Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
The original thread was deleted a few minutes ago for the reason I was too young to post in the Singles (Only*) section. I was advised to repost here, so that's what I'm doing. Since first posting about my situation, I've received much advice and I've learned from my mistakes. If you were part of the conversation in the original thread, feel free to continue your thoughts here. In case you need to reference the original post, here it is:

So I was at my new job at a local Christian fast food restaurant, and I saw this girl who was working up front at the cashiers and drive thru. I thought she was pretty so I figured eventually I'd ask her out. Then one day, I was told I could go on break for 20 minutes, so I grabbed some food and headed out for break. I went out front to where the tables were and I saw the girl sitting at one of the tables. I got nervous, but I ignored it and went over and sat down. We talked for a bit about ourselves. I asked her if she was in college, because, one, she looked like a college-age student, and two, most of the girls up front were from college. Turns out, she was a junior in High School. That was a good thing, because if she were in college, I would have to wait until I turned 18 to even try to be in a relationship with her. During this whole conversation, I was insanely nervous. I'm pretty sure she picked up on that, despite my best efforts to hide it. The conversation ended when her break was over. I still had a few minutes left so I finished up my lunch, and headed back to the kitchen. Now, this is where I might have gone wrong. I think it was a few days later, or maybe a week. We ended up going on break close to the same time. I can't remember who sat down first, it was about a month ago. But we were sitting at the same table, and at some point I asked her if she wanted to go put-putting as friends the next saturday. At first, her eyes got really wide, then back to normal. She thought about it for a second, then she said "sure." But then she said she'll have to make sure if saturday was a good time, because the new schedule wasn't up yet. I agreed, because I actually didn't know what my schedule was like on saturday either. Then after that, I got up and threw my empty plate away, but I was so nervous I had trouble getting it in. I'm pretty sure she saw that. So a few days later, the new schedule came up for both the front counter and the kitchen staff. I checked, and I saw I had a closing shift (from 5 to Close) that day, so I told her I was good for saturday, and she said "ok cool." I was hyped for saturday, because it would've been the closest I'd ever gotten to a date. I went out back to organize some boxes in the walk-in freezer. It was stupid cold in there. I finished up and was about to walk inside when the girl opened the door. She wanted to talk to me about saturday. Apparently, it wasn't a good time, because she had to help a friend get ready for homecoming. I was in homeschool so I had no idea about that. I asked her about tuesday, because I didn't work that day. This is where she started to go wrong. She said the schedule hadn't come up yet, so she would have to get back to me on that. I just went along with it because there was the chance I was wrong about the schedule being up. Saturday came around, and she also had a closing shift. I was in the back washing dishes when she went to the back to do something. I knew for sure the schedule was up because if it weren't, we wouldn't know to come in for closing shift. I asked her about tuesday. She struggled to come up with an excuse and the best she could come up with was "the schedule.." She said she would let me know when she'd be able to go. Fast foward a few weeks later, she still hadn't gotten back to me on that. I knew what was going on. I think I knew why she didn't want to go. First, I was constantly nervous around her, which might have made me look unstable to her, and second, I asked her to go put-putting two days after the first conversation, and third, I asked her to go put-putting. But I wanted to talk to her about it so I could get some closure on the situation. During those weeks, I pretty much gave her the cold shoulder, because I didn't know how to deal with the situation. One day, I figured if I didn't talk to her that day, I'd never talk to her at all. I asked her when she got off work, and she said 5:30. I was already off work at 4:00 so I told her I'd come back when she got off work. So that's what I did. I was standing outside the restauraunt at 5:30 on the dot. A few minutes later, I figured she was hanging out inside, so I went in and looked around. I didn't see her. One of the girls up front asked me what's up. I told her I needed to talk to the girl (I didn't actually say that, I'm just keeping the name secret). Then she said she left for college already. On the inside, I was pretty much like "Called it!" but on the outside I guess I looked broken hearted, because of the look on her face. She asked if I wanted a drink, and I pretty much said "Nah, I'm good. See ya later." I walked out and felt wierd. One part of me was like "how could she do that?" and the other part was like "nah, she had to go to college, I understand." I forgot to mention, she's dual enrolled between high school and college. I went home and I felt like all meaning in life had gone away and I just felt bored. I tried playing some games, but I suddenly became so bad at them I got frustrated and stopped. Then I was just in a state of not caring about anything. I didn't have to work the next day, so I was just chilling at my computer without a care in the world, but not in a good way. So, now I don't care if the girl doesn't want to go. I don't care that she lied and left work early to avoid me. I wasn't really friends with her anyways. I don't trust her at all. So now, the only thing I'm worried about is the rest of the staff making a big deal out of it. If they start talking about how she dodged me or if they figure out about her lying about the schedule, it could mess things up for her. I don't want the situation to get out of hand. I found out I wasn't nervous around her because of her, but because I was worried about other people knowing. If you read my post about the last time people found out I had a crush on someone, you'd know exactly why I was worried. So in conclusion, I was rejected, but in the worst way possible. If I had been able to talk to her, I would have told her she shouldn't have lied about it, and she should have just said no. I would have gotten over it.

