• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Reoccurring knee injury

Status
Not open for further replies.

hardcoreGL1229

Mar 12, 2006
✟20,838.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
For about three years now I have been dealing with a knee problem. The first time I injured my knee they took part of it out. The second time they had to pop my knee cap back into place. This time they are planning on basically sewing the cartilage back together. Which means crutches for a month. This knee injury has caused me to go into a little bit of a depression. I am always in pain and the injury has caused me to quit sports, which is almost all I do. I am trying to look at this with a positive attitiude, but since I am young and this knee injury has changed my future...it's hard. I need everyone's prayers to get past this monster of an injury. :hug:

Reactions: pumanator

pumanator

Veteran
Aug 1, 2005
✟10,032.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Your in a good place to ask for prayers...many of us here asked for this forum because there are so many of us with chronic issues.

I'll give a lil back ground so you will know I can relate. Broken lower back-1990, blew out both my shoulders and a neck disc-01, torn manisicus in both knees-03, two surgeries and two to go. There's a few others but you get the pic.

I don't know how much of this you may have already heard so plz forgive me in advance and my no means have i obtained these things myself...I want to generate a dialogue with you.
:preach:
If your not taking gulcosamin/conjoiton (spellin, lol) then start.
Let ppl know at church you need prayer.
Find someone in worse shape than you and try to encourage them.
Make sure your in the word and praying everyday.
Be in fellowship at least twice a week.

www.joniandfriends.org has a lot of helpful info for ppl with disabilites...yea, you are somewhat disabiled...I know it's hard to think so, no you are not in a wheel chair, etc, but you are having to learn to live with a limitation and that is not what we had expected. I used to mtn bike, run, hike, (Ilive in the mtns and can't use them:sigh:) and my phy probs have almost cost me my job...why, why did God let this happen to us?! That is the question...God is with you and wants to be closer to you. I have given myself a messed up gut grinding over this question and being bummed out about what I can't do anymore. It hurts man and I know what you're feeling and there are no easy anwsers. Ppl well toss out scripture for you thinking it will make you feel better...actually it's their way of saying, "I can't relate". :doh:

Go to the Psalms when it really has you down, only Jesus will have the really good awnsers. Don't spend too much time restling with God over it...you'll just tie yourself in a knot...I know, it's gonna take me forever to untie myself^_^

One more thing, my regular doc talked me into accupucture, it shuts the pain down some and make PT easier. Also narcotic patch that is slow release make the day a little easier to handle.

You will find here empathy, prayer, understanding, encouragement, love:groupray: and way too much advice...as to sympathy, in real life, ppl will give it to you at a price...you will get that and little else.

Plz feel free to PM me anytime...pain sucks and sometimes just talking to get it off your chest is a good thing

Upvote 0

Mrs. Luther073082

Commit to the LORD whatever you do - Proverbs 16:3
Jan 18, 2006
✟41,836.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
hardcoreGL1229 said:
For about three years now I have been dealing with a knee problem. The first time I injured my knee they took part of it out. The second time they had to pop my knee cap back into place. This time they are planning on basically sewing the cartilage back together. Which means crutches for a month. This knee injury has caused me to go into a little bit of a depression. I am always in pain and the injury has caused me to quit sports, which is almost all I do. I am trying to look at this with a positive attitiude, but since I am young and this knee injury has changed my future...it's hard. I need everyone's prayers to get past this monster of an injury. :hug:

My heart goes out to you. I dislocated my kneecap twice and I know how awful the pain is. I will pray for you!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.