Messenger

Simplicity of Life
Jan 15, 2002
Missouri
Visit site
✟17,227.00
Faith
Christian
Sorry but I wasn't the 1st to say he said he was co-equal. I am just the one who came on trying to make some peace and lighten things up....Souljah asked if he did anything and I said I didn't think they liked him saying he was co-equal....All Souljah had to say is he didn't say such a thing...I don't know why he stated that "so God implanted my wife with sperm." I don't know why this post still even exists when so many posts get trashed if they even so much as say boo...but this thread continues??? I'm not the bad guy here. I wasn't for or against anyone and I said as much....Don't shoot the Messenger! Lighten up! Love and God Bless!

Upvote 0

Iffy

Feb 6, 2002
Brisbane
Visit site
✟15,549.00
Faith
Protestant
I am disappointed to log on to see 6 extra threads from when I first posted last night...only to see they are all posts which could have been PM-ed.

Do not close this thread!

The Bear - Is it okay - with all involved parties' permission - to delete the threads that were only miscommunicating back and forth? It makes it difficult for people who were in the discussion to follow, as the last 6 threads only detracted from the topic!

Discussing

1) Does God know everything?
2) Does God's ominiscient nature permit Josephus's
claim that God chooses to not know our choices?
3) Can no. 2) sit with free will?

Upvote 0

Iffy

Feb 6, 2002
Brisbane
Visit site
✟15,549.00
Faith
Protestant
Josephus if you want to understand the mind of God, and God is indeed intelligent and rational, there is a book very good. ...read the Case for Faith by Lee Strobel, where Lee's interviewee talks about predestination in one of the chapters. I don't have the book with me, sorry. .

I like Case for Faith because the people who reasoned out the questions gave very good reasoning. Also, their reasoning glorified God and showed that while we know some things, others we can only make guesses. And, we always interpret the unclear in the light of the clear.

Following that last sentence, I do know the Bible teaches that God is omniscient. It isn't just His character, it is His nature.

Also, God makes sense, yah?

We talk about God's nature as goodness. We also talk about God's omnipotence. So God can be anything, right? God is also good. Can God be bad? No. Why, if He has the power to be anything?

God can't be bad simply because His nature is goodness.

Does God love us? Yes. Love is only true love if it is not co-erced. So we have free-will for man. Does God know what choices we make? Yes. Because God is all-knowing.
That is God's nature, get it? God cannot deny His own nature. Can God become bad? NO! Because God's nature is goodness.

Can God choose to not know? God can do everything right?
But God's nature is He knows everything!! What you claimed is illogical.

You gave the analogy of God choosing to forget our sins. Is that possible? That in no way contradicts with His omniscient nature. He indeed knows what we have done. But when He forgets, He chooses not to pass judgment on them anymore.

I read what you wrote in Self Torment 2 and couldn't believe my eyes! You claim that God has confined Himself to time, living only in the present and hence not seeing the future. I think that is blasphemy! God is Spirit, and He is everywhere...and the spirit realm is different from our realm. How can you say that? God is infinite, man is finite. Scripture clearly shows again and again that God does not see people, situations and time the way man does. Scripture repeatedly shows that God knows everything.

Will post again after studying Bible.

Upvote 0

TheBear

NON-WOKED
Jan 2, 2002
✟304,171.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Originally posted by Iffy
I am disappointed to log on to see 6 extra threads from when I first posted last night...only to see they are all posts which could have been PM-ed.

Do not close this thread!

The Bear - Is it okay - with all involved parties' permission - to delete the threads that were only miscommunicating back and forth? It makes it difficult for people who were in the discussion to follow, as the last 6 threads only detracted from the topic!

This particular forum is Josephus'. It's up to him what to do with the posts.

Howerver, I want to thank you for trying to get things back on topic. :)

John

Upvote 0

Josephus

<b>Co-Founder Christian Forums</b>
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2000
Kerbal Space Center
✟172,843.00
Faith
Messianic
I&nbsp;got left back on page 5 of this thing.

I am closing this thread because of multiple violations of the forum rules and its goals.

Storm, thank you for giving me a second chance. I ask for your forgiveness for misjudging you as one not to give another a second chance. If you want, I will be glad to answer your question, pending a direct answer from the Holy Spirit - and put into words which He's helped me to understand. I believe God can be understood by even a child, therefore, to a rational adult, he too is comprehendable... that is, if we could think forever. :) (and indeed, we will certainly have the time!)

Iffy,

Thank you for your book recommendation. I currently have The Case for Faith next to my computer bookshelf, and in the basement is the other, Case for Christ also by Lee Strobel. I have read them and enjoyed them very well. I believe as Lee does that there are simple answers to complex problems, as well as complex answers to simple problems - but one can not fully begin to understand without the guidance and lead of the Holy Spirit.

I hope you can see this in my writing. I often write with His hand leading mine. How people interpret them is dependent on the weight of two variables: what is already in their heart towards me, and what the Holy Spirit is nudging them towards. I do not claim exclusivity to knowledge, understanding, ect., etc.; but what I do claim is what I have been all along: God has gifted me with a talent, a leading, an annointing, and blessing; of wisdom to understand Him, to understand His Word, and to communicate His heart - as all Christians should be doing anyway.

If you have a valid question, then I will be happy to point out what I do know.

"You gave the analogy of God choosing to forget our sins. Is that possible? That in no way contradicts with His omniscient nature. He indeed knows what we have done. But when He forgets, He chooses not to pass judgment on them anymore."

I would ask you to seriously consider the implications of God choosing to forget our sin; as this answer was not mine, but one I felt was given by the Spirit himself to share here (and as He often does).

Further on this topic to conclude it, I should mention that my fiancee (who I recently asked to be mine on Saturday) felt she had a revelation that answers this question from another perspective:

That there is no choice. Only righteousness. Anything a part from this is death and sickness. The only option available to anyone is only to do what is Right. What is Wrong is simply a death from what is Right. What is Wrong is a rejection of the only option given to us: the righteousness of God.

anyways... this thread is now closed for obvious reasons. For individual inquires, please feel free to post your questions to me. If you wish to continue to debate in public, rather than discuss this topic with me, then please do so in the public forums.

Thank you, and God bless you; and may His Wisdom guide you into all understanding.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.