USA
✟267,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Genesis 49:10 Shall not fail a ruler from Judah, and one leading from his thighs, until whenever should come the [things] reserved to Him.ABP

John 4:22 Ye worship ye know not what, we know what we worship: for salvation is of Judah.

Matthew 21:37-45 34 And when the time of the fruit drew near, He sent His servants to the husbandmen, that they might receive the fruits of it. ...[37] But last of all He sent unto them His Son, saying, They will reverence My Son.[38] But when the husbandmen saw the Son, they said among themselves, This is the heir; come, let us kill Him, and let us seize on His (κληρονομίαν) inheritance.[39] And they caught Him, and cast [him] out of the vineyard, and slew [him]. ... (Matthew 26:47, Matthew 27:33, John 19:15)
kleronomos = from kleros (portion) and the base of nomos (law); a sharer by lot, inheritor, a possessor, heir.

My Bible says this... in Genesis 49:10:

Gen 49:10
10 The sceptre shall not depart from Judah, nor a lawgiver from between his feet, until Shiloh come; and unto him shall the gathering of the people be.
KJV

The royal sceptre rule is NOT to depart from the tribe of Judah all the way up to Christ's 2nd coming in the future. Simple.

That means, there is STILL TODAY ONE OF THE HOUSE OF DAVID sitting upon that throne on earth somewhere. David's throne is an EARTHLY THRONE, not a heavenly one.

Upvote 0

Davy

Site Supporter
Nov 25, 2017
USA
✟267,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Like I said, that's the gospel to the gentiles.
But 6+ years before Paul came out of Arabia... ... ...
the Gospel of the Kingdom was given to the Lost-Sheep/circumcision in Galilee.

Matthew 4:12-20 Now when Jesus had heard that John was cast into prison, He departed into Galilee.[13] And leaving Nazareth, He came and dwelt in Capernaum, which is upon the sea coast, in the borders of Zabulon and Nephthalim,[14] that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Esaias the prophet, saying,[15] The land of Zabulon and the land of Nephthalim, [by] the way of the sea, beyond Jordan, Galilee of the nations:[16] The people which sat in darkness saw great light, and to them which sat in the region and shadow of death light is sprung up.[17] From that time Jesus began to preach, and to say, Repent: for the Kingdom of Heaven is at hand.

Matthew 15:24 But He answered and said, I am not sent but unto the Lost Sheep of the House of Israel.

Matthew 10:5-7 These Twelve Jesus sent forth and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into city of the Samaritans enter ye not: But go rather to the Lost Sheep of the House of Israel. And as ye go, preach, saying, The Kingdom of Heaven is at hand.

Matthew 28:16-20 Then the Eleven Disciples went away into Galilee, into a mountain where Jesus had appointed them. 17 And when they saw Him, they worshipped Him: but some doubted. 18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All authority is given unto Me in Heaven and in Earth. 19 Go ye therefore and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Ghost: 20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, [even] unto the end of the world. Amen.

Matthew 28:20 ...includes... Matthew 10:5-7.

NO SUCH THING AS A SEPARATE 'KINGDOM GOSPEL' in God's Word. That is men's leaven doctrine.

There is THE Gospel of Jesus Christ, which includes... His coming Kingdom, and that is for ALL... believers on Him and The Father. Simple as that.

And like Jesus told the unbelieving Jews, THEY WILL BE CAST OUT while believing Gentiles will enter into His Kingdom and sit down to table with Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob:

Matt 8:11-12
11 And I say unto you, That many shall come from the east and west, and shall sit down with Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, in the kingdom of heaven.

12 But the children of the kingdom shall be cast out into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

KJV

Why would Jesus say that about the unbelieving Jews? Because of their 'unbelief', if they remain in unbelief, just as Apostle Paul also taught.

Upvote 0

Ligurian

Cro-Magnon
Apr 21, 2021
America
✟22,244.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
I don't confuse ideas like the Gospel of the Kingdom like dispensationalists like to do, because Apostle Paul also preached the 'kingdom' to Gentiles too (Acts 20:24-25; Acts 28:30-31; Romans 14:17; 1 Corinthians 4:20; Colossians 1:13; Colossians 4:11; 1 Thessalonians 2:12; 2 Thessalonians 1:5; 2 Timothy 4:1).

Those above are only a few... of the New Testament examples. Those above are all by Apostle Paul preaching the kingdom to Gentile believers.

Not being a dispensationalist myself... (shrug)

THIS is what's meant by Paul's "kingdom":

2 Timothy 4:1 I charge [thee] therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom;

Paul did not preach a separate kingdom than what the other Apostles preached. You cannot try to separate Christ's Kingdom like that, which doing so actually does... mean you'd be following man's dispensationalist theories.

Not really... it would mean that I have read what Jesus taught His Galilean Disciples.

Because Jesus taught the Gospel of "the Kingdom is at hand" ...6+ years before Paul came out of Arabia.

And seriously ...I can't make 2 Timothy 4:1... match the Revelation.
So Galatians 2:7-9 makes me a follower of the Gospel that Jesus taught Peter and friends.

Upvote 0

Ligurian

Cro-Magnon
Apr 21, 2021
America
✟22,244.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
My Bible says this... in Genesis 49:10:

Gen 49:10
10 The sceptre shall not depart from Judah, nor a lawgiver from between his feet, until Shiloh come; and unto him shall the gathering of the people be.
KJV

The royal sceptre rule is NOT to depart from the tribe of Judah all the way up to Christ's 2nd coming in the future. Simple.

That means, there is STILL TODAY ONE OF THE HOUSE OF DAVID sitting upon that throne on earth somewhere. David's throne is an EARTHLY THRONE, not a heavenly one.

John 18:36 Jesus answered, My Kingdom is not of this world: if My Kingdom were of this world, then would My servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is My Kingdom not from hence.

Matthew 28:18-19 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All Authority is given unto Me in Heaven and in Earth. Go ye therefore, and teach All Nations...

Revelation 22:16 I Jesus have sent Mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, the bright and morning star.

Jeremias 23:5-8 Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will raise up to David a righteous branch, and a King shall reign and understand and shall execute judgment and righteousness on the Earth.[6] In His days both Juda shall be saved and Israel shall dwell securely. And this is His name which the Lord shall call Him, Josedec among the prophets.[7] Therefore, behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when they shall no more say, The Lord lives who brought up the house of Israel out of the land of Egypt;[8] but The Lord lives who has gathered the whole seed of Israel from the north land, and from all the countries whither he had driven them out, and has restored them into their own land.LXX

Upvote 0

Ligurian

Cro-Magnon
Apr 21, 2021
America
✟22,244.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
NO SUCH THING AS A SEPARATE 'KINGDOM GOSPEL' in God's Word.

The Gospel of the Kingdom of Heaven

Matthew 4:17 From that time Jesus began to preach, and to say, Repent: for the Kingdom of Heaven is at hand.
Kingdom = (βασιλεία) basileia = from basileus (king); properly, royalty, i.e. (abstractly) rule, or (concretely) a realm (literally or figuratively):--kingdom, + reign.

