Spirit-filled homosexual relationship, is that possible?

B

brightmorningstar

To Texas Lynn,
The "disbelief" is directed toward you, not the Bible. when you say "the Bible means what it says"' ans assert there is a "Biblical case" foir your position, this is your opinion.
that’s just your opinion, the Bible says what is says anyone can see I believe the quotes made mean what they say and you don’t.

In your opinion.
That’s just your opinion, the facts speak for themselves. or am I to interpet what you said means you think same sex unions are error?

The meaning of which as you see it is your opinion. You as an individual have no authority whatsoever.
That’s just your opinion, my opinion is that it means what it says. What do you think it means in your opinion and interpretation?

Upvote 0

Texas Lynn

Dec 17, 2002
Brooklyn, NY
✟14,982.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
To Texas Lynn,
that’s just your opinion, the Bible says what is says anyone can see I believe the quotes made mean what they say and you don’t.

That’s just your opinion, the facts speak for themselves. or am I to interpet what you said means you think same sex unions are error?

That’s just your opinion, my opinion is that it means what it says. What do you think it means in your opinion and interpretation?

I don't understand your points. So you admit what you said is your opinion and what I said is my opinion and that's okay? If so, good.

Upvote 0
B

brightmorningstar

Getting back to the thread title, we know about the Holy Spirit from the Bible, He is not something men have made up, unless one believes the Bible is simply human ideas, but something God has imparted and poured out through Jesus Christ. But the Holy Spirit leads us in truth (John 14-17), Jesus is the truth, and reminds us of all Jesus taught. Now all Jesus taught is recorded by the same apostles and disciples who wrote about the Holy Spirit.
Having established that, we know that we can either be lead by the Spirit or not, as James says, one minute we prasie God with our lips the next we curse. So it is possible for anyone whether 'homosexual' or 'heterosexual' to be lead by the Spirit at times and yet fall short and committ adultery or same sex acts. However a 'spirit filled same sex sexual relationship' is an oxymoron.

Upvote 0

KCKID

Jan 12, 2008
Australia
✟4,479.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Getting back to the thread title, we know about the Holy Spirit from the Bible, He is not something men have made up, unless one believes the Bible is simply human ideas, but something God has imparted and poured out through Jesus Christ. But the Holy Spirit leads us in truth (John 14-17), Jesus is the truth, and reminds us of all Jesus taught. Now all Jesus taught is recorded by the same apostles and disciples who wrote about the Holy Spirit.
Having established that, we know that we can either be lead by the Spirit or not, as James says, one minute we prasie God with our lips the next we curse. So it is possible for anyone whether 'homosexual' or 'heterosexual' to be lead by the Spirit at times and yet fall short and committ adultery or same sex acts. However a 'spirit filled same sex sexual relationship' is an oxymoron.

So, after having read most of your posts for the past several months I can only assume that you believe yourself to be 'Spirit-filled'. I mean, you keep telling us who CANNOT be 'Spirit-filled' so YOU must be 'Spirit-filled' ...correct? Question: Can you prove that you are 'Spirit-filled' by means other than mere self-righteous words? I would also ask the same of Zaac.

Upvote 0
B

brightmorningstar

To KCKID,
Originally Posted by brightmorningstar

So, after having read most of your posts for the past several months I can only assume that you believe yourself to be 'Spirit-filled'. I mean, you keep telling us who CANNOT be 'Spirit-filled' so YOU must be 'Spirit-filled' ...correct?
how about you address what I wrote instead of trying to judge people?

Question: Can you prove that you are 'Spirit-filled' by means other than mere self-righteous words? I would also ask the same of Zaac.
Judge for yourself, I've given the evidence.

Upvote 0

KCKID

Jan 12, 2008
Australia
✟4,479.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
KCKID said:
So, after having read most of your posts for the past several months I can only assume that you believe yourself to be 'Spirit-filled'. I mean, you keep telling us who CANNOT be 'Spirit-filled' so YOU must be 'Spirit-filled' ...correct?
how about you address what I wrote instead of trying to judge people?
Who is judging? I simply asked you a question.

