The history of how Sunday worship came about.

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟498,444.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
The Sabbath is about rest, keeping the sabbath means resting, not "corporate worship".

Exodus 16:23-30
"....let no man go out of his place on the seventh day. So the people rested on the seventh day."

Let's think of the children.
Monday - Friday they likely have to get up at a certain time and get dressed and ready for school.
Which day do they not have to get up at a certain time and get dressed and ready in the morning to go somewhere?
Which day do they get to sleep in as long as they like? Which is their day of sincere rest?
Certainly when I was child, having to get up, get dressed and ready to go to Church, was the same feeling as having to go to school.
The restful day was Saturday.
The commandment is to keep the Sabbath day holy Exo 20:8
The Sabbath is a holy convocation (gathering) Lev 23:3

What makes more sense to have corporate worship on the only day God blessed, sanctified and made holy Gen 2:1-3 Exo 20:8-11, the day worship continues in the New Heaven and New Earth Isa 66:22-23 or a day that God deemed for works and labors Exo 20:9, which is all days except the seventh day Sabbath. Exo 20:8-11

Upvote 0

contratodo

Apr 26, 2015
✟21,008.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The Sabbath is a holy convocation (gathering)

Six days may work be done; but in the seventh is the sabbath of rest; holy unto the Lord:
whosoever does any work in the sabbath day, he shall surely be put to death.

Exodus 31:15

In both passages, Exodus 31:15 and Leviticus 23:3 it is rest and not working that is stressed.
In the Exodus 16:23-30 account of the first sabbath, we do not see Moses instructing them to gather or worship,
but rather to stay inside, rest and eat leftovers.

And it is a numbered day, not a named day, the seventh day.
Six days of labor one day of rest.

If you start work on Tuesday your seventh day is going to be Monday.
If you start work on Monday your seventh day is going to be Sunday.

It is not about worship, it is about rest, and it is numbered.
I'm not being funny here at all, there is miraculous proof; Chick-fil-A.

Last month or so, one of the Chick-fil-A's near me on the highway had to remake the parking lot,
because the line would be so long at set times in the week, that it would create traffic out into the feeder of the highway.
So they had to expand the parking lot and drive through area to make more room for all their traffic.
They are blessed because they rest after six days of work.

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟498,444.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Six days may work be done; but in the seventh is the sabbath of rest; holy unto the Lord:
whosoever does any work in the sabbath day, he shall surely be put to death.

Exodus 31:15

In both passages, Exodus 31:15 and Leviticus 23:3 it is rest and not working that is stressed.
In the Exodus 16:23-30 account of the first sabbath, we do not see Moses instructing them to gather or worship,
but rather to stay inside, rest and eat leftovers.

And it is a numbered day, not a named day, the seventh day.
Six days of labor one day of rest.

If you start work on Tuesday your seventh day is going to be Monday.
If you start work on Monday your seventh day is going to be Sunday.

It is not about worship, it is about rest, and it is numbered.
I'm not being funny here at all, there is miraculous proof; Chick-fil-A.

Last month or so, one of the Chick-fil-A's near me on the highway had to remake the parking lot,
because the line would be so long at set times in the week, that it would create traffic out into the feeder of the highway.
So they had to expand the parking lot and drive through area to make more room for all their traffic.
They are blessed because they rest after six days of work.
This is the commandment of God- spoken and written by God

Exo 20:8 “Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. 9 Six days you shall labor and do all your work, 10 but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the Lord your God. In it you shall do no work: you, nor your son, nor your daughter, nor your male servant, nor your female servant, nor your cattle, nor your stranger who is within your gates. 11 For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and hallowed it.

We are to rest from our works to keep the Sabbath day holy. Rest on Sabbath means Sabbath-keeping and the scriptures are filled with ways to do that like-a holy convocation Lev 23:3- which is how Jesus and the apostles kept the Sabbath Luke 4:16 Acts 18:4

Exo 31:15 is the penalty for breaking the Sabbath- the wages of sin is death Romans 6:23

You need to read Exo 16 in context it is about gathering manna on the Sabbath, not about leaving ones home. They were not to leave their home to gather manna as there would be none, but a double portion was to be gathered on the Preparation Day, Friday for food to eat on the Sabbath.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

contratodo

Apr 26, 2015
✟21,008.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You need to read Exo 16 in context it is about gathering manna on the Sabbath, not about leaving ones home. They were not to leave their home to gather manna as there would be none, but a double portion was to be gathered on the Preparation Day, Friday for food to eat on the Sabbath.

