Oct 2, 2020
✟615,942.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes, I am referring to the fact that they are false believers but these false believers do not realize they are false believers. They are shocked to find out that they are not saved at the Judgment (Matthew 7:22-23). The reason they are not saved is because they worked iniquity. So the few who find eternal life in Matthew 7:14 are the real Christians who are saved and the rest of the many (who are not of the few) are false believers who are not saved. So this supports my point before about how the vast majority of Christian books, movies, etcetera are not done by the few.
You often refer to non-christians as "most Christians". "Most Christians who want to sin and still be saved". Those aren't Christians within the sphere of Christianity. They're just unsaved religious people

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,200,524.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I think the creators of the show wanted to make it as relatable to people as possible- people living in the 21st century. You may have noticed that the characters speak in 21st century English rather than the way they talked back in the biblical days. Think of it as a video version of the new living Bible rather than an exact word for word rendition. Also, much of the dialogue between the disciples was meant to show that they were ordinary people of the day who had disagreements with each other. There are times we see this in scripture as well, and the show was simply putting it into live action.
The Chosen paints a different Jesus than the one in Scripture. He makes mistakes in the series, and this is not possible according to God’s Word because we never seen Him make a mistake in the Bible, and if He had, He could not be our spotless Lamb to die in our place. Jesus is holy, undefiled, and separate from sinners (Hebrews 7:26). The Chosen Jesus speaks against God’s commands or rules, by saying things like, “It’s not about rules,” “I am the Law,” and “I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners” (instead of saying, “I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance” - Matthew 9:13 KJB, Mark 2:17 KJB, Luke 5:32 KJB). The Jesus of the Bible says, If you love me, keep my commandments (John 14:15) (also see: John 15:10). Jesus needs help with the Sermon on the Mount, when Scripture says that Jesus spoke by the commandment of His Father (See: John 12:49). This is yet another major violation of Scripture in that it attacks our Heavenly Father and our Lord. Three of the followers get drunk (Which is not biblical), and no correction of these kinds of sins is ever brought up. So again, no message of repentance. In addition to the true Jesus being attacked, the apostles are attacked, as well. Matthew has autism, and is going to be punched by Peter. We have at least three followers of Christ who are depicted as drunks (with no rebuke) that is not mentioned in the text at all. So the show is about not honoring the Bible, but it is about attacking the real Jesus and His followers. Only somebody who just loves the show will not be able to see such things.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,200,524.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I can say that because you give poor interpretations while acting sanctimonious and condescending towards others. And I replied with scripture ie Matthew 7:23. Like I said, you're not very good at this. I think you have a lot of growing and learning from others to do.
No. Your post #329, which was your reply, did not have any listed Scripture verses and any context like I was requesting.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,200,524.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You often refer to non-christians as "most Christians". "Most Christians who want to sin and still be saved". Those aren't Christians within the sphere of Christianity. They're just unsaved religious people
Matthew 13:41-42 KJV

41The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity;
42 And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.”​

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

May God be with you and bless you.
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟615,942.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Matthew 13:41-42 KJV
41The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity;​
42 And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.”​

One day the angels came to present themselves before the Lord, and Satan also came with them. Job 1:6

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟309,815.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Jesus needs help with the Sermon on the Mount
Are you sure or was He trying to give Matthew confidence in Himself as being worthy to follow Him. See? It's all subjective. Those who want to see evil will see evil, and those good will see good.

Reactions: 2PhiloVoid
Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟309,815.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
No, but it doesn't surprise me any.
If Jesus didn't have a sense of humour, how could He be 'fully' human? Makes one wonder about those who actually don't have one themselves.

• Agree
Reactions: Ceallaigh
Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟615,942.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Are you sure or was He trying to give Matthew confidence in Himself as being worthy to follow Him. See? It's all subjective. Those who want to see evil will see evil, and those good will see good.
That happens to be the impression I got when I watched the clip. Like a parent asking his child to help him out with something that he doesn't really need help with.

