Claremore, OK
✟8,412.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
In the Old Testament, we see many stories about God losing his patience, as it were, and destroying certain cities or people. I think of Dathan and how the earth opened up and swallowed him and all those who followed him rather than following Moses, someone who spoke to God face to face, someone who was given the 10 Commandments written by God Himself... hard to believe but there it is...

Anyway, there are "perpetual" rituals mentioned in the Old T but only the Catholics still honor them... if them. I mean not all Catholics are truly Catholic (I've learned the hard way).

In any case, many Christians toss out the Old T-- "we don't need all that WRATH stuff anymore"

And yet it looks to me like God is angry.. He is allowing much evil to take over our world... He has given us over to

ourselves

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟493,497.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
In the Old Testament, we see many stories about God losing his patience, as it were, and destroying certain cities or people. I think of Dathan and how the earth opened up and swallowed him and all those who followed him rather than following Moses, someone who spoke to God face to face, someone who was given the 10 Commandments written by God Himself... hard to believe but there it is...

Anyway, there are "perpetual" rituals mentioned in the Old T but only the Catholics still honor them... if them. I mean not all Catholics are truly Catholic (I've learned the hard way).

In any case, many Christians toss out the Old T-- "we don't need all that WRATH stuff anymore"

And yet it looks to me like God is angry.. He is allowing much evil to take over our world... He has given us over to

ourselves
I agree God does not change, which is why Jesus taught not one jot or tittle could be changed from His holy law that He wrote and He spoke. . . yet the Catholic church says they changed the 4th commandment by their authority, which they claim is above God's Word. So I don't believe the Catholic church still honors God's Word the way He wrote it and told us no altering His Word. Pro 30:5-6 Deut 4:2 Mat 5:18-30 as no one is above the Authroity of God.

I wouldn't say God is angry- God is long suffering and longs for His children to trust and obey Him so He can take us by the hand and lead us on the narrow path back to Him. God's Word is to be the light to our path Psa 119:105 and we should not lean on our own understandings, but trust Him Pro 3:5-6 and obey Him through faith Rom 3:31 Rev 14:12 which leads us back to reconciliation Isa 56:1-7 Rev 22:14

Catholic church authority

Deny the authority of the Church and you have no adequate or reasonable explanation or justification for the substitution of Sunday for Saturday in the Third - Protestant Fourth - Commandment of God... The Church is above the Bible, and this transference of Sabbath observance is proof of that fact.'
—Catholic Record, September 1, 1923.

God's Authority

Psa 119:105
Your word is a lamp to my feet
And a light to my path.

It is well to remind the Presbyterians, Baptists, Methodists, and all other Christians, that the Bible does not support them anywhere in their observance of Sunday. Sunday is an institution of the Roman Catholic Church, and those who observe the day observe a commandment of the Catholic Church.
—Priest Brady, in an address, reported in the Elizabeth, NJ ‘News’ on March 18, 1903.

God's Authority

Exo 20:6 but showing mercy to thousands, to those who love Me and keep My commandments.

Catholic church's mark

Of course the Catholic Church claims that the change was her act. And the act is a mark of her ecclesiastical power and authority in religious matters.
—C. F. Thomas, Chancellor of Cardinal Gibbons, in answer to a letter regarding the change of the Sabbath, November 11, 1895.

God's Seal

Exo 20:8 “Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. 9 Six days you shall labor and do all your work, 10 but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the Lord your God. In it you shall do no work: you, nor your son, nor your daughter, nor your male servant, nor your female servant, nor your cattle, nor your stranger who is within your gates. 11 For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and hallowed it.

The Sabbath contains the three elements of a seal:
Name: Lord thy God
Title: Creator
Territory: Heaven and Earth

Eze 20:20 hallow My Sabbaths, and they will be a sign between Me and you, that you may know that I am the Lord your God.’

Tradition, not Scripture, is the rock on which the church of Jesus Christ is built.
—Adrien Nampon, Catholic Doctrine as Defined by the Council of Trent, p. 157

God's Authority

And in vain they worship Me,
Teaching as doctrines the commandments of men.’
8 For laying aside the commandment of God, you hold the tradition of men

Last edited:
Reactions: Vambram
Upvote 0

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟329,064.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single

ourselves
What are the perpetual rituals the Catholics are up to?

Upvote 0

Diamond7

YEC, OEC, GAP, TE - Dispensationalist.
Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟77,939.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
In the Old Testament, we see many stories about God losing his patience, as it were, and destroying certain cities or people.
We see that on the news today.

• Agree
Reactions: Vambram
Upvote 0