The full context would be each and every passage about the sabbath, and as you have shown in Exodus 20:8, what is stressed is not working,
in the passages we have discussed only Leviticus 23:3 mentions 'holy convocation'.

In Exodus 20:8 keeping the sabbath holy means not working, because,
in six days the Lord made the world and on the seventh He rested from His work.

If what was important was gathering to worship, that would have been mentioned of the first sabbath,
again, what is mentioned, and what is stressed, God makes a miraculous point of it, is that we are to rest on the sabbath.
"So the people rested on the sabbath day" Exodus 16:30

Exodus 16:23-20 is an account of the nation of Israel keeping the first sabbath,
and God miraculously showing them that He will provide so that they don't have to work on the seventh day.

Exodus 20:8-11 is the first formal command of the Sabbath, nothing at all about gathering or worship,
the passage takes time explaining that you, your family, guests and your animals should not work.
The reason it gives for why is because God rested from His work.

Exodus 31:12-17 is a detailed explanation of the sabbath, "the sign between me and you through your generations",
the whole passage says nothing at all about gathering, or worship, and is definitely not just about the punishment of the sabbath,
but is a detailed explanation of the command.

The Messiah went into the synagogue on the Sabbath, as was His custom; to read.
Because the sabbath is a day of rest, and there is nothing better to do, religious people hung out at the temple all day.
As we can glean from the two passages you gave and Acts 13:14-16, indeed the temple was the sabbath hang out spot all day,
not a "worship" service, but multiple people speaking all day.

Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟102,951.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
The full context would be each and every passage about the sabbath, and as you have shown in Exodus 20:8, what is stressed is not working,
in the passages we have discussed only Leviticus 23:3 mentions 'holy convocation'.

If what was important was gathering to worship, that would have been mentioned of the first sabbath,
again, what is mentioned, and what is stressed, God makes a miraculous point of it, is that we are to rest on the sabbath.

Exodus 16:23-20 is an account of the nation of Israel keeping the first sabbath,
and God miraculously showing them that He will provide so that they don't have to work on the seventh day.

Exodus 20:8-11 is the first formal command of the Sabbath, nothing at all about gathering or worship,
the passage takes time explaining that you, your family, guests and your animals should not work.

Exodus 31:12-17 is a detailed explanation of the sabbath, "the sign between me and you through your generations",
the whole passage says nothing at all about gathering, or worship, and is definitely not just about the punishment of the sabbath,

Because the sabbath is a day of rest, and there is nothing better to do, religious people hung out at the temple all day.
As we can glean from the two passages you gave and Acts 13:14-16, indeed the temple was the sabbath hang out spot all day,
Leviticus 23: 3 Six days shall work be done: but the seventh day is the sabbath of rest, an holy convocation; ye shall do no work therein: it is the sabbath of the Lord in all your dwellings.

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟498,444.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

The commandment says Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy Exo 20:8. It then goes on to tell us to rest from our works and labors. The Sabbath is not about being being lazy- it’s about the day dedicated to God. Isa 58:13 God gives us 6 days to do all thy works and labors Exo 20:9 and just asks for one day back- the seventh day Sabbath Exo 20:10. The Sabbath started at Creation Exo 20:11 made for man Mark 2:27 Isa 56:1-6 to have holy communion with God. Spending time with God on the Sabbath is meant to bless and sanctify us, because we can’t sanctify ourselves Eze 20:12 and it is a sign of our loyalty is to God Eze 20:20, as the Sabbath is the only law that points us back to the God of Creation Exo 20:11 and contains His seal written personally by His own finger. No greater Authority than He.

Jesus was reading scripture at the syngaogues Luke 4:16-22 The scriptures is filled with examples of how to keep the Sabbath day holy and one of the examples by the Isralites, Jesus and the apotles was a holy convocation- church gathering. Lev 23:3 Luke 4:16-22 Acts 13:42-44, Acts 18:4

Last edited:
Upvote 0

contratodo

Apr 26, 2015
✟21,008.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The scriptures is filled with examples of how to keep the Sabbath day holy and one of the examples by the Isralites, Jesus and the apotles was a holy convocation- church gatherings. Lev 23:3 Luke 4:16-22 Acts 13:42-44, Acts 18:4

Sure gathering on the Sabbath is fine, in the new testament, in those passages we see people gathering at the temple to hear the word of God,
to preach and to read the word of God, and we can tell that multiple people spoke all day, it was not a worship service.

The clear stressed point of the Sabbath is refraining from labor;
Exodus 16:23-30, Exodus 20:8-11, Exodus 31:12-17, Deuteronomy 5:12-15.

