as priests they overcharged for the sacrifices, putting themselves first and for a time had wealth their way. For a time both these examples might be equally rich, but God has the motives, the rewards, the judgment.

Another issue I see in discontent with wealth is a world mentality that we have limited resources. Yes, the world things that if one receives much, then some will be totally left behind in poverty. However, when we add God to the occasion, resources really are not limited. God can give a preacher two planes and still bless everyone else that he desires. The problem is that we sometimes cannot know what is just. So i do not sweat other's prosperity because it does not take away from mine. I too have escaped this "wealth" dilemma by spending time in some of the poorest nations where things are far more real and motives easier to see.

The classic definition of politics is "who gets what when and where." This power draws evil people. The only way it is put in check is through a Constitution or people that are givers, not takers. Term limits, less pay, no using your past position to lobby in the future, etc. The founders of the US tried to limit government, but stuff like the income tax amendment got changed later. The founders simply did not fully imagine enough people would be depraved and corrupt to do most anything. As one put it, the U.S. was designed to be a moral and religious nation. it seems the writers of Pink Floyd were correct in assuming dogs, sheep and pigs? the Dogs represent the ruthless business men, the Pigs are the corrupt leaders and the Sheep are the ignorant and impressionable common folk."

To me it is interesting that God in Matt. 10:16 says "“I am sending you out like sheep surrounded by wolves, so be wise as serpents and innocent as doves." Why can't Christianity get with the program?

Consider too, the parable of the employer who paid wages to employees that did not take into account the hours that each had worked. It seemed unjust, but the wages were agreed upon. Thus, we have to just turn outcomes over to God. God is just and even evildoers that prosper for a time will take a huge hit in this lifetime or at judgment. Anyway, just a few thoughts to consider.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

hislegacy

Jesus is the only Way
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟725,139.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I need brotherly help too. Prayer and a kind word is nice. I'll be ok. I'm having a hard time dealing with some thing's.
That is exactly what I was offering - it is so much better for you to sit face to face with someone who can help you, then on an anonymous internet site.

• Agree
Upvote 0

HopeSings

May 3, 2024
Ohio
✟9,381.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That is exactly what I was offering - it is so much better for you to sit face to face with someone who can help you, then on an anonymous internet site.
I have a great deal of social anxiety. I don't go around people often. My neighbors sometimes

Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Critical Thinking ***contra*** Conformity!
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,153,685.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I have a great deal of social anxiety. I don't go around people often. My neighbors sometimes

I wouldn't let it get you too down. It's highly common these days for people to feel closed off and isolated from others. There are too many tensions in society and too many diverse opinions clashing everywhere that folks (including myself) don't feel much in the way of instant rapport with others.

I must say, though, I like your song choices ... ;)

Reactions: HopeSings
Upvote 0

HopeSings

May 3, 2024
Ohio
✟9,381.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I wouldn't let it get you too down. It's highly common these days for people to feel closed off and isolated from others. There are too many tensions in society and too many diverse opinions clashing everywhere that folks (including myself) don't feel much in the way of instant rapport with others.

I must say, though, I like your song choices ... ;)
Thanks

Upvote 0