The 2 witnesses in Revelation

yedida

Ruth Messianic, joining Israel, Na'aseh v'nishma!
Oct 6, 2010
Elyria, OH
✟25,205.00
Faith
Marital Status
In Relationship
Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟577,764.44
Faith
Messianic
I know that most people see the two witnesses as two men but could it be something else. For example: the two witnesses relate to the two olive trees. The olive tree in the OT represents the nation of Israel.
The symbolism is there. The reality is that these are two real people who will stand before the world, witnessing and giving the world one last chance to repent of their evil ways.

Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟577,764.44
Faith
Messianic
Two people who heard the call to "come up hither"....
Revelation 4:1
After this I looked, and, behold, a door was opened in heaven: and the first voice which I heard was as it were of a trumpet talking with me; which said, Come up hither, and I will shew thee things which must be hereafter.
Read the scroll of Rev 10 and then come back to break the news to us what it says.. "prophecy again".

Revelation 17:1
And there came one of the seven angels which had the seven vials, and talked with me, saying unto me, Come hither; I will shew unto thee the judgment of the great harlot that sitteth upon many waters:
These two felt the call that this was a special calling for them to answer "Lord, Here I am" and they were taken whether in vision or for real.. I don't know...

Upvote 0

Balshan

Nov 12, 2012
✟15,160.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Two people who heard the call to "come up hither"....

Read the scroll of Rev 10 and then come back to break the news to us what it says.. "prophecy again".

These two felt the call that this was a special calling for them to answer "Lord, Here I am" and they were taken whether in vision or for real.. I don't know...

If you read Revelation 11:3 onwards, it clearly talks about the two witness describes them as two olive trees, two candlesticks. It says that they cannot be harmed and that fire will come out their mouths. They will be killed and then ascend.

However, we have to look to the OT for an understanding of the symbolism, how do you see the symbolism in chapter 11 of Revelation.

Upvote 0

yedida

Oct 6, 2010
Elyria, OH
✟25,205.00
Faith
Marital Status
In Relationship
If you read Revelation 11:3 onwards, it clearly talks about the two witness describes them as two olive trees, two candlesticks. It says that they cannot be harmed and that fire will come out their mouths. They will be killed and then ascend.

However, we have to look to the OT for an understanding of the symbolism, how do you see the symbolism in chapter 11 of Revelation.

I'm sorry that at this hour I cannot recall the exact reference, but the answer to the mystery of the olive trees and candlesticks can be found in Zachariah.

Upvote 0

Balshan

Nov 12, 2012
✟15,160.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I'm sorry that at this hour I cannot recall the exact reference, but the answer to the mystery of the olive trees and candlesticks can be found in Zachariah.

Thanks I will have a look. I was thinking for the candlesticks or Menorahs in Revelation one they represent the believing community and in the OT the olive tree is often symbolic of Israel.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Balshan

Nov 12, 2012
✟15,160.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Thanks I will have a look. I was thinking for the candlesticks or Menorahs in Revelation one they represent the believing community and in the OT the olive tree is often symbolic of Israel.
It would be chapter 4 but still really doesn't give much insight into who the witnesses are going to be interesting post though.

Upvote 0

yedida

Oct 6, 2010
Elyria, OH
✟25,205.00
Faith
Marital Status
In Relationship
It would be chapter 4 but still really doesn't give much insight into who the witnesses are going to be interesting post though.

No, there is nowhere that information is revealed. It is as mysterious as the original waiting for one with the spirit of Elijah to come. No one was able to figure out who that would be either.....We must therefore make sure that we remain of the ones who can hear and perceive......

Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟577,764.44
Faith
Messianic
1.)The hints of candlestick/menorah light connection which are found in the temple
2.)Rev 11 introduction of the people in the temple being counted before the introduction of the two witnesses
3.) The seventy receiving the spirit on Mount Sinai and the two in the camp prophecying.

The two witnesses are not in the temple just as the two in the camp at Mount Sinai were not up the mountain with the rest. ... Is there a parrellel?

Upvote 0

Balshan

Nov 12, 2012
✟15,160.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
No, there is nowhere that information is revealed. It is as mysterious as the original waiting for one with the spirit of Elijah to come. No one was able to figure out who that would be either.....We must therefore make sure that we remain of the ones who can hear and perceive......

Well what we do know they will have power, they will prophesy for 1260 days (wonder if the number is significant), they will be dressed in sackcloth, they are protected, they will have fire come out of their mouth and consume their enemies, they will have the power to shut up the sky, bring drought, turn water in blood and bring plagues (could be why some suggest one of them as Moses).

After their witness is finished they will be killed after 3 and half days they will be brought back to life and ascend. There will be an earth quake and after which one tenth of the city will be destroyed.

Where is this to happen? Is it Jerusalem or a place called Sodom and Egypt?

I think the only thing that we can be sure of their message will be one of repentance and the Good News.

Some people suggest the witness represent a company of witnesses, others Elijah and Moses, others Elijah and Enoch. Elijah seems popular.

Upvote 0

Balshan

Nov 12, 2012
✟15,160.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
1.)The hints of candlestick/menorah light connection which are found in the temple
2.)Rev 11 introduction of the people in the temple being counted before the introduction of the two witnesses
3.) The seventy receiving the spirit on Mount Sinai and the two in the camp prophecying.

The two witnesses are not in the temple just as the wo in the camp at Mount Sinai were not up the mountain with the rest. ... Is there a parrellel?

Could the parallel be that if the people do not repent they will not be allowed into God's presence? Only a few will be chosen, the road is narrow? Or does it mean the Holy City is no longer clean and needs to be clean. The Temple has been contaminated?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟577,764.44
Faith
Messianic
Could the parallel be that if the people do not repent they will not be allowed into God's presence? Only a few will be chosen, the road is narrow? Or does it mean the Holy City is no longer clean and needs to be clean. The Temple has been contaminated?
outer court... definitely needs some work.... or why would there be two witnesses? The temple itself where the people are getting marked, sealed, sanctified, counted, and found worshiping...indicated they will not be martyred, they will not be slaughtered, and they will be under His Wing.

Upvote 0

Balshan

Nov 12, 2012
✟15,160.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
outer court... definitely needs some work.... or why would there be two witnesses? The temple itself where the people are getting marked, sealed, sanctified, counted, and found worshiping...indicated they will not be martyred, they will not be slaughtered, and they will be under His Wing.

There seems to be more questions than answer but it does appear that they are killed in Rev 11:7 and then in Rev 11:11 they come back to life after 3 and half days.

Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟577,764.44
Faith
Messianic
There seems to be more questions than answer but it does appear that they are killed in Rev 11:7 and then in Rev 11:11 they come back to life after 3 and half days.
For the witnesses .. yeah.. they are killed.. for those found in the temple and marked... they appear to have received the seal and will be those who are alive when He returns.. saying "Lo, this is our God, whom we have been waiting for..":clap:

Upvote 0

Balshan

Nov 12, 2012
✟15,160.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
For the witnesses .. yeah.. they are killed.. for those found in the temple and marked... they appear to have received the seal and will be those who are alive when He returns.. saying "Lo, this is our God, whom we have been waiting for..":clap:

Ok I see were you are coming from. I will look into this point.

Upvote 0

Balshan

Nov 12, 2012
✟15,160.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Ok I see were you are coming from. I will look into this point.

Rereading it appears the two witnesses have the power to call down punishments which are the same as the 10 plagues in Exodus.

The survivors are terrified and praise God but are they different to ones who are sanctified.

Upvote 0