Nehemiah 13:15-22
Nehemiah sanctifies the sabbath day by placing Levites at the gates of Jerusalem to make sure no business is done on the sabbath.

"And I command the Levites that they should cleanse themselves; and that they should come and keep
the gates, to sanctify the sabbath day."

Clearly keeping the day holy, sanctifying the sabbath, means, refraining from any work or business.
That is the main point of the sabbath, according to the Bible.

Let's examine Deuteronomy 16:8
"Six days thou shalt eat unleavened bread: and on the seventh day shall be a solemn assembly to the Lord thy God:
thou shalt do no work therein."

Or

"Six days thou shalt eat unleavened bread: and on the seventh day shall be a day of restraint to the Lord thy God:

The second version defines "day of restraint" as doing no work.
If "solemn assembly" is the correct translation, the verse does not define what that is.

Leviticus 23:8 and 23:36 are using the same Hebrew phrase as Deuteronomy 16:8,
it can be translated as 'a day of restraint' and in every instance that makes more sense with the passage.
And so also Leviticus 23:3 can be translated 'a day of restraint'.

Certainly according to Nehemiah 13:15-22, sanctifying the sabbath means to refrain from working or business,
a day of restraint.

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟498,444.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Sure gathering on the Sabbath is fine, in the new testament, in those passages we see people gathering at the temple to hear the word of God,
to preach and to read the word of God, and we can tell that multiple people spoke all day, it was not a worship service.
So reading the scriptures, hearing God’s Word, preaching God’s Word, reasoning with the scriptures and prayer is not worship- I will have to respectfully disagree. The Lord tells us to keep His ways on the Sabbath- sounds exactly what Jesus and the apostles did every Sabbath so I will have to agree to disagree with your interpretation.
The clear stressed point of the Sabbath is refraining from labor;
Exodus 16:23-30, Exodus 20:8-11, Exodus 31:12-17, Deuteronomy 5:12-15.
Are we to ignore God;s Word to Remember the Sabbath day to keep it holy Exo 20:8

Jesus said to live by every Word Mat 4:4 so I will keep this the way God stated.
Nehemiah 13:15-22
Nehemiah sanctifies the sabbath day by placing Levites at the gates of Jerusalem to make sure no business is done on the sabbath.

"And I command the Levites that they should cleanse themselves; and that they should come and keep
the gates, to sanctify the sabbath day."

Clearly keeping the day holy, sanctifying the sabbath, means, refraining from any work or business.
That is the main point of the sabbath, according to the Bible.
Amen, we are not to work on the Sabbath because it is God’s holy day Isa 58:13 that’s He made holy for man Exo 20:8 working is not a way to honor God or keep His Sabbath day holy.
Let's examine Deuteronomy 16:8
"Six days thou shalt eat unleavened bread: and on the seventh day shall be a solemn assembly to the Lord thy God:

Or

"Six days thou shalt eat unleavened bread: and on the seventh day shall be a day of restraint to the Lord thy God:

Deut 16:8 is not helping your case. I never said we are not to work on the Sabbath- because it is God’s holy day that we are commanded to keep holy as well. Exo 20:8

Six days you shall eat unleavened bread, and on the seventh day there shall be a sacred assembly to the LORD your God. You shall do no work on it.
The second version defines "day of restraint" as doing no work.
If "solemn assembly" is the correct translation, the verse does not define what that is.

Leviticus 23:8 and 23:36 are using the same Hebrew phrase as Deuteronomy 16:8,
it can be translated as 'a day of restraint' and in every instance that makes more sense with the passage.
And so also Leviticus 23:3 can be translated 'a day of restraint'.

Certainly according to Nehemiah 13:15-22, sanctifying the sabbath means to refrain from working or business,
a day of restraint.
This is what the Sabbath is about thus saith the Lord.

Isa 58:13 “If you turn away your foot from the Sabbath,
From doing your pleasure on My holy day,
And call the Sabbath a delight,
The holy day of the Lord honorable,
And shall honor Him, not doing your own ways,
Nor finding your own pleasure,
Nor speaking your own words,

The day is to be dedicated to God which is why we must rest from our work and labors and keep the Sabbath day holy. Does God want us lazy or resting in Him through His Word, prayer church and spending sanctified time with Him as we can’t sanctify ourselves Eze 20:12

If you believe the Sabbath is just about a day off and not about God you are missing the real blessing of His holy Sabbath day.