Matthew 4:23 And Jesus went about all Galilee, teaching in their synagogues, and preaching the Gospel of the Kingdom, and healing all manner of sickness and all manner of disease among the people.

Matthew 10:5-8 These Twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into city of the Samaritans enter ye not:[6] But go rather to the Lost Sheep of the House of Israel.[7] And as ye go, preach, saying, The Kingdom of Heaven is at hand.[8] Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give.

Matthew 11:5 The blind receive their sight, and the lame walk, the lepers are cleansed, and the deaf hear, the dead are raised up, and the poor have the Gospel preached to them.

Matthew 13:10-11 And the Disciples came, and said unto Him, Why speakest thou unto them in parables?[11] He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the Kingdom of Heaven, but to them it is not given.

Matthew 13:52 Then said he unto them, Therefore every scribe which is instructed unto the Kingdom of Heaven is like unto a man that is an householder, which bringeth forth out of his treasure things new and old.

Matthew 20:1 For the Kingdom of Heaven is like unto a man that is an householder, which went out early in the morning to hire labourers into his vineyard.

Matthew 21:43 Therefore say I unto you, The Kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof. (Audience: Judah in Jerusalem)
(Hosea 1:6-10... the divided kingdom = the house of Judah ... the house of Israel)
Matthew 15:24 But He answered and said, I am not sent but unto the Lost Sheep of the house of Israel.

Matthew 22:2 The Kingdom of Heaven is like unto a certain king, which made a marriage for His Son,

Matthew 24:14 And this Gospel of the Kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations, and then shall the end come.
(κηρυχθῇ τὸ εὐαγγέλιον τοῦτο ἐν ὅλῳ τῷ κόσμῳ)
Matthew 26:13 Verily I say unto you, Wheresoever this Gospel shall be preached in all the world, there shall also this that this woman hath done, be told for a memorial of her.

From the time John went to prison, until Jesus went to prison...
Jesus' teaches this Gospel of the Kingdom of Heaven to His Galilean Disciples.

And teaches the same thing when He comes back.

Matthew 28:16-20 Then The Eleven Disciples went away into Galilee, into a mountain where Jesus had appointed them.[17] And when they saw Him, they worshipped Him, but some doubted.[18] And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All authority is given unto Me in Heaven and in Earth.[19] Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit.[20] teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

"all things whatsoever I have commanded you" ...INCLUDES... Matthew 10:5-7

Matthew 10:5-8 These Twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into city of the Samaritans enter ye not:[6] But go rather to the Lost Sheep of the House of Israel.[7] And as ye go, preach, saying, The Kingdom of Heaven is at hand.

Revelation 1:9 I John, who also am your brother and companion in tribulation and in the Kingdom and patience of Jesus Christ, was in the isle that is called Patmos for the (λόγον) word of God and for the (μαρτυρίαν) testimony of Jesus Christ.
(the word of God, John 12:48-50, Revelation 12:17)

Revelation 12:10 And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation and strength, and the Kingdom of our God and the power of His Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.

And like Jesus told the unbelieving Jews, THEY WILL BE CAST OUT while believing Gentiles will enter into His Kingdom and sit down to table with Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob:

Matt 8:11-12
11 And I say unto you, That many shall come from the east and west, and shall sit down with Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, in the kingdom of heaven.

12 But the children of the kingdom shall be cast out into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

KJV
Matthew 8:11 matches Isaiah 43:5

Isaiah 43:1-8 And now thus saith the Lord God that made thee, O Jacob, and formed thee, O Israel, Fear not, for I have redeemed thee: I have called thee by thy name: thou art Mine.[2] And if thou pass through water I am with thee, and the rivers shall not overflow thee; and if thou go through fire thou shalt not be burned, the flame shall not burn thee.[3] For I am the Lord thy God, the Holy One of Israel, that saves thee. I have made Egypt and Ethiopia thy ransom and given Soene for thee:[4] since thou becamest precious in My sight, thou hast become glorious and I have loved thee, and I will give men for thee and princes for thy life.[5] Fear not for I am with thee: I will bring thy seed from the east, and will gather thee from the west.[6] I will say to the north, Bring; and to the south, Keep not back. Bring My sons from the land afar off, and My daughters from the ends of the earth,[7] even all who are called by My name. For I have prepared him for My glory, and I have formed him, and have made him. 8 And I have brought forth the blind people, for their eyes are alike blind and they that have ears are deaf.LXX

Which fulfills the second half of this:

Isaiah 6:8-10 And I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, Whom shall I send, and who will go to this people? And I said, behold, I am here, send me. And he said, Go, and say to this people,[9] Ye shall hear indeed, but ye shall not understand; and ye shall see indeed, but ye shall not perceive.[10] For the heart of this people has become gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes have they closed; lest they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart and be converted, and I should heal them.LXX
Isaiah 6:11-13 And I said, How long, O Lord? And he said, Until cities be deserted by reason of their not being inhabited, and the houses by reason of there being no men, and the land shall be left desolate.[12] And after this God shall remove the men far off, and they that are left upon the land shall be multiplied.[13] And yet there shall be a tenth upon it, and again it shall be for a spoil, as a turpentine tree, and as an acorn when it falls out of its husk.LXX

Matthew 8:12 the (υἱοὶ) sons of the Kingdom
=
Matthew 21:37-45
[37] But last of all He sent unto them His Son, saying, They will reverence My Son.[38] But when the husbandmen saw the Son, they said among themselves, This is the heir; come, let us kill Him, and let us seize on His inheritance.[39] And they caught Him and cast [Him] out of the vineyard, and slew [Him].[40] Therefore, when the LORD of the vineyard cometh, what will He do unto those husbandmen?[41] They say unto him, He will miserably destroy those wicked men, and will let out His vineyard unto other husbandmen, which shall render Him the fruits in their seasons.[42] Jesus saith unto them, Did ye never read in the scriptures, The stone which the builders rejected, the same is become the head of the corner: this is the Lord's doing, and it is marvellous in our eyes?[43] Therefore say I unto you, The Kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof.[44] And whosoever shall fall on this stone shall be broken, but on whomsoever it shall fall, it will grind him to powder.
[45] And when the chief priests and Pharisees had heard His parables, they perceived that He spake of them.

The fruits thereof

Matthew 7:20-23 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.[21] Not every one that saith unto Me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the Kingdom of Heaven, but he that doeth the will of My Father which is in Heaven.[22] Many will say to Me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Thy name? and in Thy name have cast out devils? and in Thy name done many wonderful works?[23] And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from Me, ye that work ἀνομίαν.[24] Therefore, whosoever heareth these sayings of Mine and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man which built his house upon the rock: and the rain descended and the floods came, and the winds blew and beat upon that house: and it fell not, for it was founded upon the rock.

