Rookie on the Rock
Jun 16, 2015
England
✟8,275.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I just wondered if anyone else had encountered many people in their circles with the initials JC or CJ it keeps coming up for me, it's cool but quirky. Syncronicity has always spoke to me so when I realised I had 6 family/friends with JC initials it made me smile. Simple things please simple minds I suppose! 1 fell asleep in Christ, the other 5 know of Him but 3 have drifted away. I pray to help get them back and that the 2 remain steadfast.

Thanks for reading!
God bless you.

Reactions: MiniEmu

E. Mortimer

Jun 20, 2015
✟15,258.00
Marital Status
Single
Doesn't seem all that quirky to me. After all, Christ was not Jesus' name. If anything, his name was Jesus of Nazareth. Christ is a title that means 'messiah' and so I don't really see anything uncanny about someone with the initials JC. In fact, the name Jesus was likely a very common name back then and today is a derivative of Joshua and a few others. Under different pronunciations, the name is still fairly common even today though it could certainly be argued that it is due to the influence of Christianity.

Upvote 0

DimEyesOpenHeart

Rookie on the Rock
Jun 16, 2015
England
✟8,275.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Doesn't seem all that quirky to me. After all, Christ was not Jesus' name. If anything, his name was Jesus of Nazareth. Christ is a title that means 'messiah' and so I don't really see anything uncanny about someone with the initials JC. In fact, the name Jesus was likely a very common name back then and today is a derivative of Joshua and a few others. Under different pronunciations, the name is still fairly common even today though it could certainly be argued that it is due to the influence of Christianity.

Yeah a lot of football players are called Jesus I like Jeshua & Joshua. I just think it's funky, I like patterns like that. And when numbers are repeated like 3,7,12,40. It's all good!

Reactions: E. Mortimer
Upvote 0

Tigger45

Pray like your life depends on it!
Site Supporter
Aug 24, 2012
E. Eden
✟1,279,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Frequently He's been speaking to my wife and I through the sermons at our church. It not only helps us see His direction for our lives but is a confirmation we are at the congregation He wants us to be. Many times sermons will be about the same topic our conversation was about on the drive to church.

Upvote 0

E. Mortimer

Jun 20, 2015
✟15,258.00
Marital Status
Single
Yeah a lot of football players are called Jesus I like Jeshua & Joshua. I just think it's funky, I like patterns like that. And when numbers are repeated like 3,7,12,40. It's all good!

Math has never been my strongest subject. I love science and I'm fascinated by physics, but my ability to understand each to their fullest is limited by the frustration I feel with mathematics. Perhaps that is why I am but a simple writer. That's okay, though. I am content with that.

But I confess that I do enjoy catching such patterns, Divine or not. But I rarely catch those that are mathematical in nature.

When I see patterns or unpredictable circumstances keep popping up I try to pay attention just in case God is trying to teach me something.

Aren't all circumstances unpredictable? You can ignore that question. It was rhetorical and overly philosophical. My own personal belief is that should God choose to speak to us, then He shall do so in ways that are obvious. Obvious to us, that is, but perhaps not so obvious to those around us. I also believe that the best way to find such messages is by not looking for them, lest we create them ourselves. But then, who is to say that such a creation was not Divine Inspiration?

Still, my own belief is that God seldom sends us messages lest He subtract from the relevancy of free will.

Upvote 0