Fellowship The Biblical basis of Binding and loosing ( Please read rule set before posting)

ByTheSpirit

Come Lord Jesus
May 17, 2011
Manhattan, KS
✟192,506.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
this only your perception ...
Nah, I literally have no idea what you are talking about. The problem with sounding so super spiritual or mystical or with saying much without saying anything at all is people won't understand what you are saying and thus the point you are attempting to make is pointless

Upvote 0

GTW27

Aug 31, 2007
Western Pa
✟206,250.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
He is in us. Christ in us is the key, is the life is the path is the door....

to begin to see this is first to see there be two sides (perceptions ) to everything in the scrip ( heaven & earth, light and darkness, man & women, tree of life & tree of knowledge of good and evil, Cain and Abel etc and this list goes on and on ) and these two ( witnesses ) speak as one, as in two cherubs wielding one flaming sword ...

this what i write has no depth or breadth to it and therefor no measurement ... these two keys/fruits both bind and loosen, depending on the day in which you eat ...
I appreciate you taking the time for this. Two vying for one, is a man's story. Whom of the two do you suppose spoke these words to the man in the beginning, or first day?

Upvote 0
Jun 16, 2020
London
✟108,944.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I appreciate you taking the time for this. Two vying for one, is a man's story. Whom of the two do you suppose spoke these words to the man in the beginning, or first day?

God is not divided, man is ... but without division/separation/gendering there would be no multiplication ...

Reactions: GTW27
Upvote 0
Jun 16, 2020
London
✟108,944.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Nah, I literally have no idea what you are talking about. The problem with sounding so super spiritual or mystical or with saying much without saying anything at all is people won't understand what you are saying and thus the point you are attempting to make is pointless

i am speaking figuratively as in metaphorically ... taken literally do you think that God would have us believe that knowledge grows on a tree ?

Upvote 0

ByTheSpirit

Come Lord Jesus
May 17, 2011
Manhattan, KS
✟192,506.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
i am speaking figuratively as in metaphorically ... taken literally do you think that God would have us believe that knowledge grows on a tree ?
What does knowledge (in the sense you are using it) have to do with binding or loosing demons? You've completely derailed a very important topic with nonsense to make yourself sound more mystical and spiritual.

Upvote 0

shadowhunter

+collaboratively study, ~ debate, -fight.
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2008
✟60,940.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Let me start with the fact I am Sola Scriptura - which means I view Scripture and only Scripture as my source of truth,

I believe beyond a doubt that Christians have the authority to cast out demons - I believe Scripture when it speaks of the acts of casting out demons.

What I have NEVER found proof of is binding demons - not in Scriptural edict nor example.

The most misused scripture is:

Some use Matt 18:18 18 “Assuredly, I say to you, whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.

Their error is not reading the verses before and after it and not seeing in context of what was said.

Read it in context:

Matt 18: 15 Moreover if your brother sins against you, go and tell him his fault between you and him alone. If he hears you, you have gained your brother. 16 But if he will not hear, take with you one or two more, that ‘by the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established.’ 17 And if he refuses to hear them, tell it to the church. But if he refuses even to hear the church, let him be to you like a heathen and a tax collector.​
18 “Assuredly, I say to you, whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.​
19 “Again I say to you that if two of you agree on earth concerning anything that they ask, it will be done for them by My Father in heaven. 20 For where two or three are gathered together in My name, I am there in the midst of them.”​

21 Then Peter came to Him and said, “Lord, how often shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? Up to seven times?”​

There is zero reference to demons, therefore can not be contextually supported for binding demons.
The rabbinic practice of binding and loosing was that of permitting or forbidding. It was making a judgement on what someone had done, and often, after the fact.

When David sinned by stealing a man's wife and having the man murdered, he repented saying "Against you alone have I sinned". He recognized that sin was against God, not us.

We have the right (in the flesh) for justice, but the privilege of forgiveness.

That privilege is this: When we take offense, we have made ourselves equal to God. Forgiveness is repentance for that sin. If you steal my stereo but I give it to you, I have completely absorbed your sin. Neither the police nor God will come after you.

We are unable to do this in our own strength. Our flesh/ego/instinct prevents us.

I have 'loosed' the stereo to you. If I retain the offense; bind it, then God will deal with it.

Upvote 0
Jun 16, 2020
London
✟108,944.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What does knowledge (in the sense you are using it) have to do with binding or loosing demons? You've completely derailed a very important topic with nonsense to make yourself sound more mystical and spiritual.

everything ...

Upvote 0

ByTheSpirit

Come Lord Jesus
May 17, 2011
Manhattan, KS
✟192,506.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Gal 5:16 I say then: Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh. 17 For the flesh lusts against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; and these are contrary to one another, so that you do not do the things that you wish. 18 But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law.​
19 Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are:​
  • adultery,
  • fornication,
  • uncleanness,
  • lewdness,
  • idolatry,
  • sorcery,
  • hatred,
  • contentions,
  • jealousies,
  • outbursts of wrath,
  • selfish ambitions,
  • dissensions,
  • heresies,
  • envy,
  • murders,
  • drunkenness,
  • revelries,
and the like; of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.​

My friends, it does not get any plainer than that. The above are works of the flesh - not demons, not demonic attacks.

Remember what James told us:

James 1:14 But each one is tempted when he is drawn away by his own desires and enticed. 15 Then, when desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, brings forth death.​
I have heard people associate demons with every one of those, they pray against them and bind them with their prayers. It doesn't work - why? It's not scriptural - you cannot bind nor cast off your flesh.
I'd like to actually engage your content here instead of mystical soothsayers.

