the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟313,110.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
For reference, Star Trek: Deep Space Nine | Memory Alpha | Fandom

Unless you watched the series, you probably won't have an idea what I'm talking about. Anyway:

I has always been a huge mystery to me why I would see see visions and dreams of this series since birth with uncanny similarity in details, way more than a decade before it even aired and it all began when I was between 2 to 3 years of age.

The most common theme of these dreams is me being a young shapeshifter (Changeling) running away from my root race - the "Founders" or the "Dominion". Or practicing my shapeshifting abilities in the Founder homeworld which is a rogue planet.

Another is being the "Emissary to the Prophets". The "Prophets" being the benevolent "Gods" in the series who "smile upon Bajor and its Emissary"

Some of these dreams bring a major twist to the Deep Space 9 storyline and that the "Timeless Prophets" were from the distant future (past, present, and the future is irrelevant to them anyways). But with the jaw-dropping possibility they were originally the Changelings, the Founders, The Dominion, the big antagonist, the super villains in the series who possibly took the next evolutionary step, left their physical existence entirely for a non-physical one. And we probably have Odo to thank for their dramatic transformation in their sentiment towards "solids" (us).

Ironically, Deep Space 9 have many episodes that challenge the very nature of reality itself, whether we actually live in a real world or a dream or an illusion. In fact, I did meet an old man in one of these dreams telling me that I'm living in a dream, not just once.

The message of the prophets to Sisko in the episodes is a lot more apt to my life's circumstance as if they're actually meant for me, not the fictional Sisko. Even my mom speaks like a "Prophet" after she had stroke. In the series, Sisko's mom is a Prophet.

I don't know why this is happening to me but has led me to question the very nature of existence. What if we're all just dreaming together and Deep Space 9 is actually a "tease". The key to our freedom hidden in plain sight to mock our intelligence or stupidity.

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
possibly telepathy. I recall having similar instances with inventions that came out when I was a kid. Someone, somewhere was so excited for the idea that it broadcasted I guess.

Reactions: timewerx
Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟313,110.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
possibly telepathy. I recall having similar instances with inventions that came out when I was a kid. Someone, somewhere was so excited for the idea that it broadcasted I guess.

There's other works of fiction as well but DS9 stood out the most and the pc game Starcraft 1 and 2. Ironically, Blizzard games including Starcraft II and Warcraft / World of Warcraft would constantly blatantly borrow material from DS9 including the characters and even the instrumental background music.

Not sure this is telepathy, if it did, I'd be reading through specific individuals only at a specific time in the future. First time I watched DS9 was back in 2011 and kept on replaying it until 2012. It was actually a very stressful period for me back in 2011 to 2013. I did happened to play Starcraft 2 and World of Warcraft during those times.

I suppose my deeply stressed mind is possibly channeling info back in time?

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟313,110.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
You do not have your age on your profile, but DS9 aired from 1993 to 1999. More than 20 years ago.

There is a high chance you saw it or read about it and forgot it later.

I was born 1981. I started having these dreams when I was only 3 years old.

I find it somewhat a bit worrisome. The series have many episodes where the characters were trapped into some fake reality and believing it for the real thing, completely fooled by it, at least until they found out it isn't real.

There's even one episode that tells us that everything is a dream that nothing is real.

Unsurprising, I did have one dream where an old man made a bet with me that I'm living in a dream world. He said he'll wake me up and then when I get back to sleep, I'll see him again. And that's exactly what happened. Additionally when I got back to sleep and saw him, the very first thing he said to me was "I told you so".

Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟155,376.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I was born 1981. I started having these dreams when I was only 3 years old.

I find it somewhat a bit worrisome. The series have many episodes where the characters were trapped into some fake reality and believing it for the real thing, completely fooled by it, at least until they found out it isn't real.

There's even one episode that tells us that everything is a dream that nothing is real.

Unsurprising, I did have one dream where an old man made a bet with me that I'm living in a dream world. He said he'll wake me up and then when I get back to sleep, I'll see him again. And that's exactly what happened. Additionally when I got back to sleep and saw him, the very first thing he said to me was "I told you so".
It would be best to consult with some reputable good psychoanalyst, maybe your memory is not working properly, similarly to deja vu misconceptions.

We, random internet folk, cannot say much about your personal experience and mental state. But rational, natural explanations must be considered first.

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟313,110.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
It would be best to consult with some reputable good psychoanalyst, maybe your memory is not working properly, similarly to deja vu misconceptions.

We, random internet folk, cannot say much about your personal experience and mental state. But rational, natural explanations must be considered first.

