Tattoo's??

What about tattoo's? (click up to two choices please)

• They are great

• They are okay if they are Christian-friendly

• It's sinnful to get a tattoo

• I think there should be a forum for them on CF

• I think there should not be a forum for them on CF

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cright

Veteran
Apr 18, 2004
SE Michigan, USA
Visit site
✟17,849.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
In light of the following scriptures, how do you feel about tatto's?
How do you feel about the new forum that promotes/encourages them and allows pictures of them to be posted?

Matthew 5:17-18 (NIV)
17"Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. 18I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished.

Leviticus 19:28 (NIV)
28 " 'Do not cut your bodies for the dead or put tattoo marks on yourselves. I am the LORD .

Thanks for your thoughts.
C

Frankie

Forgiven
May 4, 2004
Earth
✟2,253.00
Faith
Christian
I see nothing wrong with them if they are done tastefully. I have to admit that I don't like the big huge ones or the snake or naked lady ones....those are revolting to me. I do however think that a small cross or heart or flower, or even your childrens names (small letters) is actually quite attractive and I can see the sentimental value behind it.

Frankie

Upvote 0

jenptcfan

My cup runneth over
Jun 15, 2002
✟14,996.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The verse in Leviticus was written about people who were cutting themselves and getting tattoo marks as part of pagan rituals. That's why it says "for the dead". It was their worship of pagan Gods that was the sin, not the tattoos.

That said, I don't have a tattoo, and don't really feel the need to ever have one, but I don't think anything's wrong with them as long as they're tasteful.

Upvote 0

P_G

Pastor - ד ע ה - The Lunch Lady
Dec 13, 2003
North East Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟13,348.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Personally I think it is the non issue of the century

If they are sinful then should we have a fourmn to discuss all manner of sins? And each one independantly? Any one care to post in the New ADULTERY fourmn first? How about MODs ? Care to be a MOD there? ;)

If it is not a sin then how does this lift of Jesus? Sorry I just don't see it gang.

Let us turn our eyes upon Jesus - Look full on his wonderful Face!

Blessings

Pastor George :wave:

Upvote 0

AndrewG

Apr 26, 2004
London
✟7,639.00
Faith
Baptist
The problem with quoting those scriptures and any of the Law in this way is that you then can't be selective you must obey the whole thing. Check your shirt and make sure that it is 100% cotton or wool because the Law declares mixed fabrics offend God. Deut 22:11

This subject along with discussions about ear piercing are simply examples of those Paul fought against who confuse and bind up Christians with the tivialities of the Law instead of setting them free to live by grace

Reactions: jenptcfan
Upvote 0

eldermike

Pray
Site Supporter
Mar 24, 2002
NC
Visit site
✟20,209.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
This is a non-issue.

On another note: Ever wonder what grace sounds like? It's the sound of the rocks hitting the ground when Jesus said: Let the one without sin cast the first stone. Can you hear the rocks hitting the ground as the grip was released and they slipped through the fingers of those that came to throw them? Listen closely, you can hear it.

Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,590.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
On another note: Every wonder what grace sounds like? It's the sound of the rocks hitting the ground when Jesus said: Let the one without sin cast the first stone. Can you hear the rocks hitting the ground as the grip was released and they slipped through the fingers of those that came to throw them? Listen closely, you can hear it.
AMEN! :clap:
tulc(who hears the rocks, usually as they whizz past my head!) :eek:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.