The will of the Father

Deuteronomy 18:15-19 The Lord thy God shall raise up to thee a prophet of thy brethren, like me; him shall ye hear: 16 according to all things which thou didst desire of the Lord thy God in Choreb in the day of the assembly, saying, We will not again hear the voice of the Lord thy God and we will not any more see this great fire, and so we shall not die. 17 And the Lord said to me, They have spoken rightly all that they have said to thee. 18 I will raise up to them a prophet of their brethren like unto thee, and I will put My words in His mouth, and He shall speak to them as I shall Command Him. 19 And whatever man shall not hearken to whatsoever words that prophet shall speak in My name, I will take vengeance on him.LXX

John 12:44-50 Jesus cried and said, He that believeth on Me, believeth not on Me, but on Him that sent Me.[45] And he that seeth Me seeth Him that sent Me.[46] I am come a light into the world, that whosoever believeth on Me should not abide in darkness.[47] And if any man hear My words and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.[48] He that rejecteth Me and receiveth not My words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.[49] For I have not spoken of Myself: but the Father which sent Me He gave Me a Commandment, what I should say and what I should speak.[50] And I know that His Commandment is Life Everlasting: whatsoever I speak therefore, even as the Father said unto Me, so I speak.KJV

John 5:43-47 I am come in My Father's name and ye receive Me not.

Upvote 0

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟125,149.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
The Gospel of the Kingdom of Heaven
All these scriptures pertain to the Kingdom of God/heaven.
There is no connection made to the topic of the Davidic
Covenant, yet you seem to be merging the two.

2 Corinthians 2:20 For all the promises of God in Him
are Yes, and in Him Amen, to the glory of God through us.
This includes the "sure mercies of David", fulfilled by
Messiah "in the flesh".

Romans 1:
3 concerning His Son Jesus Christ our Lord, who was
born of the seed of David according to the flesh,
4 and declared to be the Son of God with power
according to the Spirit of holiness, by the resurrection
from the dead.

Only the Son of God reigns in the Kingdom of heaven,
and He is King of kings, and Lord of Lords.

Hebrews 1:8 But to the Son He says:
“Your throne, O God, is forever and ever;
A scepter of righteousness is the scepter
of Your kingdom.

Messiah reigns over all creation, not David.
The Gospel of the Kingdom includes promises
made to David, but is much more, it is the
unfathomable Kingdom of Heaven.

Ezekiel 34:24 And I, the Lord, will be their God,
and My servant David a prince among them;
I, the Lord, have spoken.

Revelation 19:16 And He has on His robe and on
His thigh, a name written:
KING OF KINGS AND
LORD OF LORDS.

No apostle ever teaches the Kingdom of God/heaven
as pertaining to David. Only Messiah, Son of God and
son of man.

1 Timothy 6:
15 Which in his times he shall shew, who is the blessed
and only Sovereign, King of kings, and Lord of lords;
16 Who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light
which no man can approach unto; whom no man hath
seen, nor can see: to whom be honour and power
everlasting. Amen.

The Son of God
is the firstborn of "ALL CREATION",
this too is unfathomable.

We should be more like David in understanding this.
Psalms 131:
1 Lord, my heart is not haughty, nor mine eyes lofty:
neither do I exercise myself in great matters, or in
things too high for me.
2 Surely I have behaved and quieted myself, as a child
that is weaned from his mother: my soul is even as a
weaned child.
3 Let Israel hope in the Lord from henceforth and for ever.

Upvote 0

Ligurian

Cro-Magnon
Apr 21, 2021
America
✟22,244.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private

All these scriptures pertain to the Kingdom of God/heaven. There is no connection made to the topic of the Davidic Covenant, yet you seem to be merging the two.

This includes the "sure mercies of David", fulfilled by Messiah "in the flesh".

David knew how to repent = the sure mercies of David.

For the end, a Psalm of David, when Nathan the prophet came to him, when he had gone to Bersabee.
Psalms 51:1-17 Have mercy* upon me, O God, according to Thy great mercy and according to the multitude of Thy compassions blot out my transgression.[2] Wash me thoroughly from mine iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin.[3] For I am conscious of mine iniquity, and my sin is continually before me.[6] For, behold, Thou lovest truth. Thou hast manifested to me the secret and hidden things of Thy wisdom.[7] Thou shalt sprinkle me with hyssop* and I shall be purified, thou shalt wash me and I shall be made whiter than snow.[8] Thou shalt cause me to hear gladness and joy: the afflicted bones shall rejoice.[9] Turn away Thy face from my sins, and blot out all mine iniquities.[10] Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit in my inward parts.[11] Cast me not away from Thy presence, and remove not Thy holy Spirit from me.[12] Restore to me the joy of Thy salvation, establish me with Thy directing Spirit.[13] Then will I teach transgressors Thy ways, and ungodly men shall turn to Thee.[14] Deliver me from blood-guiltiness, O God, the God of my salvation, and my tongue shall joyfully declare Thy righteousness.[15] O Lord, Thou shalt open my lips, and my mouth shall declare Thy praise.[16] For if Thou desiredst sacrifice, I would have given it. Thou wilt not take pleasure in whole-burnt-offerings.[17] Sacrifice to God is a broken spirit, a broken and humbled heart God will not despise.LXX

* John 19:28-30 After this, Jesus knowing that all things were now (teleo) accomplished, that the scripture might be (teleioo) fulfilled, saith, I thirst. Now there was set a vessel full of vinegar: and they filled a spunge with vinegar, and put [it] upon hyssop, and put [it] to His mouth. When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, He said, It is (teleo) finished: and He bowed His head, and gave up the ghost.KJV
This scripture:
Exodus 12:21-27 And Moses called all the elders of the children of Israel, and said to them, Go away and take to yourselves a lamb according to your kindreds, and slay the passover.[22] And ye shall take a bunch of hyssop, and having dipped it into some of the blood that is by the door, ye shall touch the lintel, and shall put it upon both door-posts, even of the blood which is by the door; but ye shall not go out every one from the door of his house till the morning. ...[26] And it shall come to pass, if your sons say to you, What is this service?[27] that ye shall say to them, "This passover is a sacrifice to the Lord, as He defended the houses of the children of Israel in Egypt, when He smote the Egyptians, but delivered our houses."LXX

* Matthew 9:11-13 And when the Pharisees saw it, they said unto His disciples, Why eateth your Master with publicans and sinners?[12] But when Jesus heard that, He said unto them, They that be whole need not a physician, but they that are sick.[13] But go ye and learn what that meaneth: I will have mercy and not sacrifice, for I am not come to call the righteous but sinners to repentance.

Hosea 6:1-9 [4] What shall I do unto thee, Ephraim? What shall I do to thee, Juda? whereas your mercy is as a morning cloud, and as the early dew that goes away.[5] Therefore have I mown down your prophets, I have slain them with the word of My mouth and My judgment shall go forth as the light.[6] For I will [have] mercy rather than sacrifice, and the knowledge of God rather than whole-burnt-offerings.[7] But they are as a man transgressing a covenant:[8] there the city Galaad despised Me, working vanity, troubling water.[9] And thy strength [is that] of a robber. The priests have hid the way, they have murdered [the people of] Sicima, for they have wrought iniquity in the house of Israel. Hosea 7:9 Strangers devoured his strength, and he knew [it] not; and grey hairs came upon him, and he knew [it] not.LXX

John 10:1-16 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber. ...[5] And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of strangers. ...[13] The hireling fleeth, because he is an hireling, and careth not for the sheep.

