Colossians 1:15-20 binds Christs blood to all humanity (AND MORE)

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟2,134.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Colossians 1:15

He is the image of the invisible God,
the firstborn over all creation.[i]
John 14:9 Jesus said to him, “Have I been among you all this time without your knowing Me, Philip? The one who has seen Me has seen the Father. How can you say, ‘Show us the Father’?​
First Born per biblical Concordance: 4416 prōtótokos (from 4413 /prṓtos, "first, pre-eminent" and 5088 /tíktō, "bring forth") – properly, first in time (Mt 1:25; Lk 2:7); hence, pre-eminent (Col 1:15; Rev 1:5).​
16 For everything was created by Him,
Okay... so Jesus, who is the very "image", "Presence" of God. Jesus whom is God the Son... is the Creator. Does scripture agree?
Romans 11:36 For from Him and through Him​
and to Him are all things.​
To Him be the glory forever. Amen.​
But... Jesus is the creator? Philippians 2:9​
Therefore God exalted him to the highest place and gave him the name that is above every name, 10 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, 11 and every tongue acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

in heaven and on earth,
the visible and the invisible,
whether thrones or dominions
or rulers or authorities—
all things have been created through Him and for Him.
There's that Creator thing, again. So the word All, refers to ALL that exists that our TriUne God has Created. That's everything. No exceptions.

17 He is before all things,
and by Him all things hold together.

This is God, our Lord God.

18 He is also the head of the body, the church;
Trinity verbiage. The Father is the "Head" of the Son, aka Jesus Christ has His Father as His Head. We the Body have The Son, as our Head

He is the beginning,
the firstborn from the dead,
He is the first to show that death has zero captivity over the Body of Christ.

so that He might come to have
first place in everything.
This is God we are talking about, after all

19 For God was pleased to have
all His fullness dwell in Him,
John 14:7 “If you know Me, you will also know[d] My Father. From now on you do know Him and have seen Him.”​
8 “Lord,” said Philip, “show us the Father, and that’s enough for us.”​
9 Jesus said to him, “Have I been among you all this time without your knowing Me, Philip? The one who has seen Me has seen the Father. How can you say, ‘Show us the Father’? 10 Don’t you believe that I am in the Father and the Father is in Me? The words I speak to you I do not speak on My own. The Father who lives in Me does His works. 11 Believe Me that I am in the Father and the Father is in Me. Otherwise, believe[e] because of the works themselves.​

20 and through Him to reconcile
everything to Himself
by making peace
through the blood of His cross[j]—
whether things on earth or things in heaven.

Now, we finally se that the very things that God created are "all" (The Greek word is pas ) reconciled through Jesus Christ's blood.

Why is this a big deal?

2nd Corinthians 15:18-21​
15 And He died for all so that those who live should no longer live for themselves, but for the One who died for them and was raised.​
16 From now on, then, we do not know[a] anyone in a purely human way.[b] Even if we have known[c] Christ in a purely human way,[d] yet now we no longer know[e] Him in this way. 17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away, and look, new things[f] have come. 18 Everything is from God, who reconciled us to Himself through Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation:
Well, that sounds all well and grand, but some say that He didn't die with Salvic Love towards all. Okay, lets see why Colossians 1 is iron clad. Let's truncate it, now that we have evaluated it.

16 For everything was created by Him,
in heaven and on earth,
the visible and the invisible,
whether thrones or dominions
or rulers or authorities—
all things have been created through Him and for Him.
20 and through Him to reconcile
everything to Himself
by making peace
through the blood of His cross[j]—
whether things on earth or things in heaven.

What we see here are 3 red words. The Greek is Pas The word Pas is used to say the entirety of or a part of, by Greek lingual intention. This is why Pas theologians disagree with pas theologians over this matter to then say... Jesus didn't die Lovingly for all that have or ever will exist.

Here comes the magic of Colossians 1. We have the first PAS attached to the authority, sovereignty and creation of all things that Jesus is given authority over.

The second Pas denotes All of Creation, which as seen above, is literally ON EARTH, IN HEAVEN and just incase someone missed it... ALL THINGS VISIBLE AND INVISIBLE. This isn't a standoff. Only one Being is left. God.

The last PAS specifies that those very PAS things are Re-established to Jesus Christ's authority through the Shedding of His BLOOD.

We now have an ironclad theological equation!

Christ's authority was Reconciled, Rectified, Re-Established, through the Shedding of His blood. This Places PAS directly in line in all 3 places with the Things that Christ has Authority over. This is to say that if one single piece of creation were to be declared not intended for that BLOOD, it wouldn't be under Christ's authority.

For the Logically Minded: A = Pas Authority, While S = The INTENDED Salvic Flow of Jesus Christ's Blood to PAS things.

A is = to S or A = S A - 2 birds = S - 2birds It's IRONCLAD.

I hope Pas of you Love this OP.

Last edited:
Reactions: John Mullally