Pittsburgh
✟67,896.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You confuse the dead martyrs with the living 144,000.
Remember to pray for me. If I am confused and you love me as a Christian brother, remember to
pray for me to be made clear.

Tis visa - versa.

Now the 144,000 standing on a heaven Mt. Zion have a sign dedicated to them because of
the uniqueness of their experience. This is, I believe -

1.) They followed the Lamb is such dedication that ALIVE they were raptured to heaven.
Now you must admit. Out of the millions of believers who have lived only a fraction will
enjoy such a blessing - To Have Never Have Died BUT To Follow the Lord and be taken Enoch style to heaven (temporarily).

2.) The number 144,000 (12,000 times 12,000) whether symbolic or not or both actual and symbolic is a subset of the total
number of saints in the church universal. Perfection a thousand fold seems to be the message. With them the Triune
God is very pleased, very satisfied.

3.) They are purchased "from the earth". Now, granted, all saints are purchased by redemtion from the world as a Satanic system.
But this verse goes further that some are
purchased from the earth. I think it means raptured FROM the surface of the earth.

It puzzles me why you would so mightily resist this kind of interpretation.
Think of how many people served, healed, fed, cured, preached to by Jesus in His earthly ministry
How many dedicated ones of these did He finally end up with in the upper room? Only one hundred and twenty.

It stricts me as perculiar that Christian teachers could not see the consistency throughout all the Bible.
Many receive blessing. Only a few care for God's need and not just their own.

Come on Keras. Sometimes you and I don't care that much for God's need but only our own blessing.
This matter of some who have a unique song to sing should not be all that proposterious.

And they sing a new song before the throne and before the four living creatures and the elders; and no one could learn the song except the hundred and forty-four thousand, who have been purchased from the earth. (Rev. 14:3)

But you pray for me if I am so deceived.

The multitude in heaven are the Christian martyrs, all those killed for their faith, Stephen was the first and they are still being added to.
Their souls are kept under the Altar in heaven and God allows them to cry out at times. Rev 6:9-11
This is how I would teach you should understand the matter.

1.) The martyred saints who died, like Stephen, are in the man-child. (Rev. 12)
2.) The living saints who are ALSO pleasing to God, are in the firstfruits. (Rev. 14)

3.) The martyred saints who will be killed in the 3.5 years are in the ones seen standing on the sea of glass mingled with fire
in chapter 15.

4.) The rest of the saints, then living or having died in ages past are seen taken to the air in the harvest. (Rev. 14; 1 Thess. 4)

Revelation, therefore has different signs to cover different aspects of His total body of saints.
Some are living at the time just before the GT.
Some have been martyred in times past.
Some both living and in the past were well pleasing to Him.
Some will be martyred duyring the GT.
Some will not be martyred through the GT.

You see keras there are different signs which cover different situations.
But all in all everyone is covered.

One more word:
The ones taken to the throne as man-child shows their usefulness in spiritual warfare and governance.
Then one taken to the heaven as firstfruits shows thier pleasing satisfaction to the Father and the Son.

This two reveals two distinct yet relevant aspects to God.
They are all related. But they are dealt with with distinction by dedicated signs.

Another point:
The man-child has a sign showing them CAUGHT UP. In other words we see a dramatic rapture of them UP.
The firstfruits has a sign showing on the other hand they always had their hearts in heaven ANYWAY by thier living.

Because we Christians tend to be focused on the miraculous things done to our bodies we may miss this.
The vision of those who followed the Lamb where ever He goes are just SEEN there with no discription
of how they were taken. It is understood that they LIVED their lives as if with the Lamb in heaven while on earth.

The living people referred to in Revelation 14:1-3 and in Revelation 7:1-9, are in Jerusalem, as Jesus is revealed to them; standing on Mt Zion. They have been ransomed as the first fruits of mankind., selected out of the peoples of the earth. Rev 14:3
This is no slam-dunk that they are on Mt. Zion that must be in Jerusalem on earth.
We are told that in the church we HAVE COME . . . to Mt. Zion and the heavenly city in our living.
We who have come to the new covenant have virtually come to a heavenly Mt. Zion.