KCKID said:
Question: Can you prove that you are 'Spirit-filled' by means other than mere self-righteous words? I would also ask the same of Zaac.
Judge for yourself, I've given the evidence.
Make up your mind. You just asked me NOT to judge. Be that as it may, I have no idea whether or not you're 'Spirit-filled'. Precisely WHAT is the evidence that you've given? ...that you can persistently present 'appropriate' print from the Bible with which to allegedly 'make your case'?

Upvote 0

Zaac

Nov 19, 2004
Atlanta, GA.
✟12,748.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single

Can you prove that we're not by any means? Like every person in this forum and throughout the world who try and try to justify homosexual sin, you got a problem with God's Word. And anyone who stands firmly on God's Word, yall have a problem with.

My Bible tells me 11"Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me. 12Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you. Matthew 5:11-12

My Bible also tells me 20Remember the words I spoke to you: 'No servant is greater than his master.' If they persecuted me, they will persecute you also. If they obeyed my teaching, they will obey yours also. 21They will treat you this way because of my name, for they do not know the One who sent me John 15:20-21

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

OllieFranz

Jul 2, 2007
✟23,548.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Can you prove that we're not by any means? Like every person in this forum and throughout the world who try and try to justify homosexual sin, you got a problem with God's Word. And anyone who stands firmly on God's Word, yall have a problem with.

Well, it's a good thing that I don't try to justify homosexual sin, then. Homosexuaul adultery is just as sinful as heterosexual adultery. Homosexulal rape is just as sinful as heterosexual rape. Homosexual prostitution is just as sinful as heterosexual prostitution. And Homosexual marital relations are just as sinful as heterosexual marital relations. Oh wait, marital relations are not sinful.

Upvote 0

KCKID

Jan 12, 2008
Australia
✟4,479.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
My mind was made up before I showed you the evidence. (John 14) The Spirit reminds me of what Jesus taught. I have shown you what Jesus taught.

What is going on here? If the Spirit is reminding you of what Jesus taught then that would have nothing to do with homosexuality since Jesus said nary a word about it. The problem here seems to be that your supposed 'head knowledge' of selective print from a book that YOU believe IS God over-rules your 'heart condition'.

As I've mentioned a number of times - and I believe that I'm as led by the Holy Spirit as you believe that you are - one's bedroom habits should not even be an issue in regard to how 'Spirit-filled' one might be. I personally don't care to know about the intimate practices of others ...I really don't! Furthermore, I believe the thread title to be a fairly arrogant one anyway since it implies that some actually believe that THEY are more 'Spirit-filled' than others. To be honest, the arrogance and the self-righteousness of some on this subforum is starting to get to me. If anything, I am more 'anti anti-gay' than I was when I first joined. I find Christian arrogance and smugness to be far more a GLARINGLY obvious sin than I do the alleged sin of homosexuality.

Upvote 0

Texas Lynn

Dec 17, 2002
Brooklyn, NY
✟14,982.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
To Texas Lynn,
Interesting that you dont now understand my interpretation once it doesnt match what had been written, that is how we see your 'interpretation' of the Biblical texts.

I'm sorry, this doesn't make any sense. And the use of the editorial "we" is what appears to be just a rather thinly disguised attempt at bullying.

Upvote 0

Texas Lynn

Dec 17, 2002
Brooklyn, NY
✟14,982.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
The farcical situation here is that if the thief adopted the same logic and the gay thinking they would say to 1 Corinthians 6:10 "nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God." thats just your interpretation, it doesnt mean theft is wrong.

The difference is theft is a net social ill; LGBT relationships are a net social good.

BTW, by that definition, then, we can safely conclude the Rev. Jerry Falwell is deservedly roasting in hayall because he is a documented "slanderer" given his cruel comments against those he disrespected after the 9-11 attacks.

Upvote 0

Zaac

Nov 19, 2004
Atlanta, GA.
✟12,748.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
The difference is theft is a net social ill; LGBT relationships are a net social good.

