✟8,257.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi everyone,

What does this happen I've have been trough an awful lot of trauma in my life I am trying to loose weight but find it very difficult to do so I am a type 2 diabetic and have other health problems I need more support for weightloss I am trying my best but it's not good enough.
Is their any support I can get through this website I am surely not the only one going through trauma.
I want to be how I used to be 60kg.

Brightest62

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟111,949.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi everyone,

What does this happen I've have been trough an awful lot of trauma in my life I am trying to loose weight but find it very difficult to do so I am a type 2 diabetic and have other health problems I need more support for weightloss I am trying my best but it's not good enough.
Is their any support I can get through this website I am surely not the only one going through trauma.
I want to be how I used to be 60kg.

Brightest62
Hi Brightest62, and welcome to our Christian Forums community. I'm sorry to hear about the challenges you've faced in your life, including dealing with trauma and health issues. It can be a difficult journey, but I want to assure you that you are not alone, a lot of other people struggle with weight loss also. While I do not struggle with this, I struggle with making friends cos of my autism, OCD and ADHD. I said a prayer for you.

First and foremost, let me encourage you with some Biblical verses that speak to hope, perseverance, and God's faithfulness:

• "Blessed is the one who trusts in the Lord, whose confidence is in him. They will be like a tree planted by water that sends out its roots by the stream. It does not fear when heat comes; its leaves are always green. It has no worries in a year of drought and never fails to bear fruit." (Jeremiah 17:7-8)
  • "Not only so, but we also glory in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not put us to shame, because God's love has been poured out into our hearts through the Holy Spirit, who has been given to us." (Romans 5:3-5)
  • "I can do all this through him [Christ] who gives me strength." (Philippians 4:13)

Regarding your weight loss journey, it's understandable that you may feel overwhelmed and need additional support. Here are some practical suggestions:

1. Consider joining a local or online weight loss support group where you can connect with others who are going through similar experiences. You may be able to find such groups on this website or through your healthcare provider.
2. Speak with your healthcare provider about your specific health concerns and any weight loss strategies that may be safe and effective for you, given your diabetes and other health issues.
3. Consider working with a registered dietitian or nutritionist to develop a healthy meal plan that fits your unique needs and lifestyle.
4. Regular exercise, even if it's just taking daily walks, can help improve your overall health and make weight loss more manageable.
5. Pray for strength, wisdom, and encouragement as you navigate this journey. Remember that God is with you every step of the way, and He can give you the grace and resilience you need to overcome challenges and reach your goals.

May God bless you, as you continue on this journey, Brightest62. Please don't hesitate to reach out to other CF members to support or encourage you.

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟569,406.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I have lost a lot of weight on KETO.
Get off sugar and high-carb foods if you can. Reduce your carb intake down to less than 20 for a few days, and then when you enter ketosis, you can jump it up to 30 or 40.
I was 270 and dropped down to 220. It is not really that hard.... I just miss the white bread, pasta, rice, potatoes, and, of course, anything with sugar.
The first 10 pounds or so is water weight, which falls off quickly. Then you (or I) lose a pound and a half a day.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Christoph Maria

Dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return...
Sep 10, 2022
Göteborg, Sweden
✟67,147.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Labour

0f850fba0aced026357cca14c3afc50b_(4).gif

Welcome to Christian Forums!

LORD, those who know you will trust in You.
You have never deserted those who look to You.
Psalms 9:10

"Here is what I am commanding you to do:
Be strong and brave.
Do not be terrified.
Do not lose hope.
I am the LORD your God.
I will be with you everywhere you go."

Joshua 1:9

"Judah, listen to me!
People of Jerusalem, listen to me!
Have faith in the LORD your God.
He'll take good care of you.
Have faith in his prophets.
Then you will have success."

2 Chronicles 20:20

Some trust in chariots.
Some trust in horses.
But we trust in the LORD our God.

Psalms 20:7

Reactions: AlexB23
Upvote 0

Diamond7

YEC, OEC, GAP, TE - Dispensationalist.
Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟75,369.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
I need more support for weightloss
I am sure they have given you a diet and you are having problems to follow the diet they are giving you. I have found that the body has fasting and feasting modes. It is fairly easy to lose weight when we are fasting but the doctors do not like that. So you have to find something that works for you. I lost 160 pound once and the main plan was I only ate once a day. I could only eat for one hour. Which actually is a form of fasting and we do adjust and get use to it over time.

Upvote 0

linux.poet

Electric Nightfall
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2022
Poway
✟207,969.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Welcome to CF! The Fitness, Health, and Nutrition section of the site may be helpful to you on your weight loss journey. There is an accountability thread there which you may be interested in.

In addition, we also have a forum on Trauma, PTSD, and Dissociation which may be helpful to you. Hopefully you can find the help that you need.

• Winner
Reactions: AlexB23
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums