• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Status
Not open for further replies.

goldenviolet

Holy is the Lord God Almighty
Nov 28, 2004
Salem, Oregon
Visit site
✟62,074.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
i went to counselling. it was good after i found the right therepist. the saftey of confidential... the exsperianced knowledge... the ideas in coping/ managing. very much so a blessing. :) gave me things to pracitice, practice, practice. ;) ^_^

Upvote 0

Im-revived

Working for God, through our Lord.
May 5, 2005
England
✟7,494.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
UK-Labour
Excellant goldenviolet, you therefore have become a survivor of it!:amen:

Im-revived
goldenviolet said:
i went to counselling. it was good after i found the right therepist. the saftey of confidential... the exsperianced knowledge... the ideas in coping/ managing. very much so a blessing. :) gave me things to pracitice, practice, practice. ;) ^_^

Upvote 0

Daysoni

****See me, Hear me, Hold me.****
Jan 7, 2006
Tillamook
✟19,561.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
OCD is one of my many so called diagnoses.I was on medication for it until this last week. I felt that it was not helping. My therapist is helping me deal with other issues at the moment and she knows I need this right naw as a coping mechenism. So all though very time consuming for the moment it is mine.

Upvote 0

Daysoni

****See me, Hear me, Hold me.****
Jan 7, 2006
Tillamook
✟19,561.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
ITriedToBePerfect said:
i have not gotten support or help for the following reasons:

1) my parents think that "it's all in my head"

2) i don't think i can face my "demons"

3) i wouldn't know where to go to get help

i am very troubled and sad.. lately i feel like death is the only way out, and i don't to feel this way..
That's the sad thing that alot of people will think that it's all in our head. It's not it's the chemicals in our body that are not funtioning right. It's just that our brain wich is effected by the chemicals is in out head. I can tell you from first hand it is hard to fight your own demons but so worth it. It will be a battle that we may not be strong enough all the time. But each time we can get stronger and the time we spend knocked down will lesson. I don't know what your age is. Here where I'm from and in other areas that I have been to there are community counseling senters they will see you ona sliding fee scale. I had to give up all of my pop drinking so I could pay. It is important to seek the help. I know how crippling it can be. It keeps me from public almost everyday. And I've only been to church 1 in the last 2 months. Call the counseling centers and crisis centers there just might be a place with a sliding fee. I pay $5.00 a visit. I will keep you in my prayers.

Upvote 0

Julianne

All Warm, Fuzzy and Comfortable with God's Love
Jun 8, 2005
Western Australia
✟1,176.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Democrats
I'm going to counselling and it is helping. I'm on medication for my schizophrenia which helps my OCD as well. I'm still doing some counting but it is not as bad before I went on the tablets.. I'm hopefully getting better *crosses fingers*

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.