• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

There is hope!

C A S S I E

Dec 21, 2013
Kentucky
✟15,137.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Hello everyone. I am new to the site. I seen this fourm on self injury & figured I'd share my story. I self harmed myself since I was 11... Now I am now 22. I felt like I had no body to go to! I barley had friends in high school. I was extremely shy. I started due to 'the popular crowd' saying stuff to me. I felt like I was in a bottomless pit. I cut everywhere on my body. I have scars on my face..my arms..legs..fingers...pretty much my whole body. I do not cover them up now. I don't not care who sees the scars. If people ask I do tell them my story.. maybe it will bring hope to someone else.. you never know who cuts or may have problems going on in their life. I prayed every time & every morning for God to bring hope to me. I dealt with constant pain & torture daily from other kids. I started going to a youth meeting my town had. We had visitors each week who attended who would tell their story of cutting or depression. The more I went the more I seen the light & that I wasn't alone. I made good friends with a couple of people who went to the meetings as well. We talked daily. A couple months went by & I realized I hadn't cut in 8 months. I was so shocked & surprised. Talking to people with the same thing really helps! They understand why you do! 8 months was amazing. I normally cut once a week or every 2 weeks! I started my own little support group as well. I didn't think much of it.. but I started talking to multiple people daily. Helping other people cope & get over the self harm.. helped me get over self harm. If you haven't you should check out in your local area for support groups or any kind of youth meeting etc. I know my story isn't worded the greatest LOL. But there is hope no matter how bad you may think it is! If you want to talk more deeply on this or just have someone listen.. I'm always open to hear. & may God Bless you! :amen::groupray: