Site Supporter
Oct 1, 2009
✟50,803.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Hi,
This is my first post on this board. I'm here because I could really use some help. I don't know much about the Anglican Church. I am a Protestant who grew up in an evangelical church. Now that I'm older, my beliefs have changed in some ways. I seem to be a weird mix between Catholic and Protestant. There are things I love about both.

I have been seriously considering becoming Catholic, but there are a few problems. Although I agree with the Catholic Church on most things, I don't agree with them on ALL things. I've been told that I need to agree on everything the church teaches to be Catholic. I know most Catholics don't agree with all the church teaches, but I've been told that I would need to state that I agree on everything in order to convert. I can't honestly do that because I disagree with their stand on birth control, I don't like how "political" the Church has become in the U.S., I don't believe the Church has the right to tell people who to vote for, and there are a few other things I disagree with as well.

However, I do believe in the Real Presence in the Eucharist and the Communion of Saints. I love the liturgy, Mary, the rosary, the reverential form of worship, and many other things.:crossrc:

I seem to be caught between a rock and a hard place so to speak. I don't feel either Catholic or Protestant -- I feel both. So, my question is, would the Anglican Church perhaps be a good fit for me, and if not does anyone have any suggestions as to a church home for someone in my situation? I'm really tired of not belonging anywhere as far as church goes. Thanks for any information you can give me.

karen freeinchristman

More of You and less of me, Lord!
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2004
North west of England
✟62,407.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Hi and welcome. Just wanted to let you know you've posted in the 'Chapel' section of the Anglican forum, and not the main thread section of the Anglican forum. Click here: Scripture,Tradition,Reason-Anglican & Old Catholic - Christian Forums
and scroll down past the chapel and past the threads that are prefixed 'Sticky' to the main thread section. You'll get many more replies there. Not many come in to the Chapel section.

To me it sounds like the Episcopal Church would be a good fit for you.
By the way, I also believe that to become Catholic should mean that you do hold to all of their teachings.

Upvote 0