Creating a Humanzee

Do you support the creation of the Humanzee?

• Yes

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • No

Votes: 10 90.9%

• Total voters

QvQ

Aug 18, 2019
AZ
✟104,693.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
In short, dirty deeds done dirt cheap.
The main use for the hybrids is to have a source of organ transplants.
And some researchers are serious as there is money in organ harvesting.
What if the humanzee was born with an IQ of a retarded person and could learn to speak.
What a horror show that would be.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

The IbanezerScrooge

I can't believe what I'm hearing...
Sep 1, 2015
Florida
✟248,492.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
The issue with creating a human/[something else] hybrid is the possibility of intentionally creating something that has a level of human self-awareness that could ask the question, "why was I created" and ponder the very unsatisfying answer, "because we could" and then be left to deal with all that entails. Would it be ethical to intentionally breed fully human people with Trisomy 21 to study that genetic mutation and its effects?

Upvote 0

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟362,128.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
I'm not talking about people who disagree with this, I'm talking about emotional responses.

It's one thing to disagree, but it's something different to have a massive *emotional* response by large numbers of people.

Well since you've not given any actually scientifically valid reason for it to be done, an emotional response is what you're going to get.

Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

God is perfect - Nothing is an accident
Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
Silicon Valley
✟581,213.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well since you've not given any actually scientifically valid reason for it to be done, an emotional response is what you're going to get.
Where does imaginative thinking fall into place? Under scientific validity, or emotional reaction?

The answer is neither.

There is a third way to think.

Upvote 0

Ophiolite

Recalcitrant Procrastinating Ape
Nov 12, 2008
✟244,842.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
This is an emotional response.
No. It is an informed response based on my reasoned assessment of the risks and consequences of such an experiment which clearly point in an unacceptable direction on my moral compass. Of course, if you think moral compasses are essentially emotionally determined that would make you doubly wrong.

Upvote 0

Zaha Torte

Jesus Christ is the Eternal God
May 6, 2024
Not Hispanic or Latino
✟3,390.00
Country
United States
Faith
Latter-Day Saint
Marital Status
Married
Scientifically speaking, creating a humanzee would be no different from how we've created Ligers and Mules. So why haven't we created a humanzee yet, knowing it's entirely possible and super easy?

Many say it's an issue of morality. But why would it be, considering a humanzee would be neither human, nor chimp. What would be a worst or best case scenario in this situation? Being the eternal optimist that I am, I envision a friendly pet-like companion, like a dog, but much smarter. It's not like it would be in a constant state of pain, like some kind of groaning Frankenstein - nature doesn’t allow animals to live in perpetual pain. Perhaps they could even be trained to do our work for us? Like picking fruit in the fields? Or factory work, or other jobs humans don't particularly like doing? For thousands of years we've been using horses in similar ways - I don't see how a humanzee would be any different.
I don't believe God would allow this to happen.

Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
Silicon Valley
✟581,213.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
No. It is an informed response based on my reasoned assessment of the risks and consequences of such an experiment which clearly point in an unacceptable direction on my moral compass. Of course, if you think moral compasses are essentially emotionally determined that would make you doubly wrong.
I don't think that. I think a lot of our morals are genetically passed on, as natural instincts, and others through learning. Much in the same way as our free-will, to act and behave, are based on a combination of our biology in combination with 'learned' experiences:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
Silicon Valley
✟581,213.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I don't believe God would allow this to happen.
Great point! I believe in God, and I also believe that nothing is an accident. There is clearly a reason why this hasn't happened already.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Zaha Torte

Jesus Christ is the Eternal God
May 6, 2024
Not Hispanic or Latino
✟3,390.00
Country
United States
Faith
Latter-Day Saint
Marital Status
Married
Great point! I believe in God, and I also believe that nothing is an accident. There is clearly a reason why this hasn't happened. Right?
Makes sense to me.

There is nothing wrong with curiosity as long as we stay anchored in the Lord.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ophiolite

Recalcitrant Procrastinating Ape
Nov 12, 2008
✟244,842.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
I don't think that. I think a lot of our morals are genetically passed on, as natural instincts, and others through learning. Much in the same way as our free-will, to act and behave, are based on a combination of our biology in combination with 'learned' experiences:
I broadly agree. I think different cultures interpret the tendicies imposed by our instincts in different ways, hence the clash between cultures; a great problem because instinct tells us "different is dangerous". Reason can counteract this, but there is shortage of reason in most humans.

Upvote 0