Let me ask you friend, I've also heard quite a bit from other Charismatics that these are signs of demonic oppression. Actually I think Derek Prince has a teaching where he sort of supports the idea that these can be demonic in nature, not always, but can be.

So how do you view that? From your post here it seems that you would disagree, and that these items are purely fruits of the flesh.

Now in that vein, how do we distinguish the fruit or work of a demon?

In scripture we see quite a bit of physical malady connected with demons. Blindness, deafness, muteness, paralysis, convulsions, etc.

How do you see that?

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Jesus is the only Way
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟720,990.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'd like to actually engage your content here instead of mystical soothsayers.

Let me ask you friend, I've also heard quite a bit from other Charismatics that these are signs of demonic oppression. Actually I think Derek Prince has a teaching where he sort of supports the idea that these can be demonic in nature, not always, but can be.

So how do you view that? From your post here it seems that you would disagree, and that these items are purely fruits of the flesh.

Now in that vein, how do we distinguish the fruit or work of a demon?

In scripture we see quite a bit of physical malady connected with demons. Blindness, deafness, muteness, paralysis, convulsions, etc.

How do you see that?
I do not base my beliefs on what someone else is preaching. I judge what they are saying based on the Word of God (sola Scriptura). That is my measuring point.

If the Word calls something a work of the flesh - then that something is a work of the flesh. There is a caveat in James 1:13 Let no one say when he is tempted, “I am tempted by God”; for God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does He Himself tempt anyone. 14 But each one is tempted when he is drawn away by his own desires and enticed. 15 Then, when desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, brings forth death.

Notice that the temptation comes from being "drawn away by his own desires". When desire has conceived it gives birth to sin (separation from God.)

Can those actions invite demonic presence? Sure! anytime you choose to step away from God's Presence, you step away from His protection.

What is the measuring line whether it is a demon or not? I think it is pretty plain in scripture - the demon manifested itself, or there was a Word of Knowledge.

I've heard of Derek Prince, but I don't think I have ever heard a complete sermon from him. With that in mind, I can't comment positive nor negative.

The times I have dealt with demonic activity, it has been very clear what it was and they were cast out with a word. It doesn't take a whole lot of effort.

What does take effort is trying to cast off flesh.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ByTheSpirit

Come Lord Jesus
May 17, 2011
Manhattan, KS
✟192,506.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I do not base my beliefs on what someone else is preaching. I judge what they are saying based on the Word of God (sola Scriptura). That is my measuring point.

If the Word calls something a work of the flesh - then that something is a work of the flesh. There is a caveat in James 1:13 Let no one say when he is tempted, “I am tempted by God”; for God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does He Himself tempt anyone. 14 But each one is tempted when he is drawn away by his own desires and enticed. 15 Then, when desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, brings forth death.

Notice that the temptation comes from being "drawn away by his own desires". When desire has conceived it gives birth to sin (separation from God.)

Can those actions invite demonic presence? Sure! anytime you choose to step away from God's Presence, you step away from His protection.

What is the measuring line whether it is a demon or not? I think it is pretty plain in scripture - the demon manifested itself, or there was a Word of Knowledge.

I've heard of Derek Prince, but I don't think I have ever heard a complete sermon from him. With that in mind, I can't comment positive nor negative.

The times I have dealt with demonic activity, it has been very clear what it was and they were cast out with a word. It doesn't take a whole lot of effort.

What does take effort is trying to cast off flesh.
So you tend to see the demonic manifesting more in physical torment than what would be considered acts of the flesh? Interesting, not disagreeing just haven't ever heard that perspective before

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Jesus is the only Way
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟720,990.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So you tend to see the demonic manifesting more in physical torment than what would be considered acts of the flesh? Interesting, not disagreeing just haven't ever heard that perspective before
Actually not even physical torment - the numbers of times I have dealt with demonic, they were welcome guests. IOW the person's actions invited them in. We saw 134 practicing voodoo priest instantly delivered in the middle of a voodoo festival. I've dealt with the demonic in central America and a number of other places.

I have a good friend in South Africa - his ministry deals with the demonic consistently because of the people he is sent to. He came for an extended time here and asked me why are all these preachers trying to cast out the flesh. That is what started my journey in Scripture.

Upvote 0
Jun 16, 2020
London
✟108,944.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Answer the question, this is a non-answer.

i am addressing the OP with regard to binding and loosening ... go back and read it again and you will see hislegacy quotes Matthew 18:18 to which i addressed in post 27 with Matthew 16:19 in mind ...

I will give to you the keys of the kingdom of the heavens, and whatever you might bind on the earth shall have been bound in the heavens, and whatever you might loose on the earth shall have been loosed in the heavens." Matt 16:19

here again is my post 27 "two keys of knowledge when taken as apposed to being given is what binds us .."

the taking binds ... freely given loosens ... which ties in with the tree of knowledge of good and evil which bears two fruits which ties in with the law ... spoken of as a law of sin and death or a law of life ( same law either kept or not kept ) pictured amongst other things as two mountains etc etc

"... , she took the fruit and ate it. She also gave some to her husband who was with her, and he ate it.

you can not understand what it is which binds and loosens without understanding what these keys (of David) are ...

Upvote 0

GTW27

Aug 31, 2007
Western Pa
✟206,250.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Ok, well that says nothing. Have a great day

This is a fellowship thread on binding and loosing, please fellowship around that.
I am sorry for derailing your thread with my two post.

• Friendly
Reactions: hislegacy
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums