Spirit-filled homosexual relationship, is that possible?

Dogbean

Matt 7:24-27 - Standing on the Rock
Jun 12, 2005
Monterey, CA
✟10,262.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Politics
US-Republican
Anyone that has indeed been saved is glad to share it <staff edit>.

One of the things we need to remember is at the end of Matthew Jesus Himself told believers to spread His gospel message around the world, making disciples and baptizing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

Zaac

Nov 19, 2004
Atlanta, GA.
✟12,748.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
First of all: Let me say that the headline of the topic does not mean that I say "This is not possible" because I use a "?", but I really got curious about this questions, because I've seen a lot of debates about what is and is not in the bible. And as Christians it is not a book we are following, but the living God, by the Spirit that he give to them that follow Him.

As Christians, we need to be very careful about opening the door for confusion. The Bible is the inerrant Word of God, and presenting it as anything less opens the door for confusion which breeds sin. And God does not author confusion.

I know that the Holy Spirit were given to the unclean, and that the first Christian Jews were shocked about this, so I am curious: Is someone living in a homosexual relationship and feel free to live like that by the Spirit of God?

No. The Word of God says 24If a kingdom is divided against itself, that kingdom cannot stand. 25If a house is divided against itself, that house cannot stand. Mark 3:24-25 The Holy Spirit delivers truth. As such, the Holy Spirit is not going to direct anyone into sin because that is contrary to the nature of God.

That would really clear up the whole debate I guess. If any homosexuals that are living in a relationship with the same sex, then who are anyone to blame them, if they say they have the Spirit and are following the Spirit.

If this topic get ignored, then I guess that is a answer too.

Pick a sin. Any sin. There has never been any doubt that anyone following a HOLY GOD is not following the deliverer of truth when CHOOSING to sin.

Upvote 0
B

brightmorningstar

Hi Polycarp1,

BMS, in view of the fact that we've found a bit to agree upon recently, and without trying to "play Mod.", may I respectfully request that if you wish to debate issues dividing Anglicans, you either take it to STR or to Denomination-Specific Debates?
Yes no problem, I had no wish to debate it hear, it was just an example to back up what I explained. I see however you are keen to follow it up.

Indeed, my evidence was that they didn’t attend not why and my point remains.

Upvote 0
B

brightmorningstar

To Texas Lynn,
God is not well-served by harrassment of others regarding their salvation or the lack of it. It is between each individual and God; no third parties have any standing in the matter and the ensuing finger-wagging in which they engage is most unfortunate
Depends what you mean. What do you mean?

I&#8217;m guessing but I guess you wouldn&#8217;t see telling someone that unless they repent they will die is harassment? God did through His prophets, through Jesus and through His apostles.

Upvote 0

Texas Lynn

Dec 17, 2002
Brooklyn, NY
✟14,982.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
As Christians, we need to be very careful about opening the door for confusion. The Bible is the inerrant Word of God, and presenting it as anything less opens the door for confusion which breeds sin. And God does not author confusion.

Biblical inerrancy was never the standard of historical Christianity. Christian fundamentalism was a creation of the late 19th Century for the purpose of exercising power and control over others. No one has any authority whatsoever to demand political correctness from others. The fact is some Christians believe homosexuality is a sin and some don't and no one has any authority to claim either position is unacceptable to God because no mortal is God.

Upvote 0

Texas Lynn

Dec 17, 2002
Brooklyn, NY
✟14,982.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
To Texas Lynn,
Depends what you mean. What do you mean?
I’m guessing but I guess you wouldn’t see telling someone that unless they repent they will die is harassment? God did through His prophets, through Jesus and through His apostles.

There are no "prophets of God" walking the earth today.

As to those "Christians" who see it as their mission to harass others to repent, they need to be looking in the mirror, not out the window. They possess no authority whatsoever over others and any attempt to claim such is entirely illegetimate. Loudmouths attacking homosexuals in this regard need to be addressing their own salvation or lack of it. The Fred Phelps and Michael Marcavages of today do not serve the Lord with their shameful behaviors, merely their own egos.

Upvote 0

Zaac

Nov 19, 2004
Atlanta, GA.
✟12,748.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Biblical inerrancy was never the standard of historical Christianity. Christian fundamentalism was a creation of the late 19th Century for the purpose of exercising power and control over others. No one has any authority whatsoever to demand political correctness from others. The fact is some Christians believe homosexuality is a sin and some don't and no one has any authority to claim either position is unacceptable to God because no mortal is God.