Reactions: timothyu
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,200,524.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
One day the angels came to present themselves before the Lord, and Satan also came with them. Job 1:6
Okay. It does not seem like you understood what I was saying by highlighting HIS Kingdom in Matthew 13:41-42.
Tares are injurious weeds that look like wheat. So these tares would be false believers because they can look like regular believers (wheat).

Now, lets check out two verses in John 8.

John 8:34-35 KJV

34 ”Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin.​
35 And the servant abideth not in the house for ever: but the Son abideth ever.”​

So okay. In verse 34 it is saying that whoever commits sin is a “servant of sin.”
Then in verse 35, it continues to talk about this “servant of sin.” It says this “servant of sin” will not abide in the house forever.
This is the tare or false believer that will be weeded out at the end of the world at the Judgment. He will not abide in the house of Christ forever (i.e., be among the fellowship of other believers that are genuine and real). Meaning false believers can blend in with real ones.

Jude speaks of this:

Jude 1:4

”For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ.”​
Jude 1:12-13

12 ”These are spots in your feasts of charity, when they feast with you, feeding themselves without fear: clouds they are without water, carried about of winds; trees whose fruit withereth, without fruit, twice dead, plucked up by the roots;​
13 Raging waves of the sea, foaming out their own shame; wandering stars, to whom is reserved the blackness of darkness for ever.​

So getting back to Matthew 13:41-42,

Matthew 13:41-42

41 ”The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity;​
Okay, so the Son of Man is Jesus Christ; and Jesus will send forth His angels and they will gather out of HIS KINGDOM those who do iniquity. These are the weed or the tares or the false believers. They are gathered out of fellowship of the real believers (Christ’s Kingdom) and they will be thrown into the furnace of fire (i.e., the Lake of Fire).

Side Note:

Now, John 8:35 refers to how the Son abides forever.

This is important to understand because Scripture tells us that God (Christ) is the One who ultimately does the work within a believer (Which you are probably aware of).

Philippians 1:6​
Philippians 1:11​
Philippians 2:13​
Philippians 4:13​
1 Corinthians 15:10​
Hebrews 12:1-2​
Hebrews 13:21​
Isaiah 26:12​
1 John 4:12​
Galatians 5:22-24 (cf. Matthew 7:16-18, Matthew 19:17)​
John 15:5​
Ezekiel 36:26-27​

For that is why the 24 elders cast their crowns down before Jesus (Revelation 4:10). For the crowns they received for their good work was all the result of Christ working in them.

1 John 5:12 says he that has the Son has life and he that does not have the Son does not have life.
We can have an assurance that we know the Lord if we find we are keeping His commandments (1 John 2:3).
The person who says they know the Lord and they do not keep His commandments is a liar and the truth is not in them (1 John 2:4).
What truth is not in them? Jesus. For Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life (John 14:6).

However, the Chosen promotes the opposite of “the truth.”

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,200,524.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Jesus says, “And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.” (John 8:32).
How do we do this?
Skip back to the previous verse and it says, “If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed;” (John 8:31).
So if we continue in His Word we will know the truth, and it will set us free.
But if we prefer the lies or fiction of the Chosen, we will only be in bondage to its false teachings and representations.

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟615,942.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Okay. It does not seem like you understood what I was saying by highlighting HIS Kingdom in Matthew 13:41-42.
Tares are injurious weeds that look like wheat. So these tares would be false believers because they can look like regular believers (wheat).

Now, lets check out two verses in John 8.

John 8:34-35 KJV

34 ”Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin.​
35 And the servant abideth not in the house for ever: but the Son abideth ever.”​

So okay. In verse 34 it is saying that whoever commits sin is a “servant of sin.”
Then in verse 35, it continues to talk about this “servant of sin.” It says this “servant of sin” will not abide in the house forever.
This is the tare or false believer that will be weeded out at the end of the world at the Judgment. He will not abide in the house of Christ forever (i.e., be among the fellowship of other believers that are genuine and real). Meaning false believers can blend in with real ones.