John Hyperspace

UnKnown ReMember
Oct 3, 2016
Hyperspace
✟35,143.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I would agree that was "the worst possible way" if by "worst possible way" you mean "not even close to the worst possible way, and actually quite an easy way." You're worried people will find out you had a crush on a girl? This is the most normal rejection I've ever heard. I would say, good for you for even asking her since it took courage. I like your initiative.

Also, she probably "lied" because she has a hard time hurting people, and couldn't just say "No" and see your reaction, since you admit you were really nervous. I can imagine she didn't want to see what it would do to you to just say "No."

Upvote 0

DTate98

Official CF User
Jan 3, 2016
Carrollton, TX
✟19,165.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
I would agree that was "the worst possible way" if by "worst possible way" you mean "not even close to the worst possible way, and actually quite an easy way." You're worried people will find out you had a crush on a girl? This is the most normal rejection I've ever heard. I would say, good for you for even asking her since it took courage. I like your initiative.

Also, she probably "lied" because she has a hard time hurting people, and couldn't just say "No" and see your reaction, since you admit you were really nervous. I can imagine she didn't want to see what it would do to you to just say "No."
I understand. I've discussed most of what you said in the original thread. It's deleted now because I was posting in the singles section without being 18. That sucks because I've only got till December until I turn 18.

Actually now that I think about it, the whole situation isn't a problem as far as I can see. No one seems to know about what happened, or at least they don't know most of it, so there's no potential for workplace drama, unless the girl starts talking about it to the other girls. I don't think she would do that, so I'm not worried. I guess I'm "over her" now, because I know she clearly doesn't like me the same way. Now all I'm going to do is wait until I'm old enough to marry before I start dating. Then I'll have a reason to get into a relationship. I'm guessing 23-26?

Upvote 0

Journey.In.Grace

Daughter of the One True King
Sep 2, 2013
Texas, US
✟159,573.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
I don't usually share this story as it was a brutal hurt, and an embarrassing one at that, but I feel it should be shared to those who have been wronged.

A couple years ago I had met this guy over eHarmony. He was everything a woman could ask for; strongly devoted to the Lord, funny, and we had so many common interests and had a great connection. Turns out -- he has trouble finding chemistry with overweight woman, but I still made it known to him about my weight issues. He knew this when he came by after a few weeks of talking to take me out for the day. Throughout the whole day he wasn't really talkative, and I never heard from him again afterwards. I received an email from him a couple of months later where he apologized for his actions and asked for my forgiveness. While that was big of him and I did, in fact, forgive him, he however had already caused a lot of hurt. He pretty much just dropped me, despite our strong faith and connection, all because I was not a thin woman. I understand physical attraction is important but he was perhaps the most superficial Christian man I've ever met to where it was extremely important. It was horrible and my confidence just fell for the longest time. To this day he is still single.

I wonder why.

Upvote 0

Haramis

Dancing on Rainbows
Site Supporter
Feb 11, 2012
✟57,966.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I understand physical attraction is important but he was perhaps the most superficial Christian man I've ever met to where it was extremely important.
Would you find it equally wrong for him to refuse to date a deeply spiritual man he had a lot in common with, just because he isn't attracted to men?

Upvote 0

OscarMana

Jan 3, 2017
Singapore
✟8,134.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Would you find it equally wrong for him to refuse to date a deeply spiritual man he had a lot in common with, just because he isn't attracted to men?
Christians are humans too, and physical attributes(even ones that can't really be changed) can be a deal breaker in what you look for in a partner. Many girls refuse to date me because of my height.

Upvote 0