Isaiah 28:1-18 Woe to the crown of pride, the hirelings of Ephraim, the flower that has fallen from the glory of the top of the fertile mountain, they that are drunken without wine. ...[14] Therefore hear ye the word of the Lord, ye afflicted men, and ye princes of this people that is in Jerusalem.[15] Because ye have said, We have made a covenant with Hades and agreements with Death: if the rushing storm should pass it shall not come upon us; we have made falsehood our hope and by falsehood shall we be protected.[16] Therefore thus saith the Lord, even the Lord, Behold, I lay for the foundations of Sion a costly stone, a choice, a corner-stone, a precious stone, for its foundations; and he that believes on Him shall by no means be ashamed.[17] And I will cause judgment to be for hope, and My compassion shall be for just measures, and ye that trust vainly in falsehood shall fall, for the storm shall by no means pass by you.LXX

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟125,149.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
As mentioned earlier...post#10
The sure mercies of David is a covenant of discipline
to "perfect obedience".
2 Samuel 7:
14 I will be his Father, and he shall be My son.
If he commits iniquity, I will chasten him with
the rod of men and with the blows of
the sons of men.
15 But My mercy shall not depart from him
as I took it from Saul, whom I removed from before you.
16 And your house and your kingdom shall be established
forever before you. Your throne shall be established forever.

Hebrews 12:
If you endure chastening, God deals with you as with sons;
for what son is there whom a father does not chasten?
8 But if you are without chastening, of which all have
become partakers, then you are illegitimate and not sons.
9 Furthermore, we have had human fathers who corrected,
and we paid respect. Shall we not much more readily be in subjection to the Father of spirits and live?
10 For they indeed for a few days chastened us as seemed
best to them, but He for our profit, that we may be partakers
of His holiness.
Now no chastening seems to be joyful for the present, but painful; nevertheless, afterward it yields the peaceable fruit of righteousness to those who have been trained by it.

Upvote 0

Ligurian

Cro-Magnon
Apr 21, 2021
America
✟22,244.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private

For the end, a Psalm of David, when Nathan the prophet came to him, when he had gone to Bersabee.
Psalms 51:1-17 Have mercy* upon me, O God, according to Thy great mercy and according to the multitude of Thy compassions blot out my transgression.[2] Wash me thoroughly from mine iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin.[3] For I am conscious of mine iniquity, and my sin is continually before me.[6] For, behold, Thou lovest truth. Thou hast manifested to me the secret and hidden things of Thy wisdom.[7] Thou shalt sprinkle me with hyssop* and I shall be purified, thou shalt wash me and I shall be made whiter than snow.[8] Thou shalt cause me to hear gladness and joy: the afflicted bones shall rejoice.[9] Turn away Thy face from my sins, and blot out all mine iniquities.[10] Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit in my inward parts.[11] Cast me not away from Thy presence, and remove not Thy holy Spirit from me.[12] Restore to me the joy of Thy salvation, establish me with Thy directing Spirit.[13] Then will I teach transgressors Thy ways, and ungodly men shall turn to Thee.[14] Deliver me from blood-guiltiness, O God, the God of my salvation, and my tongue shall joyfully declare Thy righteousness.[15] O Lord, Thou shalt open my lips, and my mouth shall declare Thy praise.[16] For if Thou desiredst sacrifice, I would have given it. Thou wilt not take pleasure in whole-burnt-offerings.[17] Sacrifice to God is a broken spirit, a broken and humbled heart God will not despise.LXX

* John 19:28-30 After this, Jesus knowing that all things were now (teleo) accomplished, that the scripture might be (teleioo) fulfilled, saith, I thirst. Now there was set a vessel full of vinegar: and they filled a spunge with vinegar, and put [it] upon hyssop, and put [it] to His mouth. When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, He said, It is (teleo) finished: and He bowed His head, and gave up the ghost.KJV
This scripture:
Exodus 12:21-27 And Moses called all the elders of the children of Israel, and said to them, Go away and take to yourselves a lamb according to your kindreds, and slay the passover.[22] And ye shall take a bunch of hyssop, and having dipped it into some of the blood that is by the door, ye shall touch the lintel, and shall put it upon both door-posts, even of the blood which is by the door; but ye shall not go out every one from the door of his house till the morning. ...[26] And it shall come to pass, if your sons say to you, What is this service?[27] that ye shall say to them, "This passover is a sacrifice to the Lord, as He defended the houses of the children of Israel in Egypt, when He smote the Egyptians, but delivered our houses."LXX

* Matthew 9:11-13 And when the Pharisees saw it, they said unto His disciples, Why eateth your Master with publicans and sinners?[12] But when Jesus heard that, He said unto them, They that be whole need not a physician, but they that are sick.[13] But go ye and learn what that meaneth: I will have mercy and not sacrifice, for I am not come to call the righteous but sinners to repentance.

Hosea 6:1-9 [4] What shall I do unto thee, Ephraim? What shall I do to thee, Juda? whereas your mercy is as a morning cloud, and as the early dew that goes away.[5] Therefore have I mown down your prophets, I have slain them with the word of My mouth and My judgment shall go forth as the light.[6] For I will [have] mercy rather than sacrifice, and the knowledge of God rather than whole-burnt-offerings.[7] But they are as a man transgressing a covenant:[8] there the city Galaad despised Me, working vanity, troubling water.[9] And thy strength [is that] of a robber. The priests have hid the way, they have murdered [the people of] Sicima, for they have wrought iniquity in the house of Israel. Hosea 7:9 Strangers devoured his strength, and he knew [it] not; and grey hairs came upon him, and he knew [it] not.LXX

John 10:1-16 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber. ...[5] And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of strangers. ...[13] The hireling fleeth, because he is an hireling, and careth not for the sheep.

Isaiah 28:1-18 Woe to the crown of pride, the hirelings of Ephraim, the flower that has fallen from the glory of the top of the fertile mountain, they that are drunken without wine. ...[14] Therefore hear ye the word of the Lord, ye afflicted men, and ye princes of this people that is in Jerusalem.[15] Because ye have said, We have made a covenant with Hades and agreements with Death: if the rushing storm should pass it shall not come upon us; we have made falsehood our hope and by falsehood shall we be protected.[16] Therefore thus saith the Lord, even the Lord, Behold, I lay for the foundations of Sion a costly stone, a choice, a corner-stone, a precious stone, for its foundations; and he that believes on Him shall by no means be ashamed.[17] And I will cause judgment to be for hope, and My compassion shall be for just measures, and ye that trust vainly in falsehood shall fall, for the storm shall by no means pass by you.LXX

As mentioned earlier...post#10
The sure mercies of David is a covenant of discipline
to "perfect obedience".
2 Samuel 7:
14 I will be his Father, and he shall be My son.
If he commits iniquity, I will chasten him with
the rod of men and with the blows of
the sons of men.
15 But My mercy shall not depart from him
as I took it from Saul, whom I removed from before you.
16 And your house and your kingdom shall be established
forever before you. Your throne shall be established forever.
No law = no need for mercy. Chastening and perfect obedience = contradiction.