Jude speaks of this:

Jude 1:4

”For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ.”​
Jude 1:12-13

12 ”These are spots in your feasts of charity, when they feast with you, feeding themselves without fear: clouds they are without water, carried about of winds; trees whose fruit withereth, without fruit, twice dead, plucked up by the roots;​
13 Raging waves of the sea, foaming out their own shame; wandering stars, to whom is reserved the blackness of darkness for ever.​

So getting back to Matthew 13:41-42,

Matthew 13:41-42

41 ”The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity;​
Okay, so the Son of Man is Jesus Christ; and Jesus will send forth His angels and they will gather out of HIS KINGDOM those who do iniquity. These are the weed or the tares or the false believers. They are gathered out of fellowship of the real believers (Christ’s Kingdom) and they will be thrown into the furnace of fire (i.e., the Lake of Fire).

Side Note:

Now, John 8:35 refers to how the Son abides forever.

This is important to understand because Scripture tells us that God (Christ) is the One who ultimately does the work within a believer (Which you are probably aware of).

Philippians 1:6​
Philippians 1:11​
Philippians 2:13​
Philippians 4:13​
1 Corinthians 15:10​
Hebrews 12:1-2​
Hebrews 13:21​
Isaiah 26:12​
1 John 4:12​
Galatians 5:22-24 (cf. Matthew 7:16-18, Matthew 19:17)​
John 15:5​
Ezekiel 36:26-27​

For that is why the 24 elders cast their crowns down before Jesus (Revelation 4:10). For the crowns they received for their good work was all the result of Christ working in them.

1 John 5:12 says he that has the Son has life and he that does not have the Son does not have life.
We can have an assurance that we know the Lord if we find we are keeping His commandments (1 John 2:3).
The person who says they know the Lord and they do not keep His commandments is a liar and the truth is not in them (1 John 2:4).
What truth is not in them? Jesus. For Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life (John 14:6).

However, the Chosen promotes the opposite of “the truth.”
You know there's wheat and tares, sheep and goats. But you apply verses like Matthew 7:21-23 to the wheat and the sheep by saying "most Christians". Tares and goats are not Christians ie elect disciples of Christ. But you lump the sheep in with the goats while displaying this air of sanctimonious superiority and then go on to all kinds of errors in interpretation while sowing discord and saying appalling things to disciples of Christ.

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟615,942.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Jesus says, “And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.” (John 8:32).
How do we do this?
Skip back to the previous verse and it says, “If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed;” (John 8:31).
So if we continue in His Word we will know the truth, and it will set us free.
But if we prefer the lies or fiction of the Chosen, we will only be in bondage to its false teachings and representations.
Your fellow Christians aren't as stupid as you think they are.

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟615,942.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I think the creators of the show wanted to make it as relatable to people as possible- people living in the 21st century. You may have noticed that the characters speak in 21st century English rather than the way they talked back in the biblical days. Think of it as a video version of the new living Bible rather than an exact word for word rendition. Also, much of the dialogue between the disciples was meant to show that they were ordinary people of the day who had disagreements with each other. There are times we see this in scripture as well, and the show was simply putting it into live action.
So it's not a nefarious plot to turn us into Mormon Masons?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,200,524.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You know there's wheat and tares, sheep and goats. But you apply verses like Matthew 7:21-23 to the wheat and the sheep by saying "most Christians". Tares and goats are not Christians ie elect disciples of Christ.
No. I am not saying that the Elect are the tares and the goats. I am saying that the wheat, and the sheep are of the few. It is the tares, and the goats who are of the many. It’s why we are to let both grow together instead of trying to uproot the the tares (destroy them). The Judgment will take care of them.

Narrow is the way that leads unto life and FEW be there that find it. The few be there that find eternal life are the sheep, and the wheat.

