✟75,737.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
The thread about you and 2024.

Do you have a New Year's resolution? What are you hoping will happen in 2024? Any exciting plans? Any worries?

------

I do not have a New Year's resolution. I am hoping that I will continue to lose weight and I hope I meet my future husband.

ReesePiece23

The Peanut Buttery Member.
Sep 17, 2013
✟291,443.00
Faith
Christian
Basically, it's a case of keeping the momentum running and maintaining altitude.

When you set goals, you play an attacking game. But when you get there, you play a defending game. So really, it's time for me to pack the defence and park the bus.

This doesn't mean I'll be getting stagnant - If anything, I'll be doing a lot more. I'll just be very deliberate with the choices I make.

Reactions: sampa
Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟219,490.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Become more involved in the church I go to (not sure what that'll look like (scary!))
Glorify God, burn for God & his will for me
Meet my wife
Do not be discouraged when the 1st & 4th get hard

Other than that, not expecting much.

• Friendly
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

.Mikha'el.

7x13=28
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
May 22, 2004
British Columbia
✟1,017,903.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
I'd like to start losing weight again, but it's hard to do when I'm so heavily prioritizing getting a new job first. Once I do that, the former will be much easier to focus on.

Upvote 0

sampa

Veteran
Oct 6, 2006
Midwest
✟126,793.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
How are people planning to honor God this year
I've committed to helping out with teens at church at least once for the year.
- Daniel fast during lent season
- join Bible study in spring
- work on my spiritual timeline during Daniel fast
- give up caffeine during lent
- finish seeking Him study by end of 2024
- join a family potluck at church
- volunteer with church for community event
- be more in prayer before my social outings with those that don't know Christ

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟954,865.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
We follow a biblical calendar and the new year begins for us at Nisan. Attuning ourselves to that system was the primary focus in 2023. Now we're expanding the concept and deepening our commitment to move through the seasons harmoniously as God intended.

I haven't chosen a word of the year or determined my focus as of yet. Slow is an integral theme I'm implementing in my life, home, work and relationships. I endeavor to have less compartmentalization and greater symmetry when possible.

Making time takes time and I want to be available for the Spirit's movement. I'm not over scheduled but I needed to remove a few things to give more attention to things I've neglected or overlooked. Minimizing my time online availed me to new endeavors in prayer and spiritual growth. I'd like to continue the practice in the coming year.

While I don't watch the news I've kept abreast of several issues and petitioned the Lord about them continually. We're developing the practice of praying about wrongs as they're encountered. Which I hope to expand.

Most importantly, I want to spend more time at the altar meeting with the Lord and discovering the riches in the word I didn't know, understand, or haven't heard elsewhere. He's met my desire handsomely and I long for a space that's His alone. A place we can go for fellowship that isn't used otherwise.

If I could hope for anything it's a deepening of my spiritual aptitude and frequency. Everything flows from that place. The more I'm attuned to Him the more the rest follows suit. As long as the Kingdom is foremost He'll do the rest.

But first and most importantly seek (aim at, strive after) His kingdom and His righteousness [His way of doing and being right—the attitude and character of God], and all these things will be given to you also.

~bella

Upvote 0