Psalms 89:20-36 I have found David My servant, I have anointed Him by My holy mercy: 21 for My hand shall support Him, and Mine arm shall strengthen Him. 22 The enemy shall have no advantage against Him, and the son of transgression shall not hurt Him again; 23 and I will hew down His foes before Him, and put to flight those that hate Him; 24 but My truth and My mercy shall be with Him, and in My name shall His horn be exalted. 25 And I will set His hand in the sea, and His right hand in the rivers; 26 He shall call upon Me, saying, Thou art My Father, My God, and the helper of My salvation. 27 And I will make Him, My first-born, higher than the kings of the Earth. 28 I will keep My mercy for Him for ever, and My Covenant shall be firm with Him. 29 And I will establish His seed for ever and ever, and His throne as the days of Heaven. 30 If His children should forsake My Law and walk not in My judgments, 31 if they should profane My Ordinances and not keep My Commandments, 32 I will visit their transgressions with a rod and their sins with scourges. 33 But My mercy I will not utterly remove from Him, nor wrong My truth. 34 Neither will I by any means profane My Covenant; and I will not make void the things that proceed out of My lips. 35 Once have I sworn by My holiness, that I will not lie to David. 36 His seed shall endure for ever, and His throne as the sun before Me; 37 and as the moon that is established for ever, and as the faithful witness in Heaven.LXX

Psalms 89:26 He shall call upon Me, saying, Thou art My Father...LXX

"When did David call God his Father? It is striking that we do not find anywhere in the Old Testament that the patriarchs or prophets called God their Father. You do not find them addressing Him as Father: they did not know him as such. ...--Capel Molyneux, 1855.
Psalm 89:26 Commentary - The Treasury of David

Matthew 11:27 All things are delivered unto Me of My Father: and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal Him.
John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love Me he will keep My words, and My Father will love him, and We will come unto him and make Our abode with him.

Psalms 89:27 And I will make Him My first-born, higher than the kings of the Earth.LXX

Who's the Father's first-born?

Psalms 110:1-3 The LORD said to my Lord, Sit Thou on My right hand, until I make Thine enemies Thy footstool.[2] The Lord shall send out a rod of power for Thee out of Sion: rule Thou in the midst of Thine enemies.[3] With Thee is dominion in the day of Thy power, in the splendours of Thy saints: I have begotten Thee from the womb before the morning.LXX

John 1:18 No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, He hath declared Him.
Matthew 3:17 And lo a voice from Heaven, saying, This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

Revelation 22:16 I Jesus have sent Mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, [and] the bright and morning star.

This is the Gospel of the Kingdom.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟125,149.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Hebrews 5:
Though he were a Son, yet learned he obedience
by the things which he suffered;
9 And being made perfect, he became the author
of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him.

2 Corinthians 10:
casting down arguments and every high thing
that exalts itself against the knowledge of God,
bringing every thought into captivity to
the obedience of Christ,
6 and being ready to punish all disobedience
when your obedience is fulfilled.

Where is the contradiction in saying that

the Lord's discipline, or chastening described
in Hebrews 12 is to perfect obedience? Or are

you saying that is not an element of "the sure
mercies of David?"

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟125,149.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
The New Covenant is the Davidic Covenant
The new covenant fulfills the Davidic Covenant,
and every other covenant, promise, oath made
by God. For example,

Romans 9:
But it is not that the word of God has taken no effect.
For they are not all Israel who are of Israel,
7 nor are they all children because they are
the seed of Abraham; but,
“In Isaac your seed shall be called.”
That is, those who are the children of the flesh,
these are not the children of God; but the children
of the promise are counted as the seed.
9 For this is the word of promise: “At this time I will
come and Sarah shall have a son.”

Genesis 17:19 Then God said: “No, Sarah your wife
shall bear you a son, and you shall call his name Isaac;
I will establish My covenant with him for an ever-
lasting covenant, and with his descendants after him.

Once again,
2 Corinthians 1:20 For all the promises of God in Him
are Yes, and in Him Amen, to the glory of God through us.

The sure mercies of David are a key element for the
gentiles, by which they are grafted in.

Isaiah 55:3 Incline your ear, and come unto me: hear,
and your soul shall live; and I will make an everlasting
covenant with you, even the sure mercies of David.

David, of Bethlehem Ephrathah is a direct descendant
of Caleb, a Kennizite, who received an inheritance among
Israel by a personal promise. David's house has always
been a Jew/gentile house. (Ruth?) See it.

Romans 1:
concerning His Son Jesus Christ our Lord, who was born
of the seed of David according to the flesh,
Thus fulfilling His promise to David.
4 and declared to be the Son of God with power
according to the Spirit of holiness, by the resurrection
from the dead.
To fulfill every promise, by the blood of the Son.
5 Through Him we have received grace and apostleship for obedience to the faith among all nations for His name,
6 among whom you also are the called of Jesus Christ;

Abraham said, “My son, God will provide for Himself the lamb"
John 1:36 And looking at Jesus as He walked, he said,
“Behold the Lamb of God!”

Upvote 0

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟125,149.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
David knew how to repent
Repentance is not the same as accepting the discipline.
He also held to a hope of bringing God to repentance
through supplications.

2 Samuel 12:
And the Lord struck the child that Uriah’s wife
bore to David, and it became ill.
16 David therefore pleaded with God for the child,
and David fasted and went in and lay all night
on the ground.
17 So the elders of his house arose and went to him,
to raise him up from the ground.
But he would not, nor did he eat food with them.
18 Then on the seventh day it came to pass that
the child died. And the servants of David were afraid
to tell him that the child was dead. For they said,
Indeed, while the child was alive, we spoke to him,
and he would not heed our voice. How can we tell him
that the child is dead? He may do some harm!
19 When David saw that his servants were whispering,
David perceived that the child was dead. Therefore
David said to his servants, Is the child dead?
And they said, He is dead.
20 So David arose from the ground, washed and
anointed himself, and changed his clothes; and he
went into the house of the Lord and worshiped.
Then he went to his own house; and when he requested,
they set food before him, and he ate.
21 Then his servants said to him, What is this that you
have done? You fasted and wept for the child while alive,
but when the child died, you arose and ate food.
22 And he said, While the child was alive, I fasted
and wept; for I said, Who can tell whether the Lord
will be gracious to me, that the child may live?
23 But now he is dead; why should I fast? Can I bring
him back again? I shall go to him, but he shall not
return to me.

Hebrews 12:11 Now no chastening seems to be joyful
for the present, but painful; nevertheless, afterward it
yields the peaceable fruit of righteousness to those
who have been trained by it.

Upvote 0

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟125,149.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
The New Covenant is the Davidic Covenant
The Davidic Covenant is not a blood covenant.
The covenant at Sinai was a blood covenant.

Exodus 24:8 And Moses took the blood, sprinkled
on the people, and said, “This is the blood of the
covenant which the Lord has made with you
according to all these words.

The New Covenant is a blood covenant.
The everlasting covenant that fulfulls all.

Mark 14:24 And he said unto them, This is my blood
of the new covenant, which is shed for many.

1 Corinthians 11:25 In the same manner He also
took the cup after supper, saying, This cup is the
new covenant in My blood. Do this,, as often as
you drink, in remembrance of Me.

Hebrews 12:
And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant,
and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better
things than that of Abel.

Hebrews 13:
Now the God of peace, that brought again from the
dead our Lord Jesus, that great shepherd of the sheep,
through the blood of the everlasting covenant,
21 Make you perfect in every good work
to do his will,
working in you that which is well pleasing
in his sight, through Jesus Christ; to whom be glory for
ever and ever. Amen.

1 Peter 1:2 Elect according to the foreknowledge of God
the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto
obedience and sprinkling of the blood
of Jesus Christ:

Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.

Upvote 0

Ligurian

Cro-Magnon
Apr 21, 2021
America
✟22,244.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
Psalms 89:30-37 If His children should forsake My Law and walk not in My judgments,[31] if they should profane My Ordinances and not keep My Commandments,[32] I will visit their transgressions with a rod and their sins with scourges,[33] but My mercy I will not utterly remove from Him, nor wrong My truth.[34] Neither will I by any means profane My Covenant, and I will not make void the things that proceed out of My lips.[35] Once have I sworn by My holiness that I will not lie to David,[36] His seed shall endure for ever and His throne as the sun before Me,[37] and as the moon that is established for ever, and as the faithful witness in Heaven.LXX

Where is the contradiction in saying that
the Lord's discipline, or chastening described
in Hebrews 12 is to perfect obedience? Or are

you saying that is not an element of "the sure
mercies of David?"
I think perfect obedience belongs to Jesus and that He came down from Heaven already thus endowed. Man is not capable of perfect obedience; if he were, there would never be the words repent or forgive within the Kingdom Laws.

James 1:13-15 Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:[14] But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.[15] Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.

Revelation 2:20-23 Notwithstanding I have a few things against thee, because thou sufferest that woman Jezebel which calleth herself a prophetess, to teach and to seduce My servants to commit fornication, and to eat things sacrificed unto idols.[21] And I gave her space to repent of her fornication, and she repented not.[22] Behold, I will cast her into a bed and them that commit adultery with her into great tribulation, except they repent of their deeds.[23] And I will kill her children with Death,* and all the churches shall know that I am He which searcheth the reins and hearts, and I will give unto every one of you according to your works.

Revelation 3:16-20 So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of My mouth.[17] Because thou sayest, I am rich and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:[18] I counsel thee to buy of Me gold tried in the fire that thou mayest be rich, and white raiment that thou mayest be clothed and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear, and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve that thou mayest see.[19] As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore and repent.[20] Behold, I stand at the door and knock: if any man hear My voice and open the door, I will come in to him and will sup with him and he with Me.

Revelation 9:20-21 And the rest of the men which were not killed by these plagues yet repented not of the works of their hands, that they should not worship devils, and idols of gold and silver and brass and stone and of wood: which neither can see, nor hear, nor walk.[21] Neither repented they of their murders, nor of their sorceries, nor of their fornication, nor of their thefts.

* Revelation 6:7-8 And when he had opened the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth beast say, Come and see.[8] And I looked, and behold a (chloros) pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the Earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the Earth.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟125,149.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
I think perfect obedience belongs to Jesus and that He came down from Heaven already thus endowed. Man is not capable of perfect obedience; if he were, there would never be the words repent or forgive within the Kingdom Laws.
As the Son of God, sure. And yet He took
on flesh as the son of man. Why?
You choose to ignore what you clearly do not
understand, even though I quoted the scriptures.

Hebrews 5:
Though he were a Son, yet learned he obedience
by the things which he suffered;
9 And being made perfect, he became the author
of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him.

So who was made perfect? The Son of God?
No, the seed of Abraham, who is Christ.

Galatians 3:
Brethren, I speak in the manner of men:
Though only a man’s covenant, yet confirmed,
no one annuls or adds to it.
16 Now to Abraham and his Seed were the promises
made. He does not say, “And to seeds,” as of many,
but as of one, “And to your Seed,” who is Christ.

Hebrews 2:16
For verily he took not on him the nature
of angels; but He took on him the seed of Abraham.

Hebrews 12:
But you have come to Mount Zion and to the city
of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, to an
innumerable company of angels,
23 to the general assembly and church of the firstborn
registered in heaven, to God the Judge of all, and to
the spirits of just men made perfect.

The elect have a perfected spirit, in Christ. Thus,
a man, when filled with the Spirit, can speak God's
words perfectly, and act in accordance with His Will.
Otherwise, these are man's words...

Luke 1:67-79 Now his father Zacharias was filled with
the Holy Spirit, and prophesied, saying: TRUTH

Ephesians 2:
Even when we were dead in sins, has quickened
us together with Christ
, by grace ye are saved;
6 And has raised us up together, and made us sit
together in heavenly places in Christ
Jesus:

When someone gets "in the flesh" due to provocation,
pride, etc...He cannot serve God.

Romans 8:
For what the law could not do in that it was weak
through the flesh, God did by sending His own Son
in the likeness of sinful flesh, on account of sin:
He condemned sin in the flesh,
4 that the righteous requirement of the law might be
fulfilled in us who do not walk according to the flesh
but according to the Spirit.
For those who live according to the flesh set their
minds on the things of the flesh, but those
according to the Spirit, the things of the Spirit.
6 For to be carnally minded is death, but to be
spiritually minded, life and peace.
7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God;
for it is not subject to the law of God,
nor indeed can be.
8 So then, those who are in the flesh cannot please God.

Hence, the key word of the message of the apostle John:
ABIDE, where perfect obedience can be found!
Otherwise, "all men are liars."

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ligurian

Cro-Magnon
Apr 21, 2021
America
✟22,244.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
The new covenant fulfills the Davidic Covenant,
and every other covenant, promise, oath made
by God. For example,

Genesis 17:19 Then God said: “No, Sarah your wife
shall bear you a son, and you shall call his name Isaac;
I will establish My covenant with him for an ever-
lasting covenant, and with his descendants after him.

The sure mercies of David are a key element for the
gentiles, by which they are grafted in.

Isaiah 55:3 Incline your ear, and come unto me: hear,
and your soul shall live; and I will make an everlasting
covenant with you, even the sure mercies of David.

David, of Bethlehem Ephrathah is a direct descendant
of Caleb, a Kennizite, who received an inheritance among
Israel by a personal promise. David's house has always
been a Jew/gentile house. (Ruth?) See it.

