United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Green
He was inspired in what sense?

William Miller was inspired in the sense that Miller was given a chest filled with all sorts and sizes of jewels, diamonds, precious stones, and gold and silver coin of every dimension and value, all beautifully arranged so that they reflected a light and glory equaled only to the sun.

Miller was also inspired in the sense that his appreciation for the beauty of the truths he received was greatly superior to the perception of all those who ruined and depreciated his insights when he put them on public display, exactly as the dream indicates.

Upvote 0

woobadooba

Legend
Sep 4, 2005
✟10,191.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
William Miller was inspired in the sense that Miller was given a chest filled with all sorts and sizes of jewels, diamonds, precious stones, and gold and silver coin of every dimension and value, all beautifully arranged so that they reflected a light and glory equaled only to the sun.

Miller was also inspired in the sense that his appreciation for the beauty of the truths he received was greatly superior to the perception of all those who ruined and depreciated his insights when he put them on public display, exactly as the dream indicates.

And what of Miller's character? I know that he was a humble man. Can you say the same about yourself?

Have you exemplified the humility of Miller while you've been here?

Upvote 0

Bourbaki

Visiting Seventh-day Millerite
Sep 9, 2007
Land of Zog
Visit site
✟16,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Green
And what of Miller's character? I know that he was a humble man. Can you say the same about yourself?

Have you exemplified the humility of Miller while you've been here?

And I'd like to know how much respect you have for the forum rules that say, "Thread hijacking, off-topic posting, and derailment are forbidden."

Upvote 0

woobadooba

Legend
Sep 4, 2005
✟10,191.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And I'd like to know how much respect you have for the forum rules that say, "Thread hijacking, off-topic posting, and derailment are forbidden."

Is that what you think I am doing here?

You came in here to talk about yourself. I am simply asking you questions about yourself. How does that constitute 'Thread hijacking'?

If anything, I am being quite consistent with the topic of the thread. That is, you, of course.

Upvote 0

freeindeed2

In Christ We Are FREE!
Feb 1, 2007
A mile high.
✟79,697.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Testimony of Jesus is the Spirit of Prophecy. Sister White was and still is the messenger of that testimony given to a last generation of people before He comes.
The testimony of Jesus was not bottled up patented in a human being to be given to the world, especially since she (EGW) has been dead for almost 100 years! The testimony of Jesus Christ (which is the spirit of prophecy) is wide spread throughout the whole world and is easy to see everywhere Jesus is preached.

Upvote 0

woobadooba

Legend
Sep 4, 2005
✟10,191.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Eugene, is there some reason why you won't answer my question?

How about I ask another one...

Among the books written by Ellen White, you especially favor the book entitled The Great Controversy, yes?

And is there not one story in that book that always brings tears to your eyes when you tell it?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums