May 16, 2015
✟121,211.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Rev 19:10 And I fell down before his feet to worship him. And he saith unto me, See thou do it not: I am a fellow–servant with thee and with thy brethren that hold the testimony of Jesus: worship God: for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.
I got to thinking about it again and found that I was prophesying only days after I was born again but had not received the filling of The Holy Spirit. The spirit of Jesus (my regenerated human spirit) was witnessing to the truth in this passage of scripture.
It's a little late to change the title of your thread from "spirit of fJesus to ... "spirit of Christ ..." At the least you could now admit that it should read "Spirit of Christ" as it is now it suggests that the "spirit ot Christ" is like the spirit of man that's open to temptation which is poor postmodernism theology (see Matthew 4:1-11). Thank GOD there are a few translations that Capitalize the personal pronouns of Christ (He, Him ... and His Spirit)

You previouslly said ...
The title and discussion is perfectly fine.
in reply to my post ...
Having read the replies it seems that the title of this thread could have read the following in order to minimize any possible misinterpretation (confusion?) of what the OP was desiring to discuss ...

Discussion: spirit of Jesus and Spirit of Christ differences ...

The OP may believe the "spirit of Jesus" was without the infilling and anointing; whereas not so with the "Spirit of Christ" (therefore differences). Otherwise why would he spell "spirit" uncapitalized and the other "Spirit" capitalized?

It would have been helpful if the OP would conclude by defining "spirit of Jesus" in comparison to "Spirit of Christ". Does the OP believe the "spirit" of Jesus was somehow influenced by the the fallen nature of the "spirit" of mankind?

I don't believve Jesus was ever influenced by the corrupt nature of fallen man; although He was well aware of the condition of mankind. .
Your very recent change in the thread title now gives further insight into why you twice or thrice refused clarification to the inquiry posts by honey badger.

Upvote 0

ARBITER01

Legend
Aug 12, 2007
✟166,165.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Your very recent change in the thread title now gives further insight into why you twice or thrice refused clarification to the inquiry posts by honey badger.

I've never changed the thread title, nor do I have any inclination to do so. So quit arguing about it.

My position is still as such,..

- When we are born again our human spirit is regenerated and changed into a human spirit exactly like Jesus has, hence why we are called His brethren. We were literally purchased and changed by His blood that was applied to our spirit when we were Spiritually immersed into The Holy Spirit. This is why the word "spirit" in the term "spirit of Christ" should not be capitalized in our bibles to avoid confusion of our newly regenerated human spirit with that of The Holy Spirit.

- The Holy Spirit at this point is not deposited into our human spirit, that takes a separate and successive tangible experience of being filled with Him. This is proven when we also receive His gifts and fruits inside us upon that filling of Him. We are changed further into the likeness of Jesus by this event.

- There is an additional step in our Christian walk where we can have The Holy Spirit resting upon us in power, as Jesus promised and demonstrated in HIs ministry down here, but that takes having GOD pour His Spiritual anointing upon our heads first. Without that anointing continually upon our heads, The power of The Holy Spirit will tend to come and go for certain situations rather than being consistently available at all times for GOD to operate through us like He was for Jesus.

The same exact steps are available to us as they were for Jesus, but we must follow His example correctly for GOD to be doing His works through us. Some people only take two steps and quit (being born again and water immersed), they are generally looked at as Protestant. Some people take 3 steps and quit (born again, water immersed, and filled with The Holy Spirit), and they are generally looked at as Pentecostal. But the individual Christian that takes 4 steps is actually operating in power with GOD and has no denomination. He/she is a true mature Son of GOD that is beyond the needless arguments of scripture, and is only concerned with GOD being able to demonstrate Himself through them to His glory/credit.

Ultimately, that is what each of us should attain to, but very few of us ever will.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ARBITER01

Legend
Aug 12, 2007
✟166,165.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Was reading 1 Peter today in church and ran across the familiar section dealing with the subject matter,....

1Pe 1:10 Of this salvation the prophets have inquired and searched carefully, who prophesied of the grace that would come to you,
1Pe 1:11 searching what, or what manner of time, the Spirit of Christ who was in them was indicating when He testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ and the glories that would follow.

My bible I carry around with me is NKJV and that section I posted is from that version. I highlighted those sections that seem to be questionable. Well,..... going to another version, they have it different,....

1Pe 1:10 Concerning which salvation the prophets sought and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you:
1Pe 1:11 searching what time or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did point unto, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glories that should follow them.

That was the 1881 Revised Version of Wescott and Hort.

So what is it?

Well,... we have to look at the Greek a bit to see what is going on,....

1PE1_11.png

There you have it. The word "it" or "he" is not in the Greek. That portion of the passage is neutral and lends itself to adding that word "it", but some translators automatically think the passage is talking about The Holy Spirit and so they change it to "He" just because they don't like a neutral word inserted,.... in other words, a specific bias choice on their part.

If the passage was understood as talking about the human spirit portion of the OT prophets, then the neutral word makes sense, but they don't look at things doctrinally a lot of times,... well most of the time really.