But you have come forward to Mount Zion and to the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem; and to myriads of angels, to the universal gathering;

And to the church of the firstborn, who have been enrolled in the heavens; and to God, the Judge of all; and to the spirits of righteous men who have been made perfect;

And to Jesus, the Mediator of a new covenant; and to the blood of sprinkling, which speaks something better than that of Abel. (Heb. 12:22-24)

I view those scriptures at face value, You add to them with a false theory of people living in heaven.
Sure the Bible shows people taken to heaven and returning with Christ down to the earth.
YOU need to insist that only ANGELS from heaven could do that.
YOU need that theory to ignore what the details of the Bible said.

Upvote 0

keras

Writer of studies on Bible prophecy
Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟297,540.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Sure the Bible shows people taken to heaven and returning with Christ down to the earth.
YOU need to insist that only ANGELS from heaven could do that.
YOU need that theory to ignore what the details of the Bible said.
The Bible simply does not say the Church will be raptured to heaven and the Bible does not say humans will accompany Jesus at His Return.
We must continue doing the tasks allotted to us until Jesus Returns. Matthew 28:19-20
Thinking people will ride white horses and wave swords, as King Jesus comes down from heaven, is Sci-fi gone mad. We will all be on earth, on that glorious Day of His Return and it will be His faithful Christian peoples who will say: Blessed is He who comes in the Name of the Lord.

I merely repeat what the Bible actually says is our destiny and it is not going to live in heaven.
I know that many have that fanciful dream, but for God to take His faithful people away from the earth, for 7 years, 3 1/2 years or five minutes, is wrong, is never stated in the Bible, contradicts many scriptures and would be an admission of God's failure to protect His faithful peoples.

Upvote 0

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟297,540.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Remember to pray for me. If I am confused and you love me as a Christian brother, remember to
pray for me to be made clear.
I do pray for all my Christian brothers and sisters, that they be enlightened to the truths of the Prophetic Word.
However, it seems that most have accepted false teachings and so have become locked into theories and fables, to their discredit and future disappointment. Isaiah 29:9-12
This can be overcome, but as Daniel 12:10 says; Only a few will understand. The vast majority will be shocked and surprised as the Lord brings down His punishment. If nothing else. we must remember to: Call upon the Name of the Lord and we will be saved.

Upvote 0

oikonomia

Nov 11, 2022
Pittsburgh
✟67,896.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Bible simply does not say the Church will be raptured to heaven and the Bible does not say humans will accompany Jesus at His Return.
Assertion with swelling aplumb.
We must continue doing the tasks allotted to us until Jesus Returns. Matthew 28:19-20
I said we should not be WHERE ??
Thinking people will ride white horses and wave swords, as King Jesus comes down from heaven, is Sci-fi gone mad.
Signs mean things.
Lampooning the sign is not cause to deny its significance.

I'm tired of arguing with you about the same points.
You may have some sympathetic readers here to your skepticism.
I'm not one.

"Only angels can come with Jesus" is comic book like naivete in light of the Bible's statements.
You go ahead and believe that.

Ignore that the NT plainly says that some of us Christ will bring with Him in His return.

For if we believe that Jesus died and rose, so also those who have fallen asleep through Jesus, God will bring with Him. (1 Thess. 4:14)
Some believers God will bring with Christ someday in His parousia.

Revelation 19 is an example of Christ coming to the earth, God bringing WITH Him some overcomers.
And the armies which are in heaven followed Him on white horses, dressed in fine linen, white and clean. (Rev. 19:14)

Scoff at your own loss. I'll believe the sign.

Upvote 0

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟297,540.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Scoff at your own loss. I'll believe the sign.
Of course you will; you have to.
You and hundreds of other teachers and pastors have molly coddled the people with those sorts of fables for years. They now fondly imagine they will never have to face testing times and look forward to sitting in heaven, while the world is in turmoil.
It is going to be tough for them and even worse of those who have misled their flock.

I have pointed out the truths of scripture and of what God does want from those who follow Jesus. I am in the clear. Ezekiel 2:20-21

Upvote 0