USA
✟954,865.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
I had purchased canning supplies more than a decade ago. I even attended some courses on prepping with a friend and we got into it but other priorities came to the front and I lost interest. It's still there but it doesn't mean that it won't happen. I found other ways of preserving and homesteading ways.

I began restructuring the larder two years ago and had an opportunity to see our eating habits up close and how I cook. I don’t care for canned food as a rule. Beyond tomatoes, black beans and coconut milk that’s the extent of my purchases. I’m not the sort to open a can or rely on shortcuts for meal preparation. I prefer variety and creativity its in place.

That’s not to say there isn’t a place for a jar of curry in the cupboard. But I learned how to make the real thing before embracing the cheat and modifying it for our needs. Our weekly forays to the farmers market (sometimes twice) results in a lot of produce with freshness in mind. Living with the land forces you to think differently about food and conveniences.

I spend more time on preparation and planning. That’s probably why we’re healthier, losing weight, sleeping better, and more alert. Getting us off the grid was the first step. Getting the grid out of us was next and we’re nearly there.

In many respects I’ve become a chatelaine. Devising ways to make the most of the bounty and exploring new methods. Whether that’s the medicinal benefits of the three schools of healing (TCM, Ayurvedic, and Western medicine), a fertility diet, or creating an herbal compendium.

There’s a line in Outlander that comes to mind and I’ll paraphrase it. She says some people are born knowing who they are. I would add I’m not finding myself or making peace with me. I’m bringing me to life; the woman inside of me; and these are the ampersands.

While I’ve yet to marry I’m a wife. It’s etched all over me and I’ve accepted it. Maybe that’s the difference? I’m not trying to be a writer, designer, or married. I already am.

Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. As above so below.

I can’t tell you when those words took root and revealed themselves. But I pray you’re blessed by them and take what’s needed for nourishment.

It will be awhile before I post. If we don’t cross paths before the holidays may they be joyous and overflowing with lovingkindness.

God bless you. :)

~bella

• Friendly
Reactions: sampa
Upvote 0

sampa

Veteran
Oct 6, 2006
Midwest
✟126,793.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I have a few moments to write while I wait in the podiatrist office for orthotics adjustment.

don’t care for canned food as a rule. Beyond tomatoes, black beans and coconut milk
Same here.

lot of produce with freshness in mind
This is all great!

That’s probably why we’re healthier, losing weight, sleeping better, and more alert. Gett
I'm so glad for you and your family. Time is the problem with me during this period of so many doctor appointments. Soon hopefully I can focus on that again.

us off the grid was the first ste
I'm glad you were able to go off grid. I have lived very remotely before.

Maybe that’s the difference? I’m not trying to be a writer, designer, or married. I already am.
It's good that you see yourself as the father sees you present and future.

Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. As above so below.
Amen.

It will be awhile before I post. If we don’t cross paths before the holidays may they be joyous and overflowing with lovingkindness
I wish you the same. I will be taking a long break soon as well and beginning of 2023 from here and online dating all year. And much more from social media. My 50th is going to be a year to focus on slowing down, volunteering, growing, connecting and learning. Blessings my friend.

• Friendly
Reactions: bèlla
Upvote 0

linux.poet

Electric Nightfall
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2022
Poway
✟210,672.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Lots of music and journaling are among my frequent go-tos for recovering from things.

I also need to use moisturizer to cope with my acne-prone dry skin. Every day is a battle. I also must frequently wage war against the dirt that seems to attract itself to every surface in my house. So much wiping and vacuuming. I need to buy a mop.

Too much cleaning inspires pull-ups and push-ups, among various other callisthenic exercises for greater strength. It is wise for this fool to avoid running, because my monthly cycle and my knees are faithful to punish me for any high-speed human locomotion I may choose to use.

My diet is determined by my family history and the various health problems that attend my fate. I eat a high-fiber diet because of my family history of colon cancer, and I have found that has improved my digestive comfort significantly. I have also found that frequently drinking cranberry juice reduces my feelings of exhaustion, since my body is perpetually manufacturing new blood. Few things compare to the emotional restoration of a good slice of Costco chocolate cake, however. The additional calories are also welcome, as I am prone to under eating and tend to starve myself when mentally engaged in deep contemplations.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟954,865.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
I will be taking a long break soon as well and beginning of 2023 from here and online dating all year. And much more from social media. My 50th is going to be a year to focus on slowing down, volunteering, growing, connecting and learning. Blessings my friend.

I hope your time away is edifying and produces much fruit and insight. Happy Birthday in advance and have a blessed new year.

Welcome back @linux.poet. I hope you’re well.

@Saucy, I’m glad the surgery went well. I wish you a speedy recovery and the Lord’s keeping in your health.

@Miles, your steadiness is admirable and comforting. I hope you know that. I may expound someday. But for the moment, rest in the knowledge its hard to miss and warms the heart.

God bless you all.

~bella

Upvote 0

Saucy

King of CF
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
Michigan
✟846,656.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I hope your time away is edifying and produces much fruit and insight. Happy Birthday in advance and have a blessed new year.

@Saucy, I’m glad the surgery went well. I wish you a speedy recovery and the Lord’s keeping in your health.

@Miles, your steadiness is admirable and comforting. I hope you know that. I may expound someday. But for the moment, rest in the knowledge its hard to miss and warms the heart.

God bless you all.

~bella
Thank you! God bless you my friend. Glad to see you back around.

Upvote 0

linux.poet

Electric Nightfall
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2022
Poway
✟210,672.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
*stretches arms* Other than a slightly perilous financial situation and needing to go to the optometrist, never better. My life continues upward even as I am becoming more aware of my body's frailties.

@Saucy, praying your for recovery from surgery. From personal experience with them and witnessing my brother go through one of those, surgeries are not pleasant experiences, and my heart goes out in empathy.

Upvote 0

Saucy

King of CF
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
Michigan
✟846,656.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
*stretches arms* Other than a slightly perilous financial situation and needing to go to the optometrist, never better. My life continues upward even as I am becoming more aware of my body's frailties.

@Saucy, praying your for recovery from surgery. From personal experience with them and witnessing my brother go through one of those, surgeries are not pleasant experiences, and my heart goes out in empathy.
Thank you. The pain has been horrible. They normally release people back home the next day but I'm on my 4th day here. I appreciate the prayers.

Upvote 0

sampa

Veteran
Oct 6, 2006
Midwest
✟126,793.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
thank you Bella! Also if we don't cross paths I pray you are blessed and as you can see others have missed you and are glad to see your post also. You are missed:hug:

• Friendly
Reactions: bèlla
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

linux.poet

Electric Nightfall
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2022
Poway
✟210,672.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
The pain has been horrible. They normally release people back home the next day but I'm on my 4th day here. I appreciate the prayers.
Oh dear, now you're in my creative writing teacher's territory of Scary Medical Experiences.

The surgery I had was having my wisdom teeth removed, and my brother had to have a hernia repaired, but for both of those we were home the same day. Suffering and miserable and throwing up from the anesthesia, but at home.

Upvote 0

sampa

Veteran
Oct 6, 2006
Midwest
✟126,793.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Tonight is a redecorate my room for Christmas, and try to carve out time to watch an episode of something, because it's been weeks since I had time for tv.
I love how you are into your interior and decorating. When I have talked with guys in a dating context, I got no feedback and they just thought it's nice that you have your thing. The same with TV, I don't pretty much turn right on and I give myself movie time about once a month. I'm going to pick up a couple DVDs at the library today. No internet kind of keeps things in check too.

Upvote 0

mojoboy31

Kitchen Ninja
Oct 19, 2014
One does not simply give away one's location.
✟244,700.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I love how you are into your interior and decorating. When I have talked with guys in a dating context, I got no feedback and they just thought it's nice that you have your thing. The same with TV, I don't pretty much turn right on and I give myself movie time about once a month. I'm going to pick up a couple DVDs at the library today. No internet kind of keeps things in check too.
It's a fun hobby, honestly, collecting, mixing, matching. For me mostly, it's about color schemes. And it does something for your mood, having a clean, and attractive ambience- makes you feel good just being in the room.

It's also a wonderful excuse to spend money :ahah:

• Friendly
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

sampa

Veteran
Oct 6, 2006
Midwest
✟126,793.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
It's a fun hobby, honestly, collecting, mixing, matching. For me mostly, it's about color schemes. And it does something for your mood, having a clean, and attractive ambience- makes you feel good just being in the room.

It's also a wonderful excuse to spend money :ahah:
I sooooooo agree. I have a vision board and corner in my Den. I keep that corner clean so as to have one energizing space of the house. It helps me to move forward. The living room is where I usually decorate with a little bit of the dining room by season. Also with my windows are open it gives us seasonal ambience to passer bys. And a warm welcome for the occasional visitor.

Reactions: mojoboy31
Upvote 0

mojoboy31

Kitchen Ninja
Oct 19, 2014
One does not simply give away one's location.
✟244,700.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Finally got my room somewhat setup
20221111_002649.jpg

20221111_002824.jpg

20221111_112626.jpg

My nephews LOVE it. They say it looks like Santa's bedroom

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟954,865.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
My 2023 goals are done and divided quarterly. I’ve chosen my word and song of the year. I’ve made a list of challenges I want to target in prayer and I’m trying something different. I’m implementing the Hebrew and pagan calendar for offensive and defensive purposes.

The spiritual climate is worsening and warring against it systematically is best. I’m more attentive to the frequencies within myself and the environment. I’m playing an audio bible while I sleep to recharge my battery. Bathing in the word while resting—when we’re most vulnerable spiritually—is nourishing.

My self-care focus this month is listening. I’m listening to the people I’m called to serve and praying about their struggles. I’m thinking about my voice and response to wrongs and social challenges. And how I can utilize my work to support marginalized people through partnerships, investments, etc.

The scandal was the turning point. It reiterated the necessity for independence and making a difference. I’m expanding my vision and applying my acumen in other places to increase ownership. Helping people achieve financial security isn’t my calling. But my work is an avenue for betterment. I’ll milk it as much as I can.

That may sound odd but this is typically a period of introspection and planning where I look at myself and society and prepare for the coming year.

~bella

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟954,865.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
I’m employing something I forgot to mention. I listen to an inspirational message every morning. Something to nourish my spirit or address a challenge I’m struggling with. It starts the day on the right note.

And I’m more intentional about Shabbat. I listen to a teaching that deepens my understanding of the word and helps me implement its principles. I’ve found my place after a lengthy period of questioning where I belong. I feel more settled now.

Hanukkah’s coming and I’m looking forward to it. We exchange gifts and I try a new recipe. I’m not decorating this year but I’ve figured out a way to celebrate the seasons I’ll implement next year.

~bella

Upvote 0

sampa

Veteran
Oct 6, 2006
Midwest
✟126,793.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I’ve chosen my word and song of the year.
I remember you doing this the previous year. Something I will have to think about.
The spiritual climate is worsening and warring against it systematically is best.
I might agree!
My self-care focus this month is listening. I’m listening to the people I’m called to serve and praying about their struggles.
These are some good self-care implementations that serve you, the Lord and those are around you.

Upvote 0