My memories are working perfectly fine. I always tell my close kin about my dreams and they were surprised when some of the things I told them came to pass in the TV show or in movies.

These unique experiences of mine are not limited to DS9 or any related fiction but in other works of fiction as well but DS9 so far is the most common theme of these dreams.

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
There's other works of fiction as well but DS9 stood out the most and the pc game Starcraft 1 and 2. Ironically, Blizzard games including Starcraft II and Warcraft / World of Warcraft would constantly blatantly borrow material from DS9 including the characters and even the instrumental background music.

Not sure this is telepathy, if it did, I'd be reading through specific individuals only at a specific time in the future. First time I watched DS9 was back in 2011 and kept on replaying it until 2012. It was actually a very stressful period for me back in 2011 to 2013. I did happened to play Starcraft 2 and World of Warcraft during those times.

I suppose my deeply stressed mind is possibly channeling info back in time?
Yeah, it sounds like either telepathy or past self and future self communicating, nothing too much outside of the ordinary since children are sensitive.

Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟317,900.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
For reference, Star Trek: Deep Space Nine | Memory Alpha | Fandom

Unless you watched the series, you probably won't have an idea what I'm talking about. Anyway:

I has always been a huge mystery to me why I would see see visions and dreams of this series since birth with uncanny similarity in details, way more than a decade before it even aired and it all began when I was between 2 to 3 years of age.

The most common theme of these dreams is me being a young shapeshifter (Changeling) running away from my root race - the "Founders" or the "Dominion". Or practicing my shapeshifting abilities in the Founder homeworld which is a rogue planet.

Another is being the "Emissary to the Prophets". The "Prophets" being the benevolent "Gods" in the series who "smile upon Bajor and its Emissary"

Some of these dreams bring a major twist to the Deep Space 9 storyline and that the "Timeless Prophets" were from the distant future (past, present, and the future is irrelevant to them anyways). But with the jaw-dropping possibility they were originally the Changelings, the Founders, The Dominion, the big antagonist, the super villains in the series who possibly took the next evolutionary step, left their physical existence entirely for a non-physical one. And we probably have Odo to thank for their dramatic transformation in their sentiment towards "solids" (us).

Ironically, Deep Space 9 have many episodes that challenge the very nature of reality itself, whether we actually live in a real world or a dream or an illusion. In fact, I did meet an old man in one of these dreams telling me that I'm living in a dream, not just once.

The message of the prophets to Sisko in the episodes is a lot more apt to my life's circumstance as if they're actually meant for me, not the fictional Sisko. Even my mom speaks like a "Prophet" after she had stroke. In the series, Sisko's mom is a Prophet.

I don't know why this is happening to me but has led me to question the very nature of existence. What if we're all just dreaming together and Deep Space 9 is actually a "tease". The key to our freedom hidden in plain sight to mock our intelligence or stupidity.
Memories redact and rearrange themselves every time we access them. From personal experience I attest to how images I have in my memory are reversed (like some of my memories are mirrored).

The problem is that many people are firmly convinced that what they remember NOW is the same as what they remembered THEN.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟313,110.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Memories redact and rearrange themselves every time we access them. From personal experience I attest to how images I have in my memory are reversed (like some of my memories are mirrored).

The problem is that many people are firmly convinced that what they remember NOW is the same as what they remembered THEN.

I share my dreams with my close kin. They were as equally surprised as I did when I showed them the episode.

It was a goose bump moment for all of us.

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟313,110.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Yeah, it sounds like either telepathy or past self and future self communicating, nothing too much outside of the ordinary since children are sensitive.

I'm still getting "future info" until just a couple years ago. I have remained "child-like" in my disposition though.

A lot of adults (most of them Christians) think I don't live in the real world when I'm just trying to live in the way Jesus would want us to live.

Ironically, the past and future communication is one of the central theme in the Emissary's dealings with the Prophets in Deep Space 9. Time simply has no meaning to the celestial Prophets. They exist in the past, present, and the future simultaneously. They sometimes relay prophetic messages through ancient artifacts to the Emissary.

Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟317,900.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
I share my dreams with my close kin. They were as equally surprised as I did when I showed them the episode.

It was a goose bump moment for all of us.
Yeah, but that’s how memories work. There’s lots of people ‘remembering’ things that haven’t happened yet.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟317,900.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Interesting. I hope it happens more often!
You may have missed my point. We don’t actually remember things that haven’t happened yet.

We think or dream about loads and loads of things. Just by chance one or more of those things is bound to happen at some point. But it’s just chance. And when we do get a ‘hit’ we remember it. But all those times we ‘missed’? We forget about them.