Folks are gonna deny the absolute truth of God's Word until they are standing before His throne in judgment.

His Word given by Him says that the committing of homosexual acts is sin. End of story. Folks can disagree till they are blue in the face. But God said it. And that's the end of that story. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Dogbean
Upvote 0

Zaac

Nov 19, 2004
Atlanta, GA.
✟12,748.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
There are no "prophets of God" walking the earth today.

As to those "Christians" who see it as their mission to harass others to repent, they need to be looking in the mirror, not out the window.

If Jesus called people to repentance, what makes you think that the mission of the CHristian is any less?

They possess no authority whatsoever over others and any attempt to claim such is entirely illegetimate. Loudmouths attacking homosexuals in this regard need to be addressing their own salvation or lack of it. The Fred Phelps and Michael Marcavages of today do not serve the Lord with their shameful behaviors, merely their own egos.

You're obviously someone who has no idea what Christ has called the Saints to do. DOn't confuse the Fred Phelps of the world with the call of Christ.

Reactions: Dogbean
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Dogbean

Jun 12, 2005
Monterey, CA
✟10,262.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Politics
US-Republican
If Jesus called people to repentance, what makes you think that the mission of the CHristian is any less?
Jesus told them to spread the word. It's called "The Great Commission" and it appears at the end of Matthew. So if Christians are guilty of harrassment, then Jesus Himself was as well, because He called people to repentence as well.

Upvote 0

Zaac

Nov 19, 2004
Atlanta, GA.
✟12,748.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Jesus told them to spread the word. It's called "The Great Commission" and it appears at the end of Matthew. So if Christians are guilty of harrassment, then Jesus Himself was as well, because He called people to repentence as well.

And all God's people said :amen:

Upvote 0

KCKID

Jan 12, 2008
Australia
✟4,479.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Texas Lynn said:
Girl, all I'm hearing is blah, blah, blah, blah. ^_^

Your laughing smiley indicates smugness, Zaac. Not very Christian, my friend.

Folks are gonna deny the absolute truth of God's Word until they are standing before His throne in judgment.

What you say above implies that YOU believe that you ARE God, Zaac. Do you not realize that?

'The absolute truth of God's word' would have you executing disobedient children. It would have you doing MANY things that would be against the grain of any decent person. How do you answer that intelligently and logically?

His Word given by Him says that the committing of homosexual acts is sin. End of story. Folks can disagree till they are blue in the face. But God said it. And that's the end of that story. :)

A smug smiley icon again. We can't know WHAT God said from the Bible with any accuracy because the authors of the Bible were human. So, it's all purely conjecture. But, again, as long as you believe this so implicitly then you really should be out there rounding up disobedient kids for execution. Oh, and don't forget to keep the Sabbath this weekend. It begins Friday sundown and ends Saturday sundown. The Sabbath is a memorial of God's Creation. It is NOT to be rejected. To do so incurs the death penalty! And, Creation was NOT an event that occurred merely for the Jews. What will YOU say to God about disobeying the 4th-commandment when YOU stand before Him?

Reactions: Texas Lynn
Upvote 0

Zaac

Nov 19, 2004
Atlanta, GA.
✟12,748.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single

Oh pish posh. That laughing smiley can represent whatever your mood wants it to mean. ^_^

What you say above implies that YOU believe that you ARE God, Zaac. Do you not realize that?

What I realize is that is the jump you want to make to attempt to make a point. I don't imply things that I can just as easily say.
confused-smiley-013.gif

'The absolute truth of God's word' would have you executing disobedient children. It would have you doing MANY things that would be against the grain of any decent person. How do you answer that intelligently and logically?

Again, pish posh and evidence that you either lack discernement of God's Word or you're again grasping at straws to attempt to make a very weak point.

A smug smiley icon again. We can't know WHAT God said from the Bible with any accuracy because the authors of the Bible were human.

Again the mood of that smiley was dictated by what your mood interpreted it to be.

You might not be able to know. But I sure can.

So, it's all purely conjecture.

Might be conjecture on your part. The God I serve is capable of maintaining His Word.:)

But, again, as long as you believe this so implicitly then you really should be out there rounding up disobedient kids for execution. Oh, and don't forget to keep the Sabbath this weekend. It begins Friday sundown and ends Saturday sundown. The Sabbath is a memorial of God's Creation. It is NOT to be rejected. To do so incurs the death penalty! And, Creation was NOT an event that occurred merely for the Jews. What will YOU say to God about disobeying the 4th-commandment when YOU stand before Him?

It's almost funny, but obviously sad, how folks who don't trust in God's Word as His Word are always taking issue with what they lack discernment for, and really expect any Christian worth a grain of salt to take anything they say seriously.^_^

Upvote 0
B

brightmorningstar

that is just a baseless and false accusation against what seems to be true Christianity. Jesus NT teaching is that we are bought at a price, 1 Cor 6:20, 7:23, the old self is gone and we are a new creation, Romans 6:6, Ephesians 4:22, Colossians 3:9. Homosexual practice is a sin, Gen 2, Gen 19, Matt 19, Mark 10, Eph 5, 1 Cor 6-7, Romans 1 etc, becuase its contrary to God's creation purpose and pronoced error.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Dogbean

Jun 12, 2005
Monterey, CA
✟10,262.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Politics
US-Republican
that is just a baseless and false accusation against what seems to be true Christianity. Jesus NT teaching is that we are bought at a price, 1 Cor 6:20, 7:23, the old self is gone and we are a new creation, Romans 6:6, Ephesians 4:22, Colossians 3:9. Homosexual practice is a sin, Gen 2, Gen 19, Matt 19, Mark 10, Eph 5, 1 Cor 6-7, Romans 1 etc, becuase its contrary to God's creation purpose and pronoced error.
Good post; very scripturally grounded. The only way to argue a post like this is to deny the Bible itself. If you stand on the rock, you won't be beaten down when the storms come. It must stink to be in the quicksand with nothing absolute to stand on.

Upvote 0

Zaac

Nov 19, 2004
Atlanta, GA.
✟12,748.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Good post; very scripturally grounded. The only way to argue a post like this is to deny the Bible itself. If you stand on the rock, you won't be beaten down when the storms come. It must stink to be in the quicksand with nothing absolute to stand on.

Which has been my point all along. Ain't no need to go back and forth about right and wrong with anyone who doesn't hold God's PERFECT Word as the standard.

Upvote 0

Texas Lynn

Dec 17, 2002
Brooklyn, NY
✟14,982.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

A smug smiley icon again. We can't know WHAT God said from the Bible with any accuracy because the authors of the Bible were human. So, it's all purely conjecture. But, again, as long as you believe this so implicitly then you really should be out there rounding up disobedient kids for execution. Oh, and don't forget to keep the Sabbath this weekend. It begins Friday sundown and ends Saturday sundown. The Sabbath is a memorial of God's Creation. It is NOT to be rejected. To do so incurs the death penalty! And, Creation was NOT an event that occurred merely for the Jews. What will YOU say to God about disobeying the 4th-commandment when YOU stand before Him?

Those who want their god to be overcome with illogic and meanspiritedness like they are are not ones to have a reasoned view of their own shortcomings, my friend. they are highly selective in their application of supposed Biblical literalism. Pointing out their inconsistency and illogic generally falls on deaf ears.

Upvote 0

Texas Lynn

Dec 17, 2002
Brooklyn, NY
✟14,982.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
that is just a baseless and false accusation against what seems to be true Christianity.

The "true Christian" argument is as baseless as the "No True Scotsman" shibboleth. Moreover, you propose a version of "True Christianity which was not practiced generally for the first 1900 years of the history of the faith.

Jesus NT teaching is that we are bought at a price, 1 Cor 6:20, 7:23, the old self is gone and we are a new creation, Romans 6:6, Ephesians 4:22, Colossians 3:9. Homosexual practice is a sin, Gen 2, Gen 19, Matt 19, Mark 10, Eph 5, 1 Cor 6-7, Romans 1 etc, becuase its contrary to God's creation purpose and pronoced error.

Use of run-on sentences and elastic assertions from scripture out of context proves nothing except that you know the citations for a few verses.

Upvote 0

Zaac

Nov 19, 2004
Atlanta, GA.
✟12,748.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Those who want their god to be overcome with illogic and meanspiritedness like they are are not ones to have a reasoned view of their own shortcomings, my friend. they are highly selective in their application of supposed Biblical literalism. Pointing out their inconsistency and illogic generally falls on deaf ears.

You sound like some angry high school cheerleader. God isn't gonna change the meaning of His Word just because liberals think He is mean.

Upvote 0