So again, the word spirit in this passage is not to be capitalized since it is talking about their human spirit that was renewed back then.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

AbbaLove

Circumcism Of The Heart
May 16, 2015
✟121,211.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
1Pe 1:11 searching what, or what manner of time, the Spirit of Christ who was in them was indicating when He testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ and the glories that would follow.

My bible I carry around with me is NKJV and that section I posted is from that version. I highlighted those sections that seem to be questionable. Well,..... going to another version, they have it different,....

If the passage was understood as talking about the human spirit portion of the OT prophets, then the neutral word makes sense, but they don't look at things doctrinally a lot of times,... well most of the time really.

So again, the word spirit in this passage is not to be capitalized since it is talking about their human spirit that was renewed back then.
Do you realize you are implying by your thread title ... "spirit of Christ" (instead of "Spirit of Christ") that you were possibly making mischief. You might have had some reason if you had said "spirit of Jesus" implying that before Jesus was anointed as "Christ" (Israel's Anointed Messiah) that "he" wasn't yet "He" having still the "spirit" of fallen/sinful mankind. Yet we know that He (Jesus) never sinned. You yourself know that "He" is the preferred spelling when referring to both Jesus and "Christ".

It's beginning to sound like your theology either is or borderline is "new age theology" (not New Age). You are possibly confused as it sounds like you aren't sure. That's possibly why you posted this thread being you don't know when to capitalize the personal pronouns of "Christ" being He is the Word of God and is God (John 1:1-3, 14) ... The Hebrew Name for God - YAH ... Hebrew Word of the Week - Ahavah ... RTL Words: ʾAHAV (Hebrew: אהב) ... YAH - abbreviation of GOD

ADONAI - I AM That I AM - John 8:58 (NKJV, AMP, GNT, ISV, LSV, NAB, WEB)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ARBITER01

Legend
Aug 12, 2007
✟166,165.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Do you realize you are implying by your thread title ... "spirit of Christ" (instead of "Spirit of Christ") that you were possibly making mischief. You might have had some reason if you had said "spirit of Jesus" implying that before Jesus was anointed as "Christ" (Israel's Anointed Messiah) that "he" wasn't yet "He" having still the "spirit" of fallen/sinful mankind. Yet we know that He (Jesus) never sinned. You yourself know that "He" is the preferred spelling when referring to both Jesus and "Christ".

It's beginning to sound like your theology either is or borderline is "new age theology" (not New Age). You are possibly confused as it sounds like you aren't sure. That's possibly why you posted this thread being you don't know when to capitalize the personal pronouns of "Christ" being He is the Word of God and is God (John 1:1-3, 14) ... The Hebrew Name for God - YAH ... Hebrew Word of the Week - Ahavah ... RTL Words: ʾAHAV (Hebrew: אהב) ... YAH - abbreviation of GOD

ADONAI - I AM That I AM - John 8:58 (NKJV, AMP, GNT, ISV, LSV, NAB, WEB)

I think you are jumping into a thread without proper understanding, and you certainly are not adding anything to the discussion. It is a discussion, not an argument, like you are trying to make this into.

I'm not interested in your viewpoints on this.

Upvote 0

AbbaLove

Circumcism Of The Heart
May 16, 2015
✟121,211.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
I think you are jumping into a thread without proper understanding, and you certainly are not adding anything to the discussion. It is a discussion, not an argument, like you are trying to make this into.

I'm not interested in your viewpoints on this.
You should be interested unless you think your theology is beyond discussion.

The problem is that you're not open to discussing why the "spirit of Christ" in your thread should better have read as the "Spirit of Christ". Just as you wouldn't spell "holy spirit" in instead of "Holy Spirit".

Perhaps your own theology needs to be disussed being you still seem to be justifying "spirit of Christ" in your thread title ... even when you know it should be "Spirit of Christ and Holy Spirit". You may have had a leg to stand on if the thread title were "spirit of Jesus and Holy Sprit. That's if your theology believes the "spirit of Jesus" was influenced enuf by the spirit of fallen man to have sinned before His Anointing (Acts 10:38) by the Holy Spirit for His Ministry.

"how God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and with power, who went about doing good and healing all who were oppressed by the devil, for God was with Him." (NKJV)​

Upvote 0

ARBITER01

Legend
Aug 12, 2007
✟166,165.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
You should be interested unless you think your theology is beyond discussion.

The problem is that you're not open to discussing why the "spirit of Christ" in your thread should better have read as the "Spirit of Christ". Just as you wouldn't spell "holy spirit" in instead of "Holy Spirit".

Perhaps your own theology needs to be disussed being you still seem to be justifying "spirit of Christ" in your thread title ... even when you know it should be "Spirit of Christ and Holy Spirit". You may have had a leg to stand on if the thread title were "spirit of Jesus and Holy Sprit. That's if your theology believes the "spirit of Jesus" was influenced enuf by the spirit of fallen man to have sinned before His Anointing (Acts 10:38) by the Holy Spirit for His Ministry.

"how God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and with power, who went about doing good and healing all who were oppressed by the devil, for God was with Him." (NKJV)​

I've already spent some time explaining my position and the reasoning behind opening this thread a couple of times already, and I don't feel like repeating myself to someone who obviously is not understanding the words coming out of my mouth.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.