Reactions: trophy33
Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟313,110.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
And when we do get a ‘hit’ we remember it. But all those times we ‘missed’? We forget about them.

I've already forgotten many of my dreams about DS9 years before it aired. They're so many and so long ago. Should have kept a dream diary and I didn't which turned out to be a huge mistake.

I've had so many "hits" that I've already forgotten some of the "hits"!!

My dad kept a dream diary of his and one of his dreams was actually related to my dreams about DS9.

I also had many dreams about the fictional planet in DS9, the planet Bajor but with the dream pointing to a different time in the planet's history or future, possibly thousands of years before or after DS9. Often the dreams would be about the "Pah Wraiths" the arch enemy of the Prophets. The most interesting part of these dreams where the "Ancient Bajoran Lingo". They weren't like the ones in the series but are exactly the same as Ancient Egyptian Hieroglyphics.

That's where the mystery deepens and connects to the real world. I did found clues in the Ancient Egyptian myths and even the Bible that seems to point to the DS9 fiction that only brings more questions than answers.

Most of my dreams recently have always been a few things, my late dad and his dad (my grandpa, also passed away) with me and they're pointing towards the sky. An alien or AI invasion (or both!), can't tell them apart in these dreams, the invaders trying to recruit me. My dad and grandpa in these invasion dream seem to be happy about the aliens while everybody else is panicking

And then being in some sort of trance-like state where I'm half awake, I can see my surroundings but some parts of my room have broken down into something that looks like a computer graphics malfunction. It kinda looks like the Matrix if they are "codes" at all but doesn't look like letters at all, looks more like random waveforms.

Those ones were not dreams I can see what's going on in the house and I can get myself out of the trance anytime I want and I'll see things as they are like whatever my mom is doing, it will be exactly the same in the trance and after I got out of it.

Anyway, as someone else said, "reality is stranger than fiction" turns out to be true!

Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟317,900.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
And then being in some sort of trance-like state where I'm half awake, I can see my surroundings but some parts of my room have broken down into something that looks like a computer graphics malfunction. It kinda looks like the Matrix if they are "codes" at all but doesn't look like letters at all, looks more like random waveforms.
What you are describing is hypnagogia.

"Hypnopompic hallucinations are similar to hypnagogic hallucinations — together called hypnagogia. Both are hallucinations that involve sensing things that aren’t actually there while in a mental state between dreaming and waking. The hallucinations can be visual, auditory, or tactile. Hypnopompic hallucinations occur while a person is waking up, and hypnagogic hallucinations occur while falling asleep.

In 86% of cases, hypnopompic hallucinations are visual. They often involve seeing moving shapes and colors, or images of animals or people. Between 8% and 34% of these hallucinations involve sound. Common sounds include the ringing of bells or the sound of talking voices. Sounds may be paired with images or occur on their own. Also, in 25% to 44% of instances, hypnopompic hallucinations involve tactile sensations. For example, a person might feel like they are weightless, flying, or in the room with another person. The sense that a person is in the room commonly occurs with sleep paralysis."

What Are Hypnopompic Hallucinations? | Sleep Foundation.

Reactions: timewerx
Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟313,110.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I heard of someone mentioned that term before. I did not look it up but now, I appreciate the details.

Indeed, it involved sleep paralysis but I was able to free myself and regain conscious control in a few seconds. Then I got up and switched on the light in my room for real.

The whole experience was seamless as if my eyes were open the whole time from the matrix-like entity to me getting up and switching on the light. The thing first appeared in the flatscreen TV and then moved to the wall. Sometimes, they are simply just wave-like forms that looks like jet-black colored worms radiating from objects.

I see them sometimes when fully conscious in low light conditions. But are much more vivid and clear the few short moments after waking up.

The can be more visible under the bed because it's darker. Together, they may appear as much larger dark shadowy objects moving under the bed. The "monster under bed" saying probably stemmed from this phenomenon. They are completely harmless as it would seem. They are immaterial. I wave my hands over them and feel nothing. But they do look like they're feeding on something. Life force? Chakras? Auras? I really have no clue.

Anyway, back to DS9. The whole premise of the story, especially surrounding the prophets and the emissary is about fulfilling a "time travel paradox" - fulfilling a certain future that hasn't happened yet and the emissary is dealing with entities that are from the future leading him to a path towards that future. In fact, he might even be critical to the existence/birth/creation of the of the prophets. A self-fulfilling prophecy. The beginning and the end.

Upvote 0