Seeking God and Divine encounters? (God prompted)

seeker1999-

Feb 5, 2023
Kentucky
✟31,968.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I live in Kentucky. I started working at my job in June 2018 and starting in January of 2020 a man came up to me out of the blue and told me “Jesus loves you”. And I had a handful of strangers talk to me about Jesus. They brought Him up first. I didn’t. It seems to me with most of those strangers is that God prompted them to. Any thoughts? I have been seeking God as well.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Lost Witness

Lost Witness

Ezekiel 3:3 ("Change")
Nov 10, 2022
New York
✟98,986.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I am also struggling to believe that God wants a relationship with me and also doubts.
The LORD does Love you,
which is why you find yourself here..
Seems like he's knocking at the door to your heart.
All you got to do is answer.
"Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.” Revelation 3:20

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Lost Witness

Ezekiel 3:3 ("Change")
Nov 10, 2022
New York
✟98,986.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
"because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes and is justified, and with the mouth one confesses and is saved." Romans 10:9-10

Upvote 0

Lukaris

Orthodox Christian
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2007
Pennsylvania, USA
✟770,481.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
You may want to read the Sermon on the Mount in Matthew 5, Matthew 6, & Matthew 7. Then read Matthew 22:36-40, Luke 6:31-36, Matthew 19:16-19, & Romans 13:8-10.

The thing with the Sermon on the Mount is for us to aspire to. Basic daily living by the Lord’s commandments with our fellow human beings is the step by step way ( see John 14:15-18, Matthew 19:16-19, Romans 13:8-10).

Next, try to get to know Jesus Christ as our Lord & Savior ( see John 1:1-14, Colossians 1. It is the giving of our conscience to God in the Gospel of Jesus Christ which is the function & fulfillment of our living faith ( see 1 Timothy 1:5). We can do this whether we be an astrophysicist or a janitor although the Lord tells us this world is not very nice ( John 16:33).

From here, I would read the Gospel of John.

Reactions: seeker1999-
Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟946,089.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I live in Kentucky. I started working at my job in June 2018 and starting in January of 2020 a man came up to me out of the blue and told me “Jesus loves you”. And I had a handful of strangers talk to me about Jesus. They brought Him up first. I didn’t. It seems to me with most of those strangers is that God prompted them to. Any thoughts? I have been seeking God as well.
Warning...this is a candid comment.

Seeking but not believing? When will you believe? There is a union between you and the adversary because you struggle with loving Jesus Christ of Nazareth and the adversay likes that. A hardened heart is difficult to penetrate but it seems there are those who are willing to try. Will you humble yourself and trust in our Lord? Many do not and keep seeking for a different answer. He is right in front of you....
Blessings.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟330,557.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single

It may or may not be that God prompted them to bring it up with you. But read the story of Apollos of Alexandria at Acts 18:24-19:6.

Upvote 0

Petros2015

Jun 23, 2016
undisclosed Bunker
✟294,015.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I am also struggling to believe that God wants a relationship with me and also doubts.
I have said and thought a lot of curses in my life, more curses than blessings.
Recently, I started reading a book "Wounded by Love" by Saint Porphyrious who talked about his spiritual journey
I would not have known the book, but that someone quoted him on this forum
It had a lot of the answers I needed and you can find much of it online
(the section that effected me the most was "Divine Eros" but I have not finished the book yet)

If I had said 1 curse every day for 50 years that would be 365x50 = 18,250 curses
(I don't know that I cursed every day, sometimes I did not, but sometimes many more than once - the number I think would be roughly right)
Now, don't get me wrong, I believe and am told that I have and was forgiven for the curses and they will not be held against me

But now, in the morning, I am singing the words "God Bless" and "Praise God" or whatever other 2 syllables belong on my lips
By the grace of Christ
To the tune of Amazing Grace for a few minutes
In two minutes it is 60 blessings, and it is easy and a joy to do more than two minutes
This isn't a "formula" or a "ritual"
But for me, it is the start of a relationship
And healing for the curses that came from my lips
And fell on my soul
And if I am given the grace to practice it for a year or more
The balance of my lips from my life will be one of blessings, not curses
And I will be the one most blessed by them
Even as I was before the one most cursed

I guess the point of all this, and much of the point of Wounded By Love, is that relationships are two way, like an electrical circuit.
There is "flow" when they are correctly working. If I showed you a battery and asked you "does this battery want to have a relationship with you"? you would look at me like I was crazy. It's not going to want or not want or reject one and not the other. But... to answer your question which I have only just answered myself, the answer is Yes.

That's what He does.

"Bless, bless and do not curse"
Rom 12:14

Upvote 0

SplendidSeraphim

Spreading love and cookies
Apr 6, 2023
California
✟9,071.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Jesus does love you, a lot. It is kinda hard to grasp this, because we've heard it so much that in some ways it's lost it's amazing meaning. So I'll put it a different way...

God loves you as though you were the only person He died for, as though you were the only person on earth, as though you were the only creature He ever made. He would have gone through His whole passion without changing one single thing if His blood was only shed for you.

He made the stars above and the ground beneath specifically as a gift for you. He gave you animals, sunshine, and fellow humans as a gift to you.

Yes, He loves you

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Unqualified

243 God loves me
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2020
West of Mississippi
✟432,912.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Those people drawed you yes.

God was always my only hope so I became a Christian for 21 years. After much sin he sent me home and away from church. After 8 1/2 years I felt his presence he showed what my life would be if I went to church and if I didn’t. So I wanted to go. I repented of all my sins and the disobedience that got me to this place. And he confronted me with my worst fear. I overcame it with determination and his help. God didn’t lie.

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟577,746.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It is the nature of this fallen world and the devil that you would never hear or perceive the message of God unless it was by God and the Holy Spirit. The human mind and spirit is not set up to receive anything about God if it is not from God. Light only comes from Him, nowhere else. So if you are getting light about God and the gospel, it is only Him extending you an invitation to come.
So as Paul said,

2 Corinthians 5:19-20 KJV
19. To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself,
not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us
the word of reconciliation.
20. Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech
you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God.

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟577,746.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
SavedByGrace3. I can’t be redeemed my username is appropriate. I’ve seared my conscience beyond recovery. Honestly. I can’t repent no matter hard I try. I have anxiety about dying everyday because tomorrow is never promised.
God told me He has reconciled you and your sins have been been taken away. Just accept it and get some peace.

Upvote 0