The Open Cafe - a thread for everyone to post in. (2) [OPEN]

This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Swart

ÜberChristian
Mar 22, 2004
Melbourne
Visit site
✟24,687.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Greens
CaDan said:
No entry without baked goods!

Shall I bake my Toblerone Cheesecake for you?

This stuff is deadly! I love to see the look of shock from the person taking their first bite. You can almost feel the arteries hardening!

Firstly, make your favourite biscuit base and place it in a shallow, springform cake dish that is well greased and chill.

Ingredients:
1.5 kg cream cheese (3 blocks)
2 eggs
1 tablespoon of cocoa
1 tablespoon of white flour (or rice flour)
1 Toblerone (preferably Dark Toblerone)
3/4 metric cup castor sugar
condensed milk

Method:
1. Beat cream cheese and sugar together, add some condensed milk to help soften and to add to flavour. Generally no more than 1/4 tin of condensed milk should be added.
2. Melt Toblerone in the microwave, be careful not to boil it. Add the melted toblerone, flour and cocoa. Then add the eggs and mix well.
3. Pour into pepared crust and bake at 160 degrees celsius for 60 minutes.
4. When cooked it should still have a slight wobble in the middle. Leave in oven to cool to avoid cracking. Remove from oven and chill.
5. When serving dust with Icing sugar.

tips:
1 Soften Cream Cheese.
2 Be gentle with the eggs - Overbeating after the eggs are added can result in cracked cheesecakes.
3 No peeking - Opening the oven door during baking can cause cheesecakes to crack.
4 Set the timer - Start with the shortest baking time and add more time only if necessary.

NB: This is VERY rich! I serve it on a plate surrounded by liquid pure cream. The cream is necessary as the cheesecake will soak up the cream so as not to make it too rich. I also make a redcurrant sauce that I boil in the microwave and poor over the top immediately prior to serving.

To date, I have only found one person who can eat a whole slice without turning green.

Nutrional information: :D
I estimate the fat content to be about 800g of which 600g would be saturated and about 8000 calories. This is about 15 times the daily allowance of fat and enough calories to keep a fit, active adult going for three days. :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

morningstar2651

Senior Veteran
Dec 6, 2004
Arizona
✟66,649.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Ohhh, recipes! I have one that I want to share. I shared this one on other forums and they liked it there. Which reminds me, I haven't been on the adult swim forum in a long time...woo...tangent...anywho...

I think this is the recipe...it could be a slightly different one.

Cinnamon butter
4 oz butter
2 oz granulated sugar
2 oz brown sugar
4 teaspoons cinnamon

Beat until smooth, then refridgerate.

Upvote 0

cygnusx1

Jacob the twister.....
Apr 12, 2004
UK Northampton
Visit site
✟79,726.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
attachment.php
...........:wave: ......:hug:

Upvote 0