• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Schizophrenia is a neurological capitulation. My capitulation is from mind to memory.

Gottservant

God loves your words, may men love them also
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
Hi there,

So I worked out how to describe my schizophrenia in layman's terms: it is a capitulation. There are many ways to describe a capitulation, as there are many types of schizophrenia - the point being that knowing the particular kind of capitulation for what it is will help you relate to schizophrenia and not just your own but others also. Capitulation - to explain - is where neurological activity in the mind, starts to fire for a different reason, than it normally does. If you normally think about things, and you get schizophrenia in your memory, you start to remember things more than you think about them. This is the crux of it: there is a transition from one type of activity to another.

Why does this - neurological capitulation - happen? It might be to save time, it might be to save energy, it might be to make you more able to do things that you need to do: all of these things justify capitulating to differences that would otherwise get overlooked too easily, for too little reason. What it means in the meantime, is that you have to adjust: you have to find a way to cope with your neurology "giving out", that is, becoming a different state of neurological activity (other than you would normally expect). This brings you to the fundamental point: change does not occur, in the absence of a reason.

If you need to change for a reason, you will find it compelling. That is the truth. You can force yourself to become schizophrenic, that is not impossible: people on drugs develop schizophrenic like responses to the drugs, some temporarily, some permanently. What is hard is waking up every day and facing the same problem of capitulation from a new angle. The Devil wants you to capitulate to something you can't handle - that's where a mental condition, becomes a mental "illness". The secret is, if we rely on the Holy Spirit He will tell us what capitulation we need to pursue and to what end. This is encouraging, that we are not abandon in our capitulation, but that it can be as the Lord needed.

I hope this makes a little sense to you. The point is not to get lost wondering "what capitulation will it be? How can I cope?"

Peace be unto you, in Christ Jesus.

• Prayers
Reactions: QvQ

QvQ

Aug 18, 2019
AZ
✟104,693.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Schizophrenia is a physical disease. It can be treated with medication, the same as diabetes or other physical problems although finding the right combination of medicines to stabilize the condition may taka a bit of time.
I have a family member who suffers from schizophrenia. He takes medicine and although he does occasionally relapse, he leads a normal life. He found peace in faith, also to cope with this illness.
With proper treatment and faith in God, you can find peace and joy.
I will pray for you. I hope you find peace.

• Winner
Reactions: Macchiato
Upvote 0