• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

The Cyclothymia Collective

Status
Not open for further replies.

B4andNOW

May 13, 2004
✟144.00
Faith
Christian
I came across this site as I was searching the net for answers to what was causing my husbands ups and downs. After reading this and then printing it out for him to read he then realized this was indeed him. This is just below Bipolar 11. He had gone into the doctor per my request a few months back and was put on welbutrin xl. He and I both agreed that after taking this pill for a few months was NOT the answer. Within 3 days of reading this article which I will add at the bottom we made an appointment for the doctor again. She put him on Zyprexa 2.5 for a week and as of the coming Tuesday will go back in to the doctors to have the RX filled and or changed. Although hes been on this for 4 days and already feels a difference in his head being explained to me as now he doesn't have a million thing racing through his head at the same time. I thank God for this as this has been an ongoing struggle as a family with the different moods throught any given day.
My question to you would be coming from the person who ALWAYS had to be careful on what I said or did so that I did not create the up and down or as in my case make them worse if ever that was a choice. How do I make the change of always assuming the worst and continue to walk on egg shells to now realizing that I don't have to be on the defence with him. In the past if he said the sky was blue I would agree just to keep the pease. On the days that he would make me feel that I could say my mind and not agree with him on the sky being blue cuz in my mind I seen a sky full of clouds which then I would say no, the sky is white. That would send him into a tizzy if it was during one of those high/low phase and yet on another day we can be fine. I guess my point if I even can get there is the fact what was ok to say on one day was not ok to say the next day in the same manner and tone. How do I get out or over the idea that I anticipate or assume hes always going to be that same old person who daily changes? I know that with this new drug it is not a miricle pill but with all I have read can do great wonders. My fear is that now that we have finally figured out what was going on with him and have made the step to change it that I am gonna be stuck in the past and not be able to overcome the way he use to treat me. I LOVE him to death. I would NEVER leave him before the pill and the DX or now that he is on it.
Sorry to write a book. I guess as hes in the begining of the new him which I so prayed for as he did too that I fear the unknown. The up and down are what I knew for sooo long.
Thanks for listening and taking the time to read the link cyclothymiacollective.012webpages.com/identify You will need to put the 3w's before and the ht ml at the end.;)

I

I'ddie4him

11 years ago when I went to see a psychatrist cause of alot of suicidal thoughts and stuff, He thought I had this also. Turns out I have rapid cycling Bipolar disorder. That means my moods shifted on a daily basis. I have been on lithium for a little over 10 years now, I feel like a new person. I apologize for not responding sooner, I saw your thread a few days ago and meant to respond. I hope this helps, With a little time and the trials of a couple meds, Your husband will get better and find his way back to a relatively normal lifestyle.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.