Genesis 17:9-19 And God said to Abraam, Thou also shalt fully keep My Covenant, thou and thy seed after thee for their generations.[10] And this is the Covenant which thou shalt fully keep between Me and you, and between thy seed after thee for their generations; every male of you shall be circumcised.[11] And ye shall be circumcised in the flesh of your foreskin, and it shall be for a sign of a Covenant between Me and you.[12] And the child of eight days old shall be circumcised by you, every male throughout your generations, and the servant born in the house and he that is bought with money, of every son of a stranger, who is not of thy seed.[13] He that is born in thy house, and he that is bought with money shall be surely circumcised, and My Covenant shall be on your flesh for an Everlasting Covenant.[14] And the uncircumcised male, who shall not be circumcised in the flesh of his foreskin on the eighth day, that soul shall be utterly destroyed from its family, for he has broken My Covenant. ...19 And God said to Abraam, Yea, behold, Sarrha thy wife shall bear thee a son, and thou shalt call his name Isaac; and I will establish My Covenant with him, for an Everlasting Covenant, to be a God to him and to his seed after him.LXX

Isaiah 54:1 Rejoice, thou barren that bearest not; break forth and cry, thou that dost not travail: for more are the children of the desolate than of her that has a husband. For the Lord has said,[2] Enlarge the place of thy tent, and of thy curtains: fix the pins, spare not, lengthen thy cords, and strengthen thy pins;[3] spread forth thy tent yet to the right and the left, for thy seed shall inherit the nations and thou shalt make the desolate cities to be inhabited.[4] Fear not, because thou has been put to shame, neither be confounded, because thou was reproached, for thou shalt forget thy former shame and shalt no more at all remember the reproach of thy widowhood.[5] For it is the Lord that made thee, the Lord of hosts is His name and He that delivered thee, He is the God of Israel and shall be called so by the whole earth.[6] The Lord has not called thee as a deserted and faint-hearted woman, nor as a woman hated from her youth, saith thy God.
Isaiah 55:3-4 Give heed with your ears and follow My ways, hearken to Me and your soul shall live in prosperity, and I will make with you an Everlasting Covenant: the sure mercies of David.[4] Behold I have made Him a Testimony among the nations, a prince and commander to the nations.

Are we supposed to think these are the only Ephraimites
who escaped the draught and went to Moab?

Ruth 1:1-5 And it came to pass when the judges ruled, that there was a famine in the land: and a man went from Bethleem Juda to sojourn in the land of Moab, he, and his wife, and his two sons.[2] And the man’s name was Elimelech, and his wife’s name Noemin, and the names of his two sons Maalon and Chelaion, Ephrathites of Bethleem of Juda: and they came to the land of Moab, and remained there.[3] And Elimelech the husband of Noemin died; and she was left, and her two sons.[4] And they took to themselves (Μωαβίτιδας) Moabite (γυναίκας) wives; the name of the one was (Ορφα) Orpha, and the name of the second (Ρουθ) Ruth; and they dwelt there about ten years.[5] And both Maalon and Chelaion died also; and the woman was left of her husband and her two sons.
'Ephrathiy = patrial form ''Ephraath':--Ephraimite, Ephrathite.

Psalms 132:1-18 Lord, remember David, and all his meekness: 2 how he sware to the Lord, and vowed to the God of Jacob, saying, 3 I will not go into the tabernacle of my house; I will not go up to the couch of my bed; 4 I will not give sleep to mine eyes, nor slumber to mine eyelids, nor rest to my temples, 5 until I find a place for the Lord, a tabernacle for the God of Jacob. 6 Behold, we heard of it in Ephratha; we found it in the fields of the wood. 7 Let us enter into his tabernacles: let us worship at the place where his feet stood. 8 Arise, O Lord, into Thy rest; Thou, and the ark of thine holiness. 9 Thy priests shall clothe themselves with righteousness; and Thy saints shall exult. 10 For the sake of Thy servant David turn not away the face of Thine anointed. 11 The Lord sware in truth to David, and He will not annul it, saying, Of the fruit of thy body will I set a king upon thy throne. 12 If thy children will keep My Covenant, and these My testimonies which I shall teach them, their children also shall sit upon thy throne for ever. 13 For the Lord has elected Sion, He has chosen her for a habitation for Himself, saying, 14 This is My rest for ever: here will I dwell; for I have chosen it. 15 I will surely bless her provision: I will satisfy her poor with bread. 16 I will clothe her priests with salvation; and her saints shall greatly exult. 17 There will I cause to spring up a horn to David: I have prepared a lamp for Mine anointed. 18 His enemies will I clothe with a shame; but upon Himself shall My holiness flourish.LXX

Micah 5:2 And you, Beth-lehem, of the house of Ephratah, are very few being among thousands of Judah; from out of you to Me shall come forth the one being for ruler of Israel; and His goings forth [were] from [the] beginning, from eon of days.ABP

Upvote 0

Ligurian

Cro-Magnon
Apr 21, 2021
America
✟22,244.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private

James 1:13-15 Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:[14] But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.[15] Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.

Revelation 2:20-23 Notwithstanding I have a few things against thee, because thou sufferest that woman Jezebel which calleth herself a prophetess, to teach and to seduce My servants to commit fornication, and to eat things sacrificed unto idols.[21] And I gave her space to repent of her fornication, and she repented not.[22] Behold, I will cast her into a bed and them that commit adultery with her into great tribulation, except they repent of their deeds.[23] And I will kill her children with Death,* and all the churches shall know that I am He which searcheth the reins and hearts, and I will give unto every one of you according to your works.

Revelation 3:16-20 So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of My mouth.[17] Because thou sayest, I am rich and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:[18] I counsel thee to buy of Me gold tried in the fire that thou mayest be rich, and white raiment that thou mayest be clothed and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear, and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve that thou mayest see.[19] As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore and repent.[20] Behold, I stand at the door and knock: if any man hear My voice and open the door, I will come in to him and will sup with him and he with Me.

Revelation 9:20-21 And the rest of the men which were not killed by these plagues yet repented not of the works of their hands, that they should not worship devils, and idols of gold and silver and brass and stone and of wood: which neither can see, nor hear, nor walk.[21] Neither repented they of their murders, nor of their sorceries, nor of their fornication, nor of their thefts.

* Revelation 6:7-8 And when he had opened the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth beast say, Come and see.[8] And I looked, and behold a (chloros) pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the Earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the Earth.

As the Son of God, sure. And yet He took
on flesh as the son of man. Why?
You choose to ignore what you clearly do not
understand, even though I quoted the scriptures.
No... I choose not to read other people's mail and respond as though it were written to me by the-boss-of-me.

If Jesus hadn't taken on the flesh of man, He couldn't have been scourged or Resurrected. And He certainly wouldn't have fulfilled all the prophecies thereof. Nor would He have been the Prophet like unto Moses, and given the Law apart from the fires of Sinai. (Deuteronomy 18:18-19 = John 12:44-50... Matthew 5:19-20--Matthew 7:28-29, Matthew 28:18-20)

• Winner
Reactions: Mr. M
Upvote 0

Ligurian

Cro-Magnon
Apr 21, 2021
America
✟22,244.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
Genesis 17:9-19 And God said to Abraam, Thou also shalt fully keep My Covenant, thou and thy seed after thee for their generations.[10] And this is the Covenant which thou shalt fully keep between Me and you, and between thy seed after thee for their generations; every male of you shall be circumcised.[11] And ye shall be circumcised in the flesh of your foreskin, and it shall be for a sign of a Covenant between Me and you.[12] And the child of eight days old shall be circumcised by you, every male throughout your generations, and the servant born in the house and he that is bought with money, of every son of a stranger, who is not of thy seed.[13] He that is born in thy house, and he that is bought with money shall be surely circumcised, and My Covenant shall be on your flesh for an Everlasting Covenant.[14] And the uncircumcised male, who shall not be circumcised in the flesh of his foreskin on the eighth day, that soul shall be utterly destroyed from its family, for he has broken My Covenant. ...19 And God said to Abraam, Yea, behold, Sarrha thy wife shall bear thee a son, and thou shalt call his name Isaac; and I will establish My Covenant with him, for an Everlasting Covenant, to be a God to him and to his seed after him.LXX

Isaiah 54:1 Rejoice, thou barren that bearest not; break forth and cry, thou that dost not travail: for more are the children of the desolate than of her that has a husband. For the Lord has said,[2] Enlarge the place of thy tent, and of thy curtains: fix the pins, spare not, lengthen thy cords, and strengthen thy pins;[3] spread forth thy tent yet to the right and the left, for thy seed shall inherit the nations and thou shalt make the desolate cities to be inhabited.[4] Fear not, because thou has been put to shame, neither be confounded, because thou was reproached, for thou shalt forget thy former shame and shalt no more at all remember the reproach of thy widowhood.[5] For it is the Lord that made thee, the Lord of hosts is His name and He that delivered thee, He is the God of Israel and shall be called so by the whole earth.[6] The Lord has not called thee as a deserted and faint-hearted woman, nor as a woman hated from her youth, saith thy God.
Isaiah 55:3-4 Give heed with your ears and follow My ways, hearken to Me and your soul shall live in prosperity, and I will make with you an Everlasting Covenant: the sure mercies of David.[4] Behold I have made Him a Testimony among the nations, a prince and commander to the nations.

Are we supposed to think these are the only Ephraimites

Ruth 1:1-5 And it came to pass when the judges ruled, that there was a famine in the land: and a man went from Bethleem Juda to sojourn in the land of Moab, he, and his wife, and his two sons.[2] And the man’s name was Elimelech, and his wife’s name Noemin, and the names of his two sons Maalon and Chelaion, Ephrathites of Bethleem of Juda: and they came to the land of Moab, and remained there.[3] And Elimelech the husband of Noemin died; and she was left, and her two sons.[4] And they took to themselves (Μωαβίτιδας) Moabite (γυναίκας) wives; the name of the one was (Ορφα) Orpha, and the name of the second (Ρουθ) Ruth; and they dwelt there about ten years.[5] And both Maalon and Chelaion died also; and the woman was left of her husband and her two sons.

Psalms 132:1-18 Lord, remember David, and all his meekness: 2 how he sware to the Lord, and vowed to the God of Jacob, saying, 3 I will not go into the tabernacle of my house; I will not go up to the couch of my bed; 4 I will not give sleep to mine eyes, nor slumber to mine eyelids, nor rest to my temples, 5 until I find a place for the Lord, a tabernacle for the God of Jacob. 6 Behold, we heard of it in Ephratha; we found it in the fields of the wood. 7 Let us enter into his tabernacles: let us worship at the place where his feet stood. 8 Arise, O Lord, into Thy rest; Thou, and the ark of thine holiness. 9 Thy priests shall clothe themselves with righteousness; and Thy saints shall exult. 10 For the sake of Thy servant David turn not away the face of Thine anointed. 11 The Lord sware in truth to David, and He will not annul it, saying, Of the fruit of thy body will I set a king upon thy throne. 12 If thy children will keep My Covenant, and these My testimonies which I shall teach them, their children also shall sit upon thy throne for ever. 13 For the Lord has elected Sion, He has chosen her for a habitation for Himself, saying, 14 This is My rest for ever: here will I dwell; for I have chosen it. 15 I will surely bless her provision: I will satisfy her poor with bread. 16 I will clothe her priests with salvation; and her saints shall greatly exult. 17 There will I cause to spring up a horn to David: I have prepared a lamp for Mine anointed. 18 His enemies will I clothe with a shame; but upon Himself shall My holiness flourish.LXX

Micah 5:2 And you, Beth-lehem, of the house of Ephratah, are very few being among thousands of Judah; from out of you to Me shall come forth the one being for ruler of Israel; and His goings forth [were] from [the] beginning, from eon of days.ABP

You can think what you want. I never stated anything
to that effect. Over and OUT.

Exactly.

Are we supposed to think those are the only Ephraimites

They were there 10 years. More than enough time for any one of the multitudes of Ephraimites (or any other tribe) to marry others... who had also become Moabites, because of the draught.

Psalms 132:1-18 Lord, remember David, and all his meekness:[2] how he sware to the Lord, and vowed to the God of Jacob, saying,[3] I will not go into the tabernacle of my house; I will not go up to the couch of my bed;[4] I will not give sleep to mine eyes, nor slumber to mine eyelids, nor rest to my temples,[5] until I find a place for the Lord, a tabernacle for the God of Jacob.
[6] Behold, we heard of it in Ephratha; we found it in the fields of the wood.[7] Let us enter into his tabernacles: let us worship at the place where his feet stood.[8] Arise, O Lord, into Thy rest; Thou, and the ark of thine holiness.[9] Thy priests shall clothe themselves with righteousness; and Thy saints shall exult.[10] For the sake of Thy servant David turn not away the face of Thine anointed.[11] The Lord sware in truth to David, and He will not annul it, saying, Of the fruit of thy body will I set a king upon thy throne.
[12] If thy children will keep My Covenant, and these My Testimonies which I shall teach them, their children also shall sit upon thy throne for ever.[13] For the Lord has elected Sion, He has chosen her for a habitation for Himself, saying,[14] This is My rest for ever: here will I dwell, for I have chosen it.[15] I will surely bless her provision: I will satisfy her poor with bread.[16] I will clothe her priests with salvation, and her saints shall greatly exult.[17] There will I cause to spring up a horn to David, I have prepared a lamp for Mine anointed.[18] His enemies will I clothe with a shame, but upon Himself shall My holiness flourish.LXX

John 11:40-54 Jesus therefore walked no more openly among the Jews; but went thence unto a country near to the wilderness, into a city called Ephraim, and there continued with His Disciples.

• Agree
Reactions: Mr. M
Upvote 0

Davy

Site Supporter
Nov 25, 2017
USA
✟267,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Not really... it would mean that I have read what Jesus taught His Galilean Disciples.

Because Jesus taught the Gospel of "the Kingdom is at hand" ...6+ years before Paul came out of Arabia.

And seriously ...I can't make 2 Timothy 4:1... match the Revelation.
So Galatians 2:7-9 makes me a follower of the Gospel that Jesus taught Peter and friends.

You fail to address all those Scripture quotes I gave about Paul preaching the 'kingdom' also to Gentiles. That immediately scraps all arguments that Paul was teaching a different Gospel than what Lord Jesus and His Apostles preached.

Upvote 0