Visit site
✟2,700.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Why does God anoint one service, but not another? Is it all about the right formula? If so, what is it? Why should our hearts be some particular condition for the Lord to visit a gathering when we are really there to seek Him because we are imperfect and broken?

In decades past, the Spirit of God would pay visits at the most unexpected places. When I was living in a large house which five brothers shared, the Spirit would, on some days, keep us drunk in Him. And for nothing we did. The anointing showed up and we knew it and were awed by it.

Why, in these days, has the Lord chosen to hide His best? In Kathryn Kuhlman meetings, my spirit and soul were so completely united with the presence of God that I felt I was in another dimension. So immeasurably drenched I was by the Lord's visitation, I felt deeply Hs purity and compassion with and in me. Everything else, after those days, hasn't compared to that time. And, oh how I miss it.

hopeinGod

A voice crying in the wilderness
Jul 26, 2004
Florida
Visit site
✟2,700.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
In the Book of Acts, on the day of Pentecost, they were all of "one accord." I believe that meant they were unified in heart and mind to seek Him humbly.

So the formula is to be in "one accord." How do we do that? What does that mean? Think alike? Hunger alike?

Upvote 0

AGTG

Mar 11, 2014
✟6,038.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
So the formula is to be in "one accord." How do we do that? What does that mean? Think alike? Hunger alike?

We don't need to be clones of one another, we just need to submit humbly so that He reigns in our hearts collectively. When the Spirit quickens within us, and we seek Him on His terms putting aside all the things within our hearts that are driven by our own self-seeking agendas, I believe God will honor that by letting His Holy Spirit fall upon us. When the Holy Spirit within us rises up within the congregation, and the Holy Spirit falls from above, there will be a flashpoint of holy fire that can't be manufactured or and can't be denied.

Upvote 0

Alive_Again

Resident Alien
Sep 16, 2010
✟12,991.00
Faith
Word of Faith
I think there was a great deal of prayer support that went in to the Kuhlman meetings. I think that is a common factor in the places where a real freedom prevails. Thousands of angels prepare the people who are supposed to be present in those meetings and in general it's a place where liberty has been achieved beforehand.

Many times stuff gets worked into local fellowships by the enemy. People agree with certain things that open doors. Pastors make wrong choices. A certain amount of diligence is not present, and so the flock suffers (even though they're the ones who were also not diligent). A local body is such a group effort. If the watchmen don't do their thing, things suffer. If one suffers, we all suffer as the Word says, and we don't look well after the flock. Maybe not the pastor, and certainly not everyone else who actually speaks with the sheep around you.

People often tend to their own business. They try to help others, but won't always open up about what's going on in their lives. You find a few people in the service behaving as though they're richly blessed, while most of the others are somewhat fed, but not on the level the others are. Then you have the ones who carry the same burdens into church and leave with them week after week. I personally believe some of this is because we're not looking after one anothers edification and expecting that enrichment through the gifts, manifesting just by desire to bless others and love them.

I believe on some occasions, it is just a season to really bear fruit and it is more pronounced. If you're where you're supposed to be (always a good fruit bearing thing), then at certain times, it's far more enjoyable.

I remember one brother really wanted to get to the bottom of why he wasn't enjoying his prayer time like he had been the last few months. He was humbling himself and asking for prayer, and was very sincere. In discussion (always best right after service), we talked about it and I made a passing remark (it seemed that way), and as the words came out, they were anointed. I KNEW that this was the case, he was entering into a different season. He seemed to "get it" as well.

I think that the seasons of pruning and "wintery dryness" are uncomfortable and lead to a lot of inward groaning that is part of the growth process.

I will break down and go visit a place I know that has a wonderful move when times get rough. I think churches have seasons too and as real intercession "gathers", sometimes the bowls tip at the right time and things open up more like we all cry out for.

