Western New York
✟43,598.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
This is just an allegory and not actual hell doctrine, despite some interpretations from religious individuals. The soul that sinneth dies--it's not in torment forever.

Are you forcing yourself into Christianity? Anything forced upon us, we often reject. Do you have an actual desire for the Bible or are you forcing it? If God hasn't called you, you can't change that.

Upvote 0

seeker1999-

Feb 5, 2023
Kentucky
✟31,968.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
This is just an allegory and not actual hell doctrine, despite some interpretations from religious individuals. The soul that sinneth dies--it's not in torment forever.

Are you forcing yourself into Christianity? Anything forced upon us, we often reject. Do you have an actual desire for the Bible or are you forcing it? If God hasn't called you, you can't change that.

I am forcing myself. God hasn’t called me. Maybe I should try to look to Him and hope no matter what.

Upvote 0

Sir Joseph

Site Supporter
Nov 18, 2018
Southwest
✟96,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I am reading Luke 16:23-24 over and over. It doesn’t even phase me. I have no desire for the word at all.

No one likes to read or think about impending judgement, damnation, hell, or anything negative in the Bible. Most preachers / teachers avoid the issue for that reason since it scares too many people away from the church.

Whether this passage is literal or figurative, the message is consistent with other passages in the Bible that also express the existence of a literal place of terrible punishment that we call hell. I think such a passage should give you serious concern if you believe in and fear God. In other words, it's a a scary thought if you think it might be true.

The Bible is full of thousands of details, some of which will sound appealing, some irrelevant, and some offensive. One must realize though that its authority is not dependent on whether we like everything in it. I suspect that every honest Christian has read scripture parts that don't sit well with him, but a rational one grounded in his faith properly, understands that the Word of God stands true based upon its evidence of Divine inspiration, not upon our whimsical feelings or preferences.

It's ok to question or even dislike certain Bible passages, but those passages needn't turn you against God and his Word. If you have a heart receptive to God, there's plenty of other Bible passages to read for encouraging and strengthening your faith.

Upvote 0

Benjamin Müller

May 19, 2018
Western New York
✟43,598.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I am forcing myself. God hasn’t called me. Maybe I should try to look to Him and hope no matter what.
I really admire your determination. God will never leave you nor forsake you. You need to build a relationship God in a way that is natural, not forced, though. God doesn't accept our sacrifices if we give grudgingly or do anything by obligation and force, with no feelings of joy or pleasure.

I was in a spiritual crisis several months ago because I was forcing myself to listen to sermons. Eventually I realized the sermons were bringing me down. Much study is wearisome to the flesh (Ecc. 12:12) I had to pedal back on what I was doing. I prayed a lot, but I read little. I wasn't listening to sermons anymore. The 'break' so to speak actually helped and I've been able to focus better, but I don't think I can go back to listening to sermons anymore.

Are there other avenues for you to approach God naturally, while pedaling back on things that cause you apathy?

Reactions: seeker1999-
Upvote 0

Benjamin Müller

May 19, 2018
Western New York
✟43,598.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Go read my story in a nutshell post you will see what I am going through.
I have read your story and few of your other posts as well. Have you been diagnosed with any type of mental illness, or no? I know you thought you had one, but haven't read enough posts of yours yet to know if you are seeing a psychologist.

Upvote 0

seeker1999-

Feb 5, 2023
Kentucky
✟31,968.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I have read your story and few of your other posts as well. Have you been diagnosed with any type of mental illness, or no? I know you thought you had one, but haven't read enough posts of yours yet to know if you are seeing a psychologist.
The problem is I’ve ever had a conscience. Someone could drop dead and it wouldn’t even bother me. I wish I could go back in time and give my life to Christ.

Upvote 0