Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
As a stand alone in a story, Blank is an interesting character, to be sure. He certainly is unique and there could be some source of conflict in that for him. Blank is all alone, due to his unique ability to tap into the power granted him through his faith in God. How does he cope with being so unique, so alone? Certainly interesting questions to explore as you write, if you haven't already.

He sounds like someone the crew of a Star Trek sort of RPG I was in might have encountered. THAT would have been fun! I had SO many characters in that, though. Phew! It got to be exhausting. I had PCs as well as NPCs, you see, and that seemed to happen to me quite frequently as I think back on all the RP stories I was involved with.

Anyway, I am going to take off now. I hope we'll be able to PM (private message) soon, but they're calling it conversations now. Whatever. Goodnight! It was great meeting you, Coleton!

Upvote 0

Woman of Faith

...by faith I am saved.
Jul 16, 2004
Ooooooklahoma!
✟16,041.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I have way over 20 now, but still can't start a conversation. Apparently, I need 5 likes, too. Botheration! I was on CF back in the day and have nearly 6K posts! Ha! That's after they erased all the RPGs I was in, and most of the OOCs. I think I had over 30K posts before that happened. Anyway, looks like I'm not starting a conversation anytime soon.

Upvote 0
May 11, 2017
Saucier
✟52,137.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Hey, I just got back home from church. I see, well, your welcome to join Brotherly Spirit and I on Home. Here's the link if you want to check it out and see if you might be interested. New Worlds RPG - Home

Just let me know so I can tell Brotherly Spirit.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
May 11, 2017
Saucier
✟52,137.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I finished reading your character post, and I can see how some would think that is OP, honestly Blank, at least when I go to write the Short Stories, does not really have that detailed an origin story, in fact, he is just some random guy who had enough faith and obedience to pray for power and receive it. It could have been you or me in his place. Literally, all he did was pray and be obedient and he became seriously OP, not even joking. Actually, now that I think about it, I could probably have Blank as a RP PC, if I start from the very beginning before he gets his powers, what do you think? Also, great character, by the way, I like her background and how detailed you were throughout the whole thing.

Upvote 0

Woman of Faith

...by faith I am saved.
Jul 16, 2004
Ooooooklahoma!
✟16,041.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

PeterJames0510

Blessed more than I deserve
Jan 28, 2019
Lee
✟73,318.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I woud love to role play in the modern world with characters that are looking to grow in Christ; part of the reason for my desire is to overcome lust and adult entertainment addiction. I would love, instead, to write either in the genre of a pretrib rapture or tribulation or millennium; or in the genre of just Slice of life. Blessings - Peter James

Upvote 0
May 11, 2017
Saucier
✟52,137.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I woud love to role play in the modern world with characters that are looking to grow in Christ; part of the reason for my desire is to overcome lust and adult entertainment addiction. I would love, instead, to write either in the genre of a pretrib rapture or tribulation or millennium; or in the genre of just Slice of life. Blessings - Peter James

The only problem i have found with realistic Roleplays is that the characters tend to die too easily, and usually once gone they never come back. A slice of life would be fun, since the conflict is usually personal for each character, which makes it interesting. If you want to go ahead and start a conversation with me here on CF we can discuss what type of Slice of Life RP we both want to see, and go from there. Also thanks for replying. Personally, I do not believe in a pre-trib rapture, but that wouldn't stop me from Roleplaying about one, I think it would be a lot of fun.

Kind of like Left Behind or something like it.

I'll start a conversation and we can talk more about what we both want to see in a Slice of Life RP and we can decide there what we both want to do. If it's okay with you I would like to invite my friend Woman of Faith to the RP when it is ready. We'll see how this goes, it should be very fun!

Upvote 0
May 11, 2017
Saucier
✟52,137.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
The only problem i have found with realistic Roleplays is that the characters tend to die too easily, and usually once gone they never come back. A slice of life would be fun, since the conflict is usually personal for each character, which makes it interesting. If you want to go ahead and start a conversation with me here on CF we can discuss what type of Slice of Life RP we both want to see, and go from there. Also thanks for replying. Personally, I do not believe in a pre-trib rapture, but that wouldn't stop me from Roleplaying about one, I think it would be a lot of fun.

I'll start a conversation and we can talk more about what we both want to see in a Slice of Life RP and we can decide there what we both want to do. If it's okay with you I would like to invite my friend Woman of Faith to the RP when it is ready. We'll see how this goes, it should be very fun!

Nevermind about the conversation I just realized you are new and need at least 20 posts and five likes. We can chat here for now. Also, Welcome to CF!

Upvote 0

PeterJames0510

Jan 28, 2019
Lee
✟73,318.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Hi Coleton, thanks so much for the reply!

I'm used to more paragraph roleplaying, I'm not as familiar with tabletop or turn based systems with statistics. I guess it's more for the narrative and story for me in 3rd person. I think a slice of life would be great, though I'm happy in any genre and do not have to kill of major characters.

However, I am very willing to learn any system that is more comfortable to my RP partners. You don't have to believe in a pre-trib rapture, I'm happy to move it to any portion of the RP. I like the idea of the world building and background setting, though I would love to know the exact end time scenario my friend would be working off of so I could get the right 'chart' and the right specifications.

Also, I'm all for anyone being invited to RP as I'm the newbie here. :) Basically, I want to RP wholesome family and friendship situations. I can do Slice of Life or adventures or both. This doesn't mean we don't have difficult situations characters face, but definitely it would be at the PG level.

I like emotions; anger; angst; love; appreciation; character dialogue and development. I can give you a sample of some of my work or do any writing prompts.

As far as Slice of Life, I'm not sure exactly what I would like. Faith building elements, strong friendship, maybe somewhat adventure?

My name is Peter James by the way, I'm happy to meet you.

Upvote 0

PeterJames0510

Jan 28, 2019
Lee
✟73,318.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
By the way guys, in terms of 'Christia' - you can see some of your old threads at the Wayback Machine at Archive.org. For instance, here is a URL to it:

Christia RPG - Christian Forums

You might want to play around with Wayback Machine however; Wayback took pictures of it at various times. Maybe finding the right year and date will help. See what you guys think; I was never part of Christia, but I think the Wayback Machine will help to get *some* of it back for you guys.

Upvote 0