Upvote 0

Alive_Again

Resident Alien
Sep 16, 2010
✟12,991.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Re-reading your post also reminds me of some real blessed events. Their used to be a Friday evening pray and praise service at a local Episcopal church. It was Spirit filled and people from many denominations came from a great distance. (Just down the street from me!)

Anyway the worship was incredible. The main adjective I would describe for it was "reverence". It was an overly hoppity kind of worship. Of course at first it was very happy and all, but it always seemed to shift into "R" for reverence and then the world stopped. We'd all love church to always be where we get off the world's bus so to speak and enter into Heaven.

Some worship is too short (IMO), and it seems you're just getting going and they stand to make announcements. Sometimes I think the announcements are a "time-out" from the wonderful anointing you were experiencing and you question if they really belong in service at any length.

I remember at a Kat Kerr service, following worship, the atmosphere was charged, but after the intermission bathroom break (her meetings are long), when we came back, the flesh seemed to hang a bit more. It didn't seem that way during the intermission. It might have been the "group condition" I was sensing, and it was nowhere near as good. Of course the revelation was wonderful and the impartation left you bubbly.

As the Lord told Hagin, in America, we combine all of our meetings into one service and never reach the potential certain types of meetings are supposed to have. No extended worship in teaching meetings; no soul winning push in regular worship services, etc. The more we line up with the plan, the greater the fruit. There's a lot to be learned about "having church" that we're nowhere near reaching.

I'd love to visit some "third world" services where the usual form we think of goes out the window and just watch the Holy Spirit move. I really think with the big changes coming, we won't recognize ours services anymore!

Also, in the back of a book about angels, the author (?) talked about a vision where God took him to the best meetings (the message), and they would end and the people would not get ministered to. God basically told him that people had come to expect a good message and then that would end it. But the plan of God is for His people to be transformed and the ministry element that is missing is coming to the church.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

K2K

Jul 21, 2010
✟50,646.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think we spend too much time trying to make God into a formula instead of having a relationship with Him.

He was talking to me on this exact subject today at lunch. He was comparing trying to get the annointing by following a formula to being on a slippery slope. He was saying the annointing comes from above. So He gives it as He wants and where He wants, so we need to listen to Him to be where He wants us, doing what He wants us doing and not to be trying to perform by a method or formula.

He was making saying to me that if we think we get the annointing by trying to follow formulas, even formulas that seem to work in the past, we are saying the oil for the annoiting comes by doing what we think best. It could be compared to using oil from the ground to annoit, instead of oil from the tree. Or it could be compared to spilling old oil on the ground and trying to walk on it. Either way, the oil on the ground cause you to slip. The oil for the annoting is suppose to come from above and wasn't it applied to the head of Aaron?

So quite trying to put the oil for the annointing under our feet, spiritually speaking, and seek instructions the Lord has for the annointing.

Upvote 0

Svt4Him

Legend
Site Supporter
Oct 23, 2003
Visit site
✟53,618.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I often wonder what would happen if we had a bit of the fear of the Lord, like they also did in Acts.

Then the church throughout Judea, Galilee and Samaria enjoyed a time of peace and was strengthened. Living in the fear of the Lord and encouraged by the Holy Spirit, it increased in numbers.

Upvote 0

K2K

Jul 21, 2010
✟50,646.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I often wonder what would happen if we had a bit of the fear of the Lord, like they also did in Acts.

Then the church throughout Judea, Galilee and Samaria enjoyed a time of peace and was strengthened. Living in the fear of the Lord and encouraged by the Holy Spirit, it increased in numbers.

Wouldn't we seek God and His kingdom, like they also did in Acts?

Then the Spirit would come, the annoiting would fall on us from above and we would see signs and wonders around us.

A few of days ago I saw a lady's jaw get healed, someone get the gift of tongues for the first time, another lady see her first vision, other get generally effected by the power of God, and that because the annoiting came down from above when we, as a group, turned to the Lord as served Him.

It's still happening. ;)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums