These 7 people saw the earth from space … and this is the surprising thing they all said

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,762,860.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
"Everything I thought was wrong. Everything I had expected to see was wrong." - William Shatner

In October 2021, William Shatner — famous for his role as Captain Kirk in Star Trek — went into space. He was the oldest living person to do so at ripe young age of 90, but he couldn’t resist the opportunity of a lifetime.

The experience was not what he expected.

In an excerpt from his new book, Boldly Go: Reflections on a Life of Awe and Wonder,Shatner reflects on his trip into space on the Blue Origin space shuttle and says he was surprised by his own reaction.

While he writes that he has always loved the mystery and questions of the universe, all that he saw was “death” when he looked into space — “unlike any blackness you can see or feel on Earth. It was deep, enveloping, all-encompassing,” he writes. In contrast, what Shatner says he saw when he looked at Earth was life.

“Everything I had thought was wrong. Everything I had expected to see was wrong,” he writes in his book.

Continued below.
These 7 people saw the earth from space ... and this is the surprising thing they all said