✟22,244.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
Sabbath, a perpetual covenant

Exodus 31:12-17 And the Lord spoke to Moses, saying, Do thou also charge the children of Israel, saying, Take heed and keep My sabbaths; for they are a sign with Me and among you throughout your generations, that ye may know that I am the Lord that sanctifies you. And ye shall keep the sabbaths, because this is holy to the Lord for you; he that profanes it shall surely be put to death: every one who shall do a work on it, that soul shall be destroyed from the midst of his people. Six days thou shalt do works, but the seventh day is the Sabbath, a holy rest to the Lord; every one who shall do a work on the seventh day shall be put to death. And the children of Israel shall keep the Sabbaths, to observe them throughout their generations. It is a perpetual covenant with Me and the children of Israel, it is a perpetual sign with Me; for in six days the Lord made the Heaven and the Earth, and on the seventh day He ceased, and rested.LXX

Reactions: HARK!

RisenInJesus

Apr 8, 2016
USA
✟34,201.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Exodus 31:12-17 And the Lord spoke to Moses, saying, Do thou also charge the children of Israel, saying, Take heed and keep My sabbaths; for they are a sign with Me and among you throughout your generations, that ye may know that I am the Lord that sanctifies you. And ye shall keep the sabbaths, because this is holy to the Lord for you; he that profanes it shall surely be put to death: every one who shall do a work on it, that soul shall be destroyed from the midst of his people. Six days thou shalt do works, but the seventh day is the Sabbath, a holy rest to the Lord; every one who shall do a work on the seventh day shall be put to death. And the children of Israel shall keep the Sabbaths, to observe them throughout their generations. It is a perpetual covenant with Me and the children of Israel, it is a perpetual sign with Me; for in six days the Lord made the Heaven and the Earth, and on the seventh day He ceased, and rested.LXX
Yes, it is a perpetual covenant and a sign between God and Israel. Although, Jews have been scattered throughout the world over the years they have always keep the Sabbath.

Upvote 0

Ligurian

Cro-Magnon
Apr 21, 2021
America
✟22,244.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
Yes, it is a perpetual covenant and a sign between God and Israel. Although, Jews have been scattered throughout the world over the years they have always keep the Sabbath.

Esaias Isaiah 56:1-8 Thus saith the Lord, Keep ye judgment, and do justice: for My salvation is near to come and My mercy to be revealed. Blessed is the man that does these things and the man that holds by them, and keeps the Sabbaths from profaning them, and keeps his hands from doing unrighteousness. Let not the stranger who attaches himself to the Lord, say, Surely the Lord will separate me from His people; and let not the eunuch say, I am a dry tree. Thus saith the Lord to the eunuchs, as many as shall keep My Sabbaths, and choose the things which I take pleasure in and take hold of My Covenant: I will give to them in My house and within My walls an honourable place, better than sons and daughters: I will give them an everlasting name, and it shall not fail. And I will give it to the strangers that attach themselves to the Lord, to serve Him and to love the name of the Lord, to be to Him servants and handmaids. And as for all that keep My Sabbaths from profaning them, and that take hold of My covenant: I will bring them to My holy mountain and gladden them in My house of prayer. Their whole-burnt-offerings and their sacrifices shall be acceptable upon Mine altar, for My house shall be called a house of prayer for all nations, saith the Lord that gathers the dispersed of Israel, for I will gather to Him a congregation.LXX

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟923,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

Mark 2:27 "for mankind" according to Christ
Is 66:23 for "all mankind" for all eternity after the cross in the New Earth
Is 56:6-8 gentiles specifically singled out for Sabbath keeping
Acts 13 - gentiles (not Jews) asking for more Gospel preaching "next Sabbath"
Heb 4 - there "remains" therefore a Sabbath rest for the people of God.