Eze 22:26 Her priests have violated My law and profaned My holy things; they have not distinguished between the holy and unholy, nor have they made known the difference between the unclean and the clean; and they have hidden their eyes from My Sabbaths, so that I am profaned among them.

Guess we will have to agree to disagree. Thanks for the chat and God bless.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bob S

Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Union County, TN
✟678,042.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I was just reading Acts 18 and in verse 13 the Jews made a united attack on Paul, why would they do that? Well it seems Paul was persuading the people to worship God in ways contrary to the LAW. Were the Jews correct in what Paul was doing? You bet they were. I would like to know if Paul was really wrong because of what I see happening on this thread. Of course the Law keepers here do not know where I and others live, so I don't fear being beat like Sosthenes was.

Actually, I do not believe you old covenant Law keepers would do physical harm and words won't break our bones, but the Jews were diametrically wrong, we are not under the dictates of the old covenant LAWS. Paul won some and lost some, but I am so thankful for His and other letters to the faithful who preserved them so that we really can know the real truth.

Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟102,951.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I was just reading Acts 18 and in verse 13 the Jews made a united attack on Paul, why would they do that? Well it seems Paul was persuading the people to worship God in ways contrary to the LAW. Were the Jews correct in what Paul was doing? You bet they were. I would like to know if Paul was really wrong because of what I see happening on this thread. Of course the Law keepers here do not know where I and others live, so I don't fear being beat like Sosthenes was.

Actually, I do not believe you old covenant Law keepers would do physical harm and words won't break our bones, but the Jews were diametrically wrong, we are not under the dictates of the old covenant LAWS. Paul won some and lost some, but I am so thankful for His and other letters to the faithful who preserved them so that we really can know the real truth.
You're confused. Paul was a Pharisee. Here is what he said about his life as a Pharisee.

Acts 9: 1 AND Saul, yet breathing out threatenings and slaughter against the disciples of the Lord, went unto the high priest,
2 And desired of him letters to Damascus to the synagogues, that if he found any of this way, whether they were men or women, he might bring them bound unto Jerusalem.

Paul was a Pharisee and held the coats of those who stoned Stephen. Luke tells us Paul was consenting to Stephen's death.

So do you think Paul was following the law of God by killing Christians? If not why were the Pharisees attacking him? What law were they condemning him for breaking? It certainly wasn't the 10 commandments.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Bob S

Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Union County, TN
✟678,042.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You're confused. Paul was a Pharisee. Here is what he said about his life as a Pharisee.

Acts 9: 1 AND Saul, yet breathing out threatenings and slaughter against the disciples of the Lord, went unto the high priest,
2 And desired of him letters to Damascus to the synagogues, that if he found any of this way, whether they were men or women, he might bring them bound unto Jerusalem.

Paul was a Pharisee and held the coats of those who stoned Stephen. Luke tells us Paul was consenting to Stephen's death.

So do you think Paul was following the law of God by killing Christians? If not why were the Pharisees attacking him? What law were they condemning him for breaking? It certainly wasn't the 10 commandments.
So, you don't believe Paul was chosen by God, converted and was spreading the Good News that Jews were no longer under the dictates of the old covenant Law? Of course you don't, but that is exactly what happened.

Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟102,951.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
So, you don't believe Paul was chosen by God, converted and was spreading the Good News that Jews were no longer under the dictates of the old covenant Law? Of course you don't, but that is exactly what happened.
So you won't even accept Paul's and Luke's word for what Saul was like. I find that pretty startling and very strange.

It seems to me you're saying murder by Paul was OK. If that's true then the Pharisees murdering Jesus was OK too and Gentiles now have nothing to fear from God for committing murder.

Upvote 0

Bob S

Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Union County, TN
✟678,042.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So you won't even accept Paul's and Luke's word for what Saul was like. I find that pretty startling and very strange.

It seems to me you're saying murder by Paul was OK. If that's true then the Pharisees murdering Jesus was OK too and Gentiles now have nothing to fear from God for committing murder.
What I am saying is that Paul was saved just like the sinners we are. Seems like you don't believe Paul had a conversion. Moses killed an Egyptian yet God used him in miraculous ways. David killed many yet God used him and his posterity as Jesus ancestry. I certainly don't know where you get your information, but it certainly isn't from scripture.

Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟102,951.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
What I am saying is that Paul was saved just like the sinners we are. Seems like you don't believe Paul had a conversion. Moses killed an Egyptian yet God used him in miraculous ways. David killed many yet God used him and his posterity as Jesus ancestry. I certainly don't know where you get your information, but it certainly isn't from scripture.
Huh? How did you come to that conclusion? The Pharisees attacked Paul, who was a Pharisee, and he was following God's law and yet the thesis of your OP was that they attacked Paul because he was breaking the law.

