• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Swank Diet for MS

JAM2b

Sep 20, 2014
✟93,117.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Does anyone here have MS and follow this diet, or know someone who does?

I have been trying it for a while, and I do think my overall health has improved some. It is difficult to follow it completely, but I do for the most part. Does anyone else have some feedback on this?

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Does anyone here have MS and follow this diet, or know someone who does?

I have been trying it for a while, and I do think my overall health has improved some. It is difficult to follow it completely, but I do for the most part. Does anyone else have some feedback on this?
On the news just now broadcast,
they have a nutritionists working with ms patients to see how much gut bacteria may affect their immune system and help their overall health.

Over 50 years ago, a nutritionist discovered that by eliminating the allergy in a case of ms, the symptoms of ms disappeared and stayed gone within about 2 or 3 months,
and did not return (i.e. remained symptom free)
as long as the allergen was not introduced again.
This has also been observed to help cancer , migraines, arthritis, and other troubles. (eliminating allergens)

Upvote 0

Hearingheart

May 25, 2016
Midwest
✟86,845.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
I like food and I have difficulty with self control, so when there are foods available that aren't good for me and I eat them, I do notice a difference.

I eat eggs occasionally but for the most part I follow low fat eating. I also eliminated sugars through pastas, breads, potatoes. Dairy is limited to homemade yogurt and occasionally sour cream.

I think the Swank diet is a good one. In addition I try to eat only organic, I use raw milk for the yogurt and sour cream ( I pasturize it myself). The fats that I use the most are almond oil and I eat raw nuts and seeds also. I take a primrose oil supplement. Also B supplements are helpful for me.

Upvote 0