There are self professing Christians who are not saved (false believers) who slip in among the real believers according to Jude. They crept in unawares according to Jude. Remember the parable of the weeds. It says to let both grow together unto the harvest. Paul says in 1 Corinthians 3 that you are God’s field. But among that field there are weeds or tares that look like wheat (even though they are not wheat and even though they are not Elect). So they can fellowship among us without us knowing. So this is how they can be in Christ’s Kingdom and then be later cast out. They are in the Kingdom in an outward sense that they are amongst the body of Christ and doing the work, but they are not Elect, and they are not saved. They are goats, tares, or false believers in disguise as wheat or sheep. Jesus says we can know a bad tree by its fruit. So obviously one’s deeds will be the determination. If one justifies sin or does wrong in some way, they are demonstrating they are a bad tree, etcetera. That does not mean they cannot be nice, loving, and kind at other times. Remember, they can fool the wheat into thinking they are wheat, when they are actually tares.

The tares also do not know that they are not saved, either. They actually think they are saved but they will be shocked to find out that they are not saved when they encounter Jesus at the Judgment.

But you lump the sheep in with the goats while displaying this air of sanctimonious superiority and then go on to all kinds of errors in interpretation while sowing discord
John 8 says that the servant of sin will not abide in the house forever (i.e., the house of Christ) (See: John 8:34-35 again). Those in Jude who slipped in among real believers turned God’s grace into a license for immorality. They are not technically a part of the real believers, but they are among them in Christ’s house and or among the real brethren in secret. They are in the Kingdom only in an outward sense in that they will at times do the work of the Kingdom alongside the real brethren (Or the wheat). It’s not about superiority, it’s about accepting what the Scriptures say on this matter (Which is a spiritual thing to understand if one accepts all the verses I mentioned).

and saying appalling things to disciples of Christ.
Actually the Chosen series does this in video form, and folks who are hooked into it cannot see these things as being a problem because they like to be entertained over reverencing God’s Word (The Bible, which is the real truth). The Chosen series is the opposite of truth. It promotes lies about our Savior and the apostles, and has study guides to follow such lies (As if lies can help you grow spiritually - when we know such is not the case).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,200,524.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Galatians 5:9
”A little leaven leaveneth the whole lump.”​

So while folks may not be Mormons or Masons because of the Chosen, they are being tainted to accept false things that go against the Bible in what it says (As I have already demonstrated). Folks in this thread are arguing to defend the teachings of the fiction by Dallas Jenkins rather than them favoring what Scripture says. Again, it reminds me of this….

2 Timothy 4:3-4

3 ”For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine;​
but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;​
4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.”​
In other words, a super super tiny amount of poison that may not kill a person right away but can in time slowly kill a person will still serve its purpose. The fact that the poison is slowly killing a person they are not alarmed that they are in trouble until it’s too late. Accepting the Chosen Jesus is believing in another Jesus even if it is just in fun or fiction. These kinds of things leave impressions upon us. The fact that people get emotional and run out of the forums is proof enough that show has an affect upon people. I know two that have done this so far at CF.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,200,524.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
We reap what we sow. Garbage in, and garbage out. It’s like if you hang out all the time with a bunch of cussing sailors who swear every other word, you will end up being influenced to cuss yourself.

Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

You say you want a revolution? **cough**
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,141,589.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Galatians 5:9
”A little leaven leaveneth the whole lump.”​

So while folks may not be Mormons or Masons because of the Chosen, they are being tainted to accept false things that go against the Bible in what it says (As I have already demonstrated). Folks in this thread are arguing to defend the teachings of the fiction by Dallas Jenkins rather than them favoring what Scripture says. Again, it reminds me of this….

2 Timothy 4:3-4

3 ”For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine;​
but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;​
4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.”​
In other words, a super super tiny amount of poison that may not kill a person right away but can in time slowly kill a person will still serve its purpose. The fact that the poison is slowly killing a person they are not alarmed that they are in trouble until it’s too late. Accepting the Chosen Jesus is believing in another Jesus even if it is just in fun or fiction. These kinds of things leave impressions upon us. The fact that people get emotional and run out of the forums is proof enough that show has an affect upon people. I know two that have done this so far at CF.

Oh, there definitely have been a number of people who, after landing on CF, end up immediately jumping ship because they're accosted by fellow Christians who seem to have assumed the office of Drill Sergeant for the Body of Christ. Or worse.

Of course, with that said, I know some atheists who have assumed a similar office towards Christians.

