Oct 21, 2007
Held
✟20,741.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Blessings to all ...

Ultimately, by the grace of God, I was inspired to the Coptic Othodox Church where I found the same faith as I found in the writings of the early Church.

Peace and Love to all

David

Dear David,

Welcome, it is great to have you here. May you be edified by your time here with us - and may we be so by your presence here.

In Christ,

Anglian

Upvote 0

davidlazarus

Mar 9, 2008
Visit site
✟7,616.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
... May you be edified by your time here with us ...

Thank you Anglian, may I say that in the few posts I have read so far, I have already been edified greatly. I pray the Lord allows me to be so edifying to others

Peace and love to all.

Dave

Upvote 0

Anglian

let us love one another, for love is of God
Oct 21, 2007
Held
✟20,741.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Greetings all!

I am Metropolitan +Samuel of The American Orthodox Catholic Church. Our primary Apostolic lineage comes through the Orthodox Church of Ethiopia and Abuna Basilios.

Your Grace,

It is an honour to have you here. We are edified by your presence. Welcome.

In peace,

Anglian

Upvote 0

Globalnomad

Senior Veteran
Apr 2, 2005
Change countries every three years
✟16,257.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Hello everyone, I post here occasionally and some of you know me from the Roman Catholic forum, but perhaps I'd better sum myself up.

I am a Roman Catholic married to a Copt Orthodox, and I am tremendously impressed by the faith and courage I find in the CO Church. I keep learning about it, and although there are things I disagree with, they are not more, or more serious, than the things with which I disagree in the Catholic Church!!! So I intend to remain a Catholic, but please consider me a true friend.

I am originally from Central Europe. I work for the UN in an African country.

Upvote 0

copticorthodoxy

Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2005
✟25,993.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Hello everyone, I post here occasionally and some of you know me from the Roman Catholic forum, but perhaps I'd better sum myself up.

I am a Roman Catholic married to a Copt Orthodox, and I am tremendously impressed by the faith and courage I find in the CO Church. I keep learning about it, and although there are things I disagree with, they are not more, or more serious, than the things with which I disagree in the Catholic Church!!! So I intend to remain a Catholic, but please consider me a true friend.

I am originally from Central Europe. I work for the UN in an African country.

You are welcome in the Orthodox forum

Upvote 0

Anglian

Oct 21, 2007
Held
✟20,741.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Dear Globalnomad,

You are most welcome here. As you know, I post fairly frequently in parts of OBOB, and I hope your reception here is as courteous and Christian as mine is there.

I always find our Catholic brothers and sisters a source of inspiration and edification. The Catholic Church does a great deal to witness to Christ in this world, and all things that bring our two great Churches closer are to be welcomed.

In peace,

Anglian:wave:

Upvote 0
Jul 23, 2007
✟15,130.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Greeting's to all in the name of Jesus Christ,

My name is Daniel, and my family, Wendy my wife and Sarah my daughter where baptized into the coptic church when i was 29 years old, about 2 years ago, we are Austrilian by birth and back ground, and Love Jesus with all our hearts, May he grant us repentance and obedience to do His will. Amen.

ps i was baptized at St Anthony's & St Pauls Coptic Orthodox Church in Guildford,and was given the Name Macarius,Wendy was baptized Mary Sophia and Sarah was baptized Mary marina.

May The Lord Bless all My brothers and Sister in all the world.

Daniel

Upvote 0

Anglian

Oct 21, 2007
Held
✟20,741.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Dear Daniel,

welcome here. It is good to have you with us. The Coptic Church is such a family-centred Christian community that it must have been an especial delight that your wife and your daughter came into the Church with you.

In peace,

Anglian

Upvote 0

copticorthodoxy

Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2005
✟25,993.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Greeting's to all in the name of Jesus Christ,

My name is Daniel, and my family, Wendy my wife and Sarah my daughter where baptized into the coptic church when i was 29 years old, about 2 years ago, we are Austrilian by birth and back ground, and Love Jesus with all our hearts, May he grant us repentance and obedience to do His will. Amen.

ps i was baptized at St Anthony's & St Pauls Coptic Orthodox Church in Guildford,and was given the Name Macarius,Wendy was baptized Mary Sophia and Sarah was baptized Mary marina.

May The Lord Bless all My brothers and Sister in all the world.

Daniel

Welcome brother

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Rahm

Give 'em Heaven
Jan 10, 2008
Green Bay, Wisconsin
✟33,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Hello brethren. I just wanted to sign in and become a part of your community if that is permitted. Though I am coming out of a protestant background, I must confess that the faith and testimony of the CO Church continues to edify and challenge me. Indeed, Saint Antony the Great has been taught me much about humilty and faith towards our Lord Jesus Christ.

Upvote 0

Rahm

Give 'em Heaven
Jan 10, 2008
Green Bay, Wisconsin
✟33,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Yeah I'm exploring all aspects of christendom but have a strong protestant leaning but I just wanted to breathe some life into this dead forum :p

I'm glad you're here--it's been pretty 'deserted' around here! ;)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Rahm

Give 'em Heaven
Jan 10, 2008
Green Bay, Wisconsin
✟33,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Welcome. Yes, it is quiet around here at the moment, but I hope we're still reading and praying.

peace,

Anglian

Thank you for checking in brother. I have always enjoyed reading your posts on CF and have on more than one occasion been inspired by them.

I have an insatiable curiosity with the early church, indeed, it has lead me to become an inquirer into the Apostolic Churches such as the Roman Catholic and Eastern Orthodox Church.

Recently I have have been reading the sayings of the desert fathers, and so far it has affected my outlook on life in avery positive way.

I don't know if it's okay to use this thread or not Anglian, but I was wondering if we could enter into a conversation about these matters?

Upvote 0

Zoness

667, neighbor of the beast
Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2008
Illinois
✟468,399.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Married
I can't even find an Eastern Orthodox church within my hometown, and there isn't one for at least 60 miles let alone an Oriental Orthodox church so unfortunately that is probably out of the mix...

But I would be totally interested in learning about the faith!

Upvote 0

Rahm

Give 'em Heaven
Jan 10, 2008
Green Bay, Wisconsin
✟33,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I know how you feel Zoness. Actually, the nearest EO Church is about 45 minutes away. When compared to the other churches in the area, it is small, more like a house church. Perhaps this is good, as it would enable me to grow closer to those who are their. On the other hand, driving that far in winter would be risky. I did talk to the priest their, and like me, he came out of a protestant background as well as he became convinced through the writings of Apostolic Fathers.

It was through an epistle written by Saint Ignatius of Antioch that I was able to finally grasp the truth regarding the Eucharist. Now, when I read the passages of scripture such as John 6, 1 Corinthians 11, or any of the synoptic gospels that record the time when our Lord Jesus Christ instituted the blessed sacrament that I shake my head in amazement that I didn't grasp this truth before.

Last edited:
Upvote 0