As it turns out - Israel is part of mankind -- so not to surprising it is a sign of covenant relationship.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟923,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Esaias Isaiah 56:1-8 ... Blessed is the man that does these things and the man that holds by them, and keeps the Sabbaths from profaning them, and keeps his hands from doing unrighteousness. Let not the stranger who attaches himself to the Lord, say, Surely the Lord will separate me from His people; and let not the eunuch say, I am a dry tree. Thus saith the Lord to the eunuchs, as many as shall keep My Sabbaths, and choose the things which I take pleasure in and take hold of My Covenant: I will give to them in My house and within My walls an honourable place, better than sons and daughters: I will give them an everlasting name, and it shall not fail. And I will give it to the strangers that attach themselves to the Lord, to serve Him and to love the name of the Lord, to be to Him servants and handmaids. And as for all that keep My Sabbaths from profaning them, and that take hold of My covenant: I will bring them to My holy mountain and gladden them in My house of prayer. Their whole-burnt-offerings and their sacrifices shall be acceptable upon Mine altar, for My house shall be called a house of prayer for all nations, saith the Lord that gathers the dispersed of Israel, for I will gather to Him a congregation.LXX

Yes gentiles specifically singled out for Sabbath keeping in that example

Upvote 0

Ligurian

Cro-Magnon
Apr 21, 2021
America
✟22,244.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
Esaias Isaiah 56:1-8 Thus saith the Lord, Keep ye judgment, and do justice: for My salvation is near to come and My mercy to be revealed. Blessed is the man that does these things and the man that holds by them, and keeps the Sabbaths from profaning them, and keeps his hands from doing unrighteousness. Let not the stranger who attaches himself to the Lord, say, Surely the Lord will separate me from His people; and let not the eunuch say, I am a dry tree. Thus saith the Lord to the eunuchs, as many as shall keep My Sabbaths, and choose the things which I take pleasure in and take hold of My Covenant: I will give to them in My house and within My walls an honourable place, better than sons and daughters: I will give them an everlasting name, and it shall not fail. And I will give it to the strangers that attach themselves to the Lord, to serve Him and to love the name of the Lord, to be to Him servants and handmaids. And as for all that keep My Sabbaths from profaning them, and that take hold of My Covenant: I will bring them to My holy mountain and gladden them in My house of prayer. Their whole-burnt-offerings and their sacrifices shall be acceptable upon Mine altar, for My house shall be called a house of prayer for all nations, saith the Lord that gathers the dispersed of Israel, for I will gather to Him a congregation.LXX

Esaias is talking about proselytes being gathered... along with the diaspora. They will all believe these twin verses... and act upon that belief. (Matthew 7:24-25)

Deuteronomy 18:15-19 The Lord thy God shall raise up to thee a prophet of thy brethren, like me; him shall ye hear: 16 according to all things which thou didst desire of the Lord thy God in Choreb in the day of the assembly, saying, We will not again hear the voice of the Lord thy God, and we will not any more see this great fire, and so we shall not die. 17 And the Lord said to me, They have spoken rightly all that they have said to thee. 18 I will raise up to them a prophet of their brethren, like thee; and I will put My words in His mouth, and He shall speak to them as I shall command Him. 19 And whatever man shall not hearken to whatsoever words that prophet shall speak in My name, I will take vengeance on him.LXX

John 12:44-50 Jesus cried and said, He that believeth on Me, believeth not on M but on Him that sent Me. 45 And he that seeth Me seeth Him that sent Me. 46 I am come a light into the world, that whosoever believeth on Me should not abide in darkness. 47 And if any man hear My words and believe not, I judge him not, for I came not to judge the world but to save the world. 48 He that rejecteth Me and receiveth not My words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day. 49 For I have not spoken of Myself, but the Father which sent Me, He gave Me a commandment, what I should say and what I should speak. 50 And I know that His Commandment is Life Everlasting: whatsoever I speak therefore, even as the Father said unto Me, so I speak.

This is the Gospel of Kingdom, taught by Jesus to His discipled Apostles; and taught to us by the 11 after the Risen Lord returned in glory, according to Matthew 28:20.

Mark 2:27 "for mankind" according to Christ
Is 66:23 for "all mankind" for all eternity after the cross in the New Earth
Is 56:6-8 gentiles specifically singled out for Sabbath keeping
Acts 13 - gentiles (not Jews) asking for more Gospel preaching "next Sabbath"
Heb 4 - there "remains" therefore a Sabbath rest for the people of God.