No they aren't. And God did not decide that sin is sin based upon the net social effect. Where do yall come up with some of this stuff?

BTW, by that definition, then, we can safely conclude the Rev. Jerry Falwell is deservedly roasting in hayall because he is a documented "slanderer" given his cruel comments against those he disrespected after the 9-11 attacks.

By his testimony of having placed his faith in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior, you can safely conclude that he is in the presence of GOD.:amen:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

KCKID

Jan 12, 2008
Australia
✟4,479.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
No they aren't. And God did not decide that sin is sin based upon the net social effect. Where do yall come up with some of this stuff?

By his testimony of having placed his faith in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior, you can safely conclude that he (Jerry Falwell) is in the presence of GOD.:amen:

Actually, since you claim to uphold the Bible above all else you SHOULD know that J.F. is presently 'sleeping' in his grave awaiting the resurrection at the second coming of Jesus!

Upvote 0
B

brightmorningstar

To KCKID,
What is going on here? If the Spirit is reminding you of what Jesus taught then that would have nothing to do with homosexuality since Jesus said nary a word about it.
The Spirit reminds me that Jesus NT teaching says same sex unions are error and God created woman for man to be united. Therefore the Spirit leads me in truth to know same sex unions which you call homosexual, are error.

As I've mentioned a number of times - and I believe that I'm as led by the Holy Spirit as you believe that you are - one's bedroom habits should not even be an issue in regard to how 'Spirit-filled' one might be.
I don’t see how you can be, as if you were reminded of what Jesus taught Matt 19, 1 Cor 6-7, Romans 1 etc, you would know same sex unions are error. As you are offering opinions I would suggest the arrogance and self righteousness is yours as you don’t humble yourself to Jesus Christ’ s NT teaching.

To be honest, the arrogance and the self-righteousness of some on this subforum is starting to get to me. If anything, I am more 'anti anti-gay' than I was when I first joined. I find Christian arrogance and smugness to be far more a GLARINGLY obvious sin than I do the alleged sin of homosexuality.
Which just confirms my feeling that the promotion of same sex unions is even more anti-Christian than un-Christian.

Upvote 0
B

brightmorningstar

To Texas Lynn,
I'm sorry, this doesn't make any sense. And the use of the editorial "we" is what appears to be just a rather thinly disguised attempt at bullying.
Well I am sorry I cant make it any plainer, perhaps if we ask others such as Zaac whether they can understand it?

The farcical situation here is that if the thief adopted the same logic and the gay thinking they would say to 1 Corinthians 6:10 "nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God." thats just your interpretation, it doesnt mean theft is wrong.
But that’s just your opinion again as opposed to mine, I have laid out why I think both theft and same sex unions are a social ill.

Upvote 0

Texas Lynn

Dec 17, 2002
Brooklyn, NY
✟14,982.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
No they aren't.

Well, that may be your opinion.

And God did not decide that sin is sin based upon the net social effect.

God's "decisions" on these matters are unknown to all. Humankind determines such things.

Where do yall come up with some of this stuff?

I assume this is a rhetorical question.

By his testimony of having placed his faith in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior, you can safely conclude that he is in the presence of GOD.:amen:

Only if all LGBT Christians are also. Because the conclusive evidence of his henious sins which he committed willfully are overcome by grace, and so also it is with those of whom you do not approve.

Upvote 0

Texas Lynn

Dec 17, 2002
Brooklyn, NY
✟14,982.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
To Texas Lynn,
Well I am sorry I cant make it any plainer, perhaps if we ask others such as Zaac whether they can understand it?

Normally in such cases the poster seeks to explain their meaning.

But that’s just your opinion again as opposed to mine, I have laid out why I think both theft and same sex unions are a social ill.

You have provided no reasonable explanation for same. And by your logic as noted above, Religious right leaders like Revs. Falwell and d. James Kennedy are roasting in eternal fire.

Upvote 0