London, Greater London
✟21,006.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So I wasn't really looking for a relationship or girlfriend I had pretty much given up on that and accepted single life as the norm for me... I have always shot myself in the foot when it came to women like saying the wrong thing or doing the opposite to impress her etc etc.

At my drop in center there is this lady who I find attractive and at first I just saw here as everybody else and I didn't really take any interest in her because I thought what would she want with me and that I'm not her type until she took an interest in me. Like an idiot I wasn't expecting it and whole situation took me by surprise and I also got shy and not knowing what to say to her. I thought to myself.

I'll wait until get my barrings and go speak to her and interact but I think I've waited to long and she has lost interest and some other guy has moved on to her but I can't tell if its just friendly or whether he wants to date her. What made things worse is that I remembered her telling me that she likes cars so I decided to paint some art work of a car for her and when I showed it to her I just so happened to paint the car she hates.

I don't think I'm ready for a relationship because I've had my mind set for so long now of accepting that nobody would be interested in me and I've got used to it.

I would like her to know I am interested but I don't want to come over as creepy or harassing in any way or make her feel uncomfortable.

Its nearly Christmas so I think I'll get her a Christmas card and I'll just put a kiss in it that way she might know I like her.

My main goal is to let her know I like her to see if she might still be interested in me and if she isn't then everything is cool and I can move on I just don't want to lose a potential opportunity for happiness.

What would you do?

Last edited:

Neostarwcc

We are saved purely by the work and grace of God.
Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟931,968.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
I always thought I was undatable as well. I met my wife back in 2014 and we married in 2015. My first advice I would give you is trust God and relax a bit. If God wants you to find someone you will and it will happen. If he doesn't being single and celibate isn't the end of the world. You like this woman and it sounds like she likes you back. I know you're embarrassed and awkward but you've got to make the first move. You have to tell her plainly that you like her and that you would like to date her. You can't let a woman guess that you like her, my wife would have never said she likes me even though she did. It's just the way girls are and I would tell her as soon as possible because like you said if she's beautiful other guys are going to want her.

Reactions: anything1234
Upvote 0

peaceful-forest

Nov 5, 2022
-
✟75,737.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
If you want to date, pray to God to give you someone. If God has someone picked out for you, it will happen.

This woman may or may not be the right one for you. And you should pray to God about dating this woman if you haven't.

Reactions: anything1234
Upvote 0

anything1234

Sep 11, 2022
London, Greater London
✟21,006.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Just an update... I didn't get the opportunity to ask her out it all just felt a bit awkward, wrong timing but there is no rush I have a plan and next week I'll find the right time. She seems to be still interested from the vibes I picked up. Some times you just gotta wait and observe for the right time.

Upvote 0

anything1234

Sep 11, 2022
London, Greater London
✟21,006.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Just an update... I told her I liked her in a Christmas card and I bought her some chocolates but then I was advised not to bring her the chocolates because it might be too strange and full on. She has servere anxiety which I didn't know about so the last thing I wanted to do was freak her out so I just gave her the Christmas card.

She didn't open it and she accidentally spilled a drink all over it. She dried it off and put it in her bag so I didn't see her open it but she took it so maybe she will see it.

I'm going to leave things as that. If she didn't read the card then I know she isn't right for me and if she did read it then she'll know I like her.

Upvote 0