Neither of these two types of folks are really copacetic or acceptable in my book.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,200,524.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I, and my legion of scholarly sources, have knowledge of God's Word too.
While scholars can get many things right, they can also be wrong.

1 Corinthians 2:5 says,
”That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.”

Meaning, we should ask God to send the Spirit to help us understand what His Word says.
It will be the Holy Spirit that will open our understanding (See: 1 John 2:27).
But we must be willing to accept every word of the Bible as truth and not reject it when we don’t like what it says.

No one gets to self-deputize or self-ordain themselves for spiritual roles, especially not to go around and condenscend upon other, fellow Christians left and right. Who at your church is backing you in your attitude here?
Just stating your thoughts does not mean anything. The burden of proof is on you to make your case biblically that 2 Timothy 3:16-17 cannot apply to all believers but only church leaders. While Timothy helped to act on behalf of Paul at times, it does not mean the instruction in 2 Timothy 3:16-17 was only to him and or those like him. If such was the case, you need to build your case biblically that says otherwise. But we must keep in mind that Timothy did not see our risen Lord that we know of according to Scripture. As important as Timothy was, this does not mean he was not an apostle like Paul. One of the qualifications of being an apostle is to see the risen Christ.

Anyway, if this is the case, then you can never try to prove somebody wrong about a false belief with Scripture on any other topic. Have you never done that before? If so, then you be hypocritical, friend.

Jesus was sinless, but He was still Human.
If you mean he was human in the sense that he made mistakes then that would technically be a sin.
Besides, God cannot make mistakes.

And even though He was one with the Holy Spirit, I don't think Jesus was omniscience while in the flesh.
I believe Jesus Omniscience was suppressed.

Jesus grew in wisdom as a child (Luke 2:52), and He did not know the day or the hour of His own return (Matthew 24:36).

The Bible alludes to the fact that Jesus suppressed His divine attribute of Omniscience (i.e. to know all things) at the beginning of God’s creation.

How so?

Jesus says to God the Father,

"And now, Father, glorify me in your presence with the glory I had with you before the world began." (John 17:5).

I believe this glory is in reference to the "glory of the knowledge of the Lord."

For it is written:

"For the earth shall be filled with the knowledge of the glory of the LORD, as the waters cover the sea." (Habakkuk 2:14).

"For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ." (2 Corinthians 4:6).

Jesus' divine attribute of Omniscience was not suppressed before the world began. This is the glory that He shared with the Father at one time. Jesus was the Lamb slain before the foundation of the world. His fate was already laid out ahead of time because God is 100% aware of everything that is going to happen.

When the world began, Jesus's divine attribute of Omniscience was suppressed.

Jesus was perfected in obeying the Father and suffered unto death while He was limited in knowledge or while His divine attribute of Omniscience was suppressed. Jesus was able to learn how to obey while under suffering in a human body with limited knowledge. Jesus lived like a man so as to fulfill the type of Adam. Adam was also limited in knowledge in the Garden before the fall.

It's why Jesus is a type or figure of Adam.

For Jesus is called the "Last Adam" in Scripture (See 1 Corinthians 15:22).

That said, while Jesus Omniscience was suppressed, we must also understand that the Bible also teaches that…

Jesus had power as God:
(During His Earthly Ministry):

1. Jesus said He has power to raise the dead to life just as the Father had power to raise the dead (John 5:21).​
2. Hebrews 1:3 talks about how Christ held all things together by the word of His power when He purged us of our sins.​
3. Jesus said, He would raise up this Temple (His body) three days later (John 2:19).​
4. Jesus had the power to forgive sins and give eternal life (Mark 2:7) (Luke 7:44-50) (John 14:6).​
5 Jesus had power to take away the sins of the entire world (John 1:29).​
6. Jesus Christ said wherever two or three are gathered in my name, there I am among them (Matthew 18:20). This was said to the people he was around and not to just us today.​
7. Jesus can make His home or abode inside of us if we keep His commandments (John 14:15). This is a part of His divine power and or abilities as God. Humans born to two parents cannot make their homes inside other people.​
8. “This beginning of miracles did Jesus in Cana of Galilee, and manifested forth his glory; and his disciples believed on him.” (John 2:11). This was a direct statement. Meaning, Christ’s miracle at the wedding of Cana manifested His glory. This was his first miracle done by Jesus, and it was a part of His showing forth His deity as God. The apostle John did not say that the Lord Jesus manifested the Holy Spirit’s glory, but His own glory.​
9. ”And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.” (John 14:13-14). This was said by Jesus before the cross, and answering prayers is definitely a divine act of God. Please pay close attention to what Jesus said. He said, “I will do it“ in reference to answering prayer. So if a person prays for a healing in His name, he will do it. He will be the One who will heal them and do it.​
10. John 5:17 (NKJV) “But Jesus answered them, “My Father has been working until now, and I have been working.” If you were to read a little before verse 17, we learn that this is in context to the Jews being upset because of Christ healing a man on the Sabbath. So Jesus is taking ownership of this healing because He said He has been working (Just as the Father). John 5:19 says, “Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise.”​

So, if The Chosen takes some small liberty to 'show' some of Jesus' humanity, I'm not upset about that. I mean, it's not like we're supporting the Davinci Code or some other similar schlock.
The creators of the Chosen have their version of Jesus making mistakes that violates Scripture that is very serious. I have already mentioned this in my previous posts involving the Bible.

The Biblical writers, like any writes of history, can't possible provide an exhaustive and comprehensive narrative describing every single idea, thought, word, or action that either Jesus had or the Apostles had. For all we know, it is possible that some of the earliest disciples had personality and/or cognitive issues just like any Tom, Rick or Sally could today. Peter was known to have been brash at times and to make hastly generalizations, or just not see things that the Lord wanted him to see. Paul wasn't perfect either. None of them were. Jesus was sinless, though. That much we know.
So if Jesus is sinless and our spotless Lamb, He could not make mistakes. Hebrews 7:26 says he was separate from sinners, and holly and undefiled.

If it's my "prerogative" to go around and "correct" people, then you'll get a heck of a lot of push back from me on a whole lot of stuff, Bible and all ... ... And I can guarantee you, you won't like what I have to say and you'll think The Chosen is the least of your concerns.

So, just stop while you think you're ahead and concentrate more on being civil to other, fellow Trinitarian Christians. Surely you can do that, can't you?
I believe it is more serious than you realize. The false teachings in the Chosen are heretical. A Jesus who makes mistakes and who has to get help on His sermon when in reality Jesus spoke by commandment of the Father. A Jesus who does not call sinners to repentance and who promotes the false idea that it’s not about the rules, when in reality Jesus said if you love me, keep my commandments. The show clearly is teaching another Jesus that people would rather listen to and believe this is the real Jesus. Even the show declares that they are portraying the authentic Jesus (Which is clearly a lie if we look at Scripture). So the creators are lying to us.

No, I'm not upset at all that you don't like The Chosen. T.V. shows don't play any part in my theological outlook. So, I don't care about that. I do care when fellow Christians think they're going to get into my face and show me "The Way." ... you ain't!!!!
It’s not a matter of my not liking it, it’s a matter of my exposing the problems in the show in light of the Bible that you don’t like.

As I said before, I'm now aware that there is some minimal Mormon influence on the Chosen t.v. series.
There are several executive producers who are Mormons on the Chosen.
They also filmed in a sacred Mormon location that before that point in time, no Mormon was allowed to visit such a location.
Dallas says Mormons are his brothers and sisters in Christ.
They just happen to coincidentally loosely quote the Book of Mormon on the show with the phrase, “I am the Law…”
Yes, the Jenkin’s Jesus said, “I am the Law of Moses,” but this was still a reference to the Book of Mormon that says, “I am the Law.”
For Jesus quoted Old Testamented references in a similar way.

The Lord bless you and keep you as well.
Thank you. May His goodness and mercy always be upon you even if we are in heated disagreement over your love for a fictional TV series.

Last edited:
Upvote 0