As it turns out - Israel is part of mankind -- so not to surprising it is a sign of covenant relationship.

John 17:6 I have manifested Thy name unto the men which Thou gavest Me out of the world. Thine they were and Thou gavest them Me, and they have kept Thy word. ... 20 Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on Me through their word. (Matthew 28:20)

Matthew and John are the Gospel of the Kingdom verses, and so are 1 Peter and James.

Esaias Isaiah 66:23 And it shall come to pass from month to month, and from sabbath to sabbath, that all flesh shall come to worship before Me in Jerusalem, saith the Lord.LXX

Revelation 3:8-9 I know thy works: behold, I have set before thee an open door, and no man can shut it: for thou hast a little strength, and hast kept my word, and hast not denied my name. Behold, I will make them of the assembly of Satan, which say they are Judeans, and are not, but do lie: behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee.

Worshipping before their feet doesn't mean worshipping the church of Philadelphia.

Deuteronomy 4:9-13 Take heed to thyself, and keep thy heart diligently: forget not any of the things, which thine eyes have seen, and let them not depart from thine heart all the days of thy life; and thou shalt teach thy sons and thy sons’ sons, 10 even the things that happened in the day in which ye stood before the Lord our God in Choreb in the day of the assembly; for the Lord said to me, Gather the people to Me, and let them hear My words, that they may learn to fear Me all the days which they live upon the earth, and they shall teach their sons. 11 And ye drew nigh and stood under the mountain; and the mountain burned with fire up to heaven: there was darkness, blackness, and tempest. 12 And the Lord spoke to you out of the midst of the fire a voice of words, which ye heard: and ye saw no likeness, only ye heard a voice. 13 And He announced to you His Covenant which He commanded you to keep, even the ten commandments, and He wrote them on two tables of stone.LXX

Exodus 20:1-17 6 and bestowing mercy on them that love Me to thousands of them, and on them that keep My Commandments.LXX

John 14:15-17 If ye love Me, keep My Commandments and I will pray the Father, and He shall give you another Comforter, that He may abide with you for ever: the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive because it seeth Him not, neither knoweth Him; but ye know Him, for He dwelleth with you and shall be in you.

Genesis 17:1-13 And Abram was ninety-nine years old, and the Lord appeared to Abram and said to him, I am thy God, be well-pleasing before Me and be blameless. 2 And I will establish My Covenant between Me and thee, and I will multiply thee exceedingly. ... 8 And I will give to thee and to thy seed after thee the land wherein thou sojournest, even all the land of Chanaan for an everlasting possession, and I will be to them a God. ... 12 And the child of eight days old shall be circumcised by you, every male throughout your generations, and the servant born in the house and he that is bought with money, of every son of a stranger, who is not of thy seed. 13 He that is born in thy house, and he that is bought with money shall be surely circumcised, and My Covenant shall be on your flesh for an Everlasting Covenant.LXX

To be heirs to The Promise, both Israelite and proselyte must keep all parts of this Covenant.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟923,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
regarding Is 56:6-8

-

Esaias is talking about proselytes being gathered... along with the diaspora. .

No doubt it is gentiles in Is who accept rather than reject the God of the Bible -- that are making the choices Isaiah describes there.

(as we see in your quote)

Esaias Isaiah 56:1-8 ... Blessed is the man that does these things and the man that holds by them, and keeps the Sabbaths from profaning them, and keeps his hands from doing unrighteousness. Let not the stranger who attaches himself to the Lord, say, Surely the Lord will separate me from His people; and let not the eunuch say, I am a dry tree. Thus saith the Lord to the eunuchs, as many as shall keep My Sabbaths, and choose the things which I take pleasure in and take hold of My Covenant: I will give to them in My house and within My walls an honourable place, better than sons and daughters: I will give them an everlasting name, and it shall not fail. And I will give it to the strangers that attach themselves to the Lord, to serve Him and to love the name of the Lord, to be to Him servants and handmaids. And as for all that keep My Sabbaths from profaning them, and that take hold of My covenant: I will bring them to My holy mountain and gladden them in My house of prayer. Their whole-burnt-offerings and their sacrifices shall be acceptable upon Mine altar, for My house shall be called a house of prayer for all nations, saith the Lord that gathers the dispersed of Israel, for I will gather to Him a congregation.LXX

Upvote 0

Ligurian

Cro-Magnon
Apr 21, 2021
America
✟22,244.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
regarding Is 56:6-8

No doubt it is gentiles in Is who accept rather than reject the God of the Bible -- that are making the choices Isaiah describes there.

(as we see in your quote)

Sure, but as proselytes, not replacements.

Jeremias Jeremiah 38:31 Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a New Covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Juda:LXX
Matthew 4:16-17 The people which sat in darkness saw great light; and to them which sat in the region and shadow of death light is sprung up. 17 From that time Jesus began to preach, and to say, Repent: for the Kingdom of Heaven is at hand.KJV

Isaiah 5:7 For the vineyard of the Lord of hosts is the house of Israel, and the men of Juda His beloved plant: I expected it to bring forth judgment, and it brought forth iniquity; and not righteousness, but a cry.LXX
Matthew 21:33-34 Hear another parable: There was a certain householder, which planted a vineyard, and hedged it round about, and digged a winepress in it, and built a tower, and let it out to husbandmen, and went into a far country: And when the time of the fruit drew near, He sent His servants to the husbandmen, that they might receive the fruits of it.KJV

Esaias Isaiah 8:18 Behold I and the children which God has given Me: and they shall be for signs and wonders in the House of Israel from the Lord of hosts, who dwells in mount Sion.LXX
John 17:6 I have manifested Thy name unto the men which Thou gavest Me out of the world: Thine they were and Thou gavest them Me; and they have kept Thy word.KJV

Esaias Isaiah 43:1-8 And now thus saith the Lord God that made thee, O Jacob, and formed thee, O Israel, Fear not: for I have redeemed thee, I have called thee by thy name: thou art Mine. 2 And if thou pass through water, I am with thee; and the rivers shall not overflow thee: and if thou go through fire, thou shalt not be burned; the flame shall not burn thee. 3 For I am the Lord thy God, the Holy One of Israel, that saves thee: I have made Egypt and Ethiopia thy ransom, and given Soene for thee. 4 Since thou becamest precious in My sight, thou hast become glorious and I have loved thee: and I will give men for thee and princes for thy life. 5 Fear not; for I am with thee: I will bring thy seed from the east and will gather thee from the west. 6 I will say to the north, Bring; and to the south, Keep not back; bring My sons from the land afar off, and My daughters from the ends of the earth; 7 even all who are called by My name: for I have prepared him for My glory, and I have formed him, and have made him: 8 and I have brought forth the blind people; for their eyes are alike blind, and they that have ears are deaf.LXX
Matthew 13:14-15
Esaias Isaiah 6:9-13 Ye shall hear indeed, but ye shall not understand; and ye shall see indeed, but ye shall not perceive. 10 For the heart of this people has become gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes have they closed; lest they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and be converted, and I should heal them. 11 And I said, How long, O Lord? And he said, Until cities be deserted by reason of their not being inhabited, and the houses by reason of there being no men, and the land shall be left desolate. 12 And after this God shall remove the men far off, and they that are left upon the land shall be multiplied. 13 And yet there shall be a tenth upon it, and again it shall be for a spoil, as a turpentine tree, and as an acorn when it falls out of its husk.
LXX

Esaias Isaiah 28:10-12 Expect thou affliction on affliction, hope upon hope: yet a little, and yet a little, 11 by reason of the contemptuous words of the lips, by means of another language: for they shall speak to this people, saying to them, 12 This is the rest to him that is hungry, and this is the calamity: but they would not hear.LXX
Revelation 22:17 And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.KJV

Upvote 0

daq

Messianic
Jan 26, 2012
Devarim 11:21
Visit site
✟115,558.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Sure, but as proselytes, not replacements.

The Father can do whatever he desires with his olive tree. New shoots or branches grafted into his olive tree are not replacements but rather additions according to his good pleasure with his olive tree. If the new do not take hold, and fully graft into the tree of his planting, then surely he will cut off those branches also.

Upvote 0