Upvote 0

Bob S

Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Union County, TN
✟678,042.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Huh? How did you come to that conclusion? The Pharisees attacked Paul, who was a Pharisee, and he was following God's law and yet the thesis of your OP was that they attacked Paul because he was breaking the law.
If I were you I would read up on the facts before allowing my fingers to write what you write,

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟102,951.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
If I were you I would read up on the facts before allowing my fingers to write what you write,
Here is what you said in your OP.

So where did I misunderstand you? What's the difference between teaching someone to break God's law and doing it yourself, which is what Paul did before his conversion? Is one ok and not the other? Seems to me you're the one teaching others to break God's law;

I don't understand why anyone would uphold the Pharisees, who murdered Jesus, as expounders of God's law. They were blatant breakers of God's law.

Upvote 0

Cribstyl

Veteran
Jun 13, 2006
✟100,647.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

You're correct Bob S, Paul was now teaching what Jesus put in his spirit. Romans 10 details that Paul was teaching righteousness by faith apart from the law.

Rom 10:2
For I bear them record that they have a zeal of God, but not according to knowledge.
Rom 10:3
For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God.
Rom 10:4
For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.
Rom 10:5

For Moses describeth the righteousness which is of the law, That the man which doeth those things shall live by them.
Rom 10:6
But the righteousness which is of faith speaketh on this wise, Say not in thine heart, Who shall ascend into heaven? (that is, to bring Christ down from above:)

• Agree
Reactions: Bob S
Upvote 0

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟392,199.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You're correct Bob S, Paul was now teaching what Jesus put in his spirit. Romans 10 details that Paul was teaching righteousness by faith apart from the law.

For I bear them record that they have a zeal of God, but not according to knowledge.
For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God.

For Moses describeth the righteousness which is of the law, That the man which doeth those things shall live by them.
But the righteousness which is of faith speaketh on this wise, Say not in thine heart, Who shall ascend into heaven? (that is, to bring Christ down from above:)
Keep on reading and tell us what else it says

Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟102,951.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution

Romans 10: 10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.
12 For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.
13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Amazing how you can take short passage and ignore the following verses and make it say something the following verses refute.

Upvote 0

Bob S

Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Union County, TN
✟678,042.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Romans 10: 10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.
12 For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.
13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Amazing how you can take short passage and ignore the following verses and make it say something the following verses refute.
What is really amazing that clarifies Rom 10 is Paul's message to the Ephesians in Eph 2:
8 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— 9 not by works, so that no one can boast. 10 For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.
11 Therefore, remember that formerly you who are Gentiles by birth and called “uncircumcised” by those who call themselves “the circumcision” (which is done in the body by human hands)— 12 remember that at that time you were separate from Christ, excluded from citizenship in Israel and foreigners to the covenants of the promise, without hope and without God in the world. 13 But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far away have been brought near by the blood of Christ.

14 For he himself is our peace, who has made the two groups one and has destroyed the barrier, the dividing wall of hostility, 15 by setting aside in his flesh the law with its commands and regulations. His purpose was to create in himself one new humanity out of the two, thus making peace,

Gal 3:
You foolish Galatians! Who has bewitched you? Before your very eyes Jesus Christ was clearly portrayed as crucified. 2 I would like to learn just one thing from you: Did you receive the Spirit by the works of the law, or by believing what you heard? 3 Are you so foolish? After beginning by means of the Spirit, are you now trying to finish by means of the flesh? 4 Have you experienced so much in vain—if it really was in vain? 5 So again I ask, does God give you his Spirit and work miracles among you by the works of the law, or by your believing what you heard? 6 So also Abraham “believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness.”

7 Understand, then, that those who have faith are children of Abraham. 8 Scripture foresaw that God would justify the Gentiles by faith, and announced the gospel in advance to Abraham: “All nations will be blessed through you.” 9 So those who rely on faith are blessed along with Abraham, the man of faith.

Did Abraham have the Torah? Of course not, he had faith. His salvation didn't come by works of Torah, it came only by faith. All our works are as filthy rags. God only wants us to have faith in Him. When we allow the power of the Holy Spirit to work in us the results will lead us into a righteous life full of good deeds. ‘'Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.'’ Matt25:45

Salvation comes not by what we do. It comes by what Jesus did!

• Winner
Reactions: Cribstyl
Upvote 0