toolite

Jul 1, 2008
Orlando, Florida
✟5,058.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Could some of you either tell me what you think about the 2 witnesses or point me to a thread where you have discussed it?

Thanks and shalom!

I looked at them like slightly above Prophets.. and I say that because of what they were demonstrating.. For me, it shows that even in the end people will kill what was meant to help them.. and be happy about it not realizing that something they needed was planted inside of them..

Glory To God

Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟577,764.44
Faith
Messianic
I looked at them like slightly above Prophets.. and I say that because of what they were demonstrating.. For me, it shows that even in the end people will kill what was meant to help them.. and be happy about it not realizing that something they needed was planted inside of them..

Glory To God
I believe the reason that they are called witnesses rather than prophets is because there is not time frame between their speaking it and it was done.

Upvote 0

Balshan

Nov 12, 2012
✟15,160.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Glory To God

It is hard to understand that the people will see the risen Yeshua and still choose to follow the side of evil in the final battle. It shows how easily deceived humans are.

Would you consider the two witnesses to be more like the 12 apostles spreading the message from the Lord. Is this maybe a sign that two of the apostles could be the witnesses.

Upvote 0

HannibalFlavius

May 15, 2013
Houston
✟5,329.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Revelation 11-Rise and measure the Temple of God{The Temple proper is in two sections}, the alter, and those who worship there. ''But leave out the court which is outside the temple, and do not measure it, For it has been given to the gentiles.

This begins a civil war between the outer court people and the true servants who occupy the two sections of the Temple proper.

Everyone comes into the outer court but there is a huge sign that reads, '' NO GENTILES PAST THIS POINT}. There are no gentiles allowed within the Temple proper.

But our walk with God is that we all approach the outer court and we begin to study and obey God so that one day, we will no longer be considered gentiles.

We get to move into the Temple where the light is and where the bread is in our walk.

Some people move into the Holy of Holies in their walk and are considered Priests of God.

Revelation 11:3 '' And I will give power to my two witness{the ones counted who worship inside the Temple and are considered Israel}.

So we see the outer court people fighting against the Holy place people and the Holy of Holies people.

42 months?

42 takes you to Elijah and Elisha with Elijah's 3 and a half year ministry and it brings to mind the 42 sons of the prophets who were torn by two she bears, I would say this is exactly why 42 is mentions.

The whole story is to bring you into thinking of Elijah and Elisha because the events of those days were only to prophecy of the future.

The two she bears attacking the 42 was showing that the earth and nature itself will come against those who stand in the way of true prophets.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

HannibalFlavius

May 15, 2013
Houston
✟5,329.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Anytime I see the number 42, it screams,'' Ephraim.''

Ephraim is the northern kingdom of Israel known as,'' The lost Ten tribes.''

They were not Jews but Israelis and called,'' The House of Israel'' also.

They were a people who lived beside the Jews but they called the Torah a strange thing and they changed their whole worship system to make it very different than what the Jews worshipped.

Elijah's ministry was not about Jews, his ministry was about these Israelis who lived next to the Jews, who had different Holy days and a different Holy city separate from Jerusalem.

When Elijah came up against the prophets of Baal and called fire down from heaven, the Jews were not there.

Only Ephraim was there and his ten tribes, not the Jews.

So we have a picture of Elijah and Elisha fighting against these Israelis who did not want any part of the Torah, who did not want any part of the feasts of God, and had already lost their identity when the forsook the ways of God.

The she bears tearing the 42 was nature coming against people who claim to be Israel but who act like gentiles{In my opinion}.

Judges 12:5 The Gileadites seized the fords of the Jordan before the Ephraimites arrived. And when any Ephraimite who escaped said,'' Let me cross over,'' the men of Gilead would say to him,'' Are you an Ephraimite?'' If he said,'' No,'' then they would say to him,'' Then say,'' Shibboleth,'' for he could not pronounce it right. Then they would take him and kill him at the fords of the Jordan. There fell at that time 42,000 Ephraimites.

I can't help but think that the 42 sons of the prophets of Ephraim were killed in that number because of the 42,000 of Ephraim that were killed and why Revelation mentions the 42 months as if for 3 and a half years Ephraim will be ravaged, and by speaking of Ephraim in Revelation, I mean that Ephraim are gentiles who were grafted through the promise spoken of Ephraim's return. But many would not agree that Christianity is Ephraim.

Upvote 0