Question for those with the gift of discerning spirits.

Yahu_

Nov 16, 2016
Atlanta, Ga
✟18,738.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
or is quick protect their image ( even if if they need to distort the truth to do it ).
Ah, yes, I know that spirit. That is often a spirit of religiosity associated with phariseeism. They have to be able to point to their own self-righteousness and can't tolerate being exposed to anything that may tarnish that image. It falls under the overall category of a spirit of Baal, ie anti-christ spirit and often works in conjunction of a lying spirit.

• Prayers
Reactions: Gabriel Anton
Upvote 0

Yahu_

Nov 16, 2016
Atlanta, Ga
✟18,738.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Discernment of spirits: my daughter has this gift, so I will share some of hers.

It is a literal "peering into" the spiritual realm. It operates under the anointing of the Holy Spirit, and see what God wants to reveal to you. There are differing degrees of ability, and it varies from person to the next. You might for example see angels in the church, especially when there is anointed praise and worship. Likewise, demons might also be visible, sometimes even in church. Sometimes "devices" such as arrows or spears, or chains are made visible on people, or inside of people.
At one time during a worship session, in front of the church platform a lot of young people were praising and singing, when she got a very clear "impression" of another girl right next to her of rejection. More, she instantly knew it was a spirit of rejection, which had entered upon birth as her mother did not want her. The rejection was reinforced again a few weeks ago when the girl's boyfriend broke off their relationship. My daughter did not know this girl, yet all of this was instantly revealed.
As for Jezabel - this spirit is indeed visible in spirit form to those with the gift of discernment of spirits, but it is not so simple. It is only visible when Jezabel is in manifestation, for mist of the time she is hidden. With Jezabel, some or all of what she is wearing may be revealed. Typically the gown, the crown and the rings.

It seems your daughter has Visual discernment of spirits. I also have friends with this form of discernment. There are multiple kinds. I don't see into the spiritual realm myself but I can get smell/scents from the spiritual realm. Others feel the presence of spiritual forces. It appears that different spiritual senses can be opened to this gift in different people.

Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟808,501.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
There are spiritual functions for each of our physical senses such as:
-Isaiah 6:1-2, sight, vision
-Peter saw, heard, and felt an angel. Acts 12:7
-In I Kings 19:7, Elijah saw and ate the food (food usually has a smell).
-Ezekiel wrote, "So I ate it, and it tasted as sweet as honey in my mouth" (Ezek. 3:1-3). John received a scroll from an angel. He wrote, "It tasted as sweet as honey in my mouth, but when I had eaten it, my stomach turned sour" (Rev. 10:8-10).

Such as Isaiah 6:1-2; Acts 12:7; I Kings 19:7; Ezek 3:1-3; Rev 10:8-10. When Yahweh does anything, He has a purpose.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Yahu_

Nov 16, 2016
Atlanta, Ga
✟18,738.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I'd love to hear your experiences in this area . If you possess this gift, then I'm sure that the Lord has provided you with a lot of life experience in order show you how the spirits tend to manifest through the personality.

Here is one experience. I was in bible college and a guest speaker was teaching. He was teaching a prosperity message that was knotting up my guts. He was teaching to give to get increase by twisting scriptures out of context. The Holy Spirit revealed to me it was a spirit of Baal-gad, lord of fortune that would twist the laws of Yah out of greed for personal gain.

This is one of the errors of the Laodicean church in Rev 3. They were misusing spiritual gifts and power for personal gain, not for the kingdom.

There are a lot of spirits that operate in the churches and in religion.

Upvote 0

Daniel Marsh

Jun 28, 2015
Livingston County, MI, US
✟200,366.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
No discernment was necessary in this case.

Acts 16:17
Robertson's Word Pictures of the New Testament "
The Most High God (tou qeou tou upsistou). Pagan inscriptions use this language for the Supreme Being. It looks like supernatural testimony like that borne by the demoniacs to Jesus as "son of the Most High God" .... She may have heard Paul preach about Jesus as the way of salvation. The way of salvation (odon swthria). A way of salvation, strictly speaking (no article). There were many "ways of salvation" offered to men then as now."

• Prayers
Upvote 0
Dec 13, 2016
California
✟15,683.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
The really bad ones I've smelled and sensed. The rest just sensed. But can tell if there good or bad by how I feel about it. Also can feel if there getting closer. This has only been going on for about a year. It caused me to change my ways and led up to the greatest 3 hours of my life. Baptism by the spirit.I believe I was shown this gift before the baptism because it literally saved my life!

Upvote 0

Daniel Marsh

Jun 28, 2015
✟200,366.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Ah, yes, I know that spirit. That is often a spirit of religiosity associated with phariseeism. They have to be able to point to their own self-righteousness and can't tolerate being exposed to anything that may tarnish that image. It falls under the overall category of a spirit of Baal, ie anti-christ spirit and often works in conjunction of a lying spirit.

What is the spirit of Baal?

Where can I get a dictionary of phrase like that?

prefer free, silver and gold have I none.

Upvote 0

Daniel Marsh

Jun 28, 2015
✟200,366.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Here is one experience. I was in bible college and a guest speaker was teaching. He was teaching a prosperity message that was knotting up my guts. He was teaching to give to get increase by twisting scriptures out of context. The Holy Spirit revealed to me it was a spirit of Baal-gad, lord of fortune that would twist the laws of Yah out of greed for personal gain.

This is one of the errors of the Laodicean church in Rev 3. They were misusing spiritual gifts and power for personal gain, not for the kingdom.

There are a lot of spirits that operate in the churches and in religion.

Didache quoted below,

Chapter 11. Concerning Teachers, Apostles, and Prophets. Whosoever, therefore, comes and teaches you all these things that have been said before, receive him. But if the teacher himself turns and teaches another doctrine to the destruction of this, hear him not. But if he teaches so as to increase righteousness and the knowledge of the Lord, receive him as the Lord. But concerning the apostles and prophets, act according to the decree of the Gospel. Let every apostle who comes to you be received as the Lord. But he shall not remain more than one day; or two days, if there's a need. But if he remains three days, he is a false prophet. And when the apostle goes away, let him take nothing but bread until he lodges. If he asks for money, he is a false prophet. And every prophet who speaks in the Spirit you shall neither try nor judge; for every sin shall be forgiven, but this sin shall not be forgiven. But not every one who speaks in the Spirit is a prophet; but only if he holds the ways of the Lord. Therefore from their ways shall the false prophet and the prophet be known. And every prophet who orders a meal in the Spirit does not eat it, unless he is indeed a false prophet. And every prophet who teaches the truth, but does not do what he teaches, is a false prophet. And every prophet, proved true, working unto the mystery of the Church in the world, yet not teaching others to do what he himself does, shall not be judged among you, for with God he has his judgment; for so did also the ancient prophets. But whoever says in the Spirit, Give me money, or something else, you shall not listen to him. But if he tells you to give for others' sake who are in need, let no one judge him.

Chapter 13. Support of Prophets. But every true prophet who wants to live among you is worthy of his support. So also a true teacher is himself worthy, as the workman, of his support. Every first-fruit, therefore, of the products of wine-press and threshing-floor, of oxen and of sheep, you shall take and give to the prophets, for they are your high priests. But if you have no prophet, give it to the poor. If you make a batch of dough, take the first-fruit and give according to the commandment. So also when you open a jar of wine or of oil, take the first-fruit and give it to the prophets; and of money (silver) and clothing and every possession, take the first-fruit, as it may seem good to you, and give according to the commandment.

Chapter 14. Christian Assembly on the Lord's Day. But every Lord's day gather yourselves together, and break bread, and give thanksgiving after having confessed your transgressions, that your sacrifice may be pure. But let no one who is at odds with his fellow come together with you, until they be reconciled, that your sacrifice may not be profaned. For this is that which was spoken by the Lord: "In every place and time offer to me a pure sacrifice; for I am a great King, says the Lord, and my name is wonderful among the nations."

Chapter 15. Bishops and Deacons; Christian Reproof. Appoint, therefore, for yourselves, bishops and deacons worthy of the Lord, men meek, and not lovers of money, and truthful and proved; for they also render to you the service of prophets and teachers. Therefore do not despise them, for they are your honored ones, together with the prophets and teachers. And reprove one another, not in anger, but in peace, as you have it in the Gospel. But to anyone that acts amiss against another, let no one speak, nor let him hear anything from you until he repents. But your prayers and alms and all your deeds so do, as you have it in the Gospel of our Lord.

Chapter 16. Watchfulness; the Coming of the Lord. Watch for your life's sake. Let not your lamps be quenched, nor your loins unloosed; but be ready, for you know not the hour in which our Lord will come. But come together often, seeking the things which are befitting to your souls: for the whole time of your faith will not profit you, if you are not made perfect in the last time. For in the last days false prophets and corrupters shall be multiplied, and the sheep shall be turned into wolves, and love shall be turned into hate; for when lawlessness increases, they shall hate and persecute and betray one another, and then shall appear the world-deceiver as Son of God, and shall do signs and wonders, and the earth shall be delivered into his hands, and he shall do iniquitous things which have never yet come to pass since the beginning. Then shall the creation of men come into the fire of trial, and many shall be made to stumble and shall perish; but those who endure in their faith shall be saved from under the curse itself. And then shall appear the signs of the truth: first, the sign of an outspreading in heaven, then the sign of the sound of the trumpet. And third, the resurrection of the dead -- yet not of all, but as it is said: "The Lord shall come and all His saints with Him." Then shall the world see the Lord coming upon the clouds of heaven.

Didache. The Teaching of the Twelve Apostles (translation Roberts-Donaldson).

• Prayers
Upvote 0

Yahu_

Nov 16, 2016
Atlanta, Ga
✟18,738.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
What is the spirit of Baal?

Where can I get a dictionary of phrase like that?

prefer free, silver and gold have I none.
Baal means 'lord/master' in Hebrew but is also a title of a pagan deity of the Canaanites. Actually there are many different Baals, the Baalim (plural) but Baal used by itself is a reference to the original anti-christ spirit. False religion and corruption of religion falls under this principality. He is the 'prince of the powers of the air', not Satan.

There is no dictionary that confirms this to my knowledge. It comes from personal experiences in directly battling the ancient paganism. I knew a very high level high priestess of Baalim worship over 25 years ago. She was to be the next worldwide high priestess of Ashtoreth, the consort of Baal, ie the principality over all Jezebel spirits. Queen Jezebel was the high priestess of Ashtoreth of her day.

The spirit of Baal will be the spirit that controls the endtime beast, the anti-christ.

• Prayers
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Daniel Marsh

Jun 28, 2015
✟200,366.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
And you were dead in the trespasses and sins in which you once walked, following the course of this world, following the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that is now at work in the sons of disobedience—among whom we all once lived in the passions of our flesh, carrying out the desires of the body and the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, like the rest of mankind. (Ephesians 2:1-3)

accepted

Satan was a mighty angel (Ezekiel 28:12-14), who was cast out from Heaven because of his pride and rebellion (Isaiah 14:12-15). Latter, Satan deceived Adam and Eve and became the father of sinners.

John 8:44 (NIV) You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father’s desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies.

Now that Satan had infected the whole world with his sins, he is now the ruler of this world.

John 14:30-31 (NIV) I will not say much more to you, for the prince of this world is coming. He has no hold over me

After we believe in Christ, we became new creation.

2 Corinthians 5:17 (NKJV) Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new.

Though we are save by the blood of Christ and are born again in Christ, we are still living in the world where Satan rules.

1 John 5:19 (NIV) We know that we are children of God, and that the whole world is under the control of the evil one.

Therefore, Satan is called the Ruler of the air.

Ephesians 2:1-2 (NIV) As for you, you were dead in your transgressions and sins, in which you used to live when you followed the ways of this world and of the ruler of the kingdom of the air, the spirit who is now at work in those who are disobedient.

In Matthew 12:27, Jesus calls Satan “Beelzebub,” linking the devil to Baal-Zebub, a Philistine deity (2 Kings 1:2). The Baalim of the Old Testament were nothing more than demons masquerading as gods, and all idolatry is ultimately devil-worship (1 Corinthians 10:20).

Is the above scriptures and understandings correct?

Thanks,
daniel

• Prayers
Upvote 0

Yahu_

Nov 16, 2016
Atlanta, Ga
✟18,738.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Satan was a mighty angel (Ezekiel 28:12-14), who was cast out from Heaven because of his pride and rebellion (Isaiah 14:12-15). Latter, Satan deceived Adam and Eve and became the father of sinners.
Sorry but there are other ways to interpret those passages. And you really have to twist things way out of context to get your interpretation.

First off you have to take the ENTIRE prophecy in Isa 14 IN CONTEXT instead of pulling 3 verses totally out of context. The context is of the 'shameful king' of Babel. It is also about the fall of Babel with the king being killed, buried, body decays and eaten by worms with his spirit descending into Sheol where he is met by other dead kings there who say 'Is this the MAN ...?'.

Next, the Hebrew word Shamayim which is translated as 'heaven' means 'heavens/sky'. It can just as well be translated that Lucifer (a latin epithet of the sun god) was cast down from the sky as in from the top of the tower of Babel. BTW Babel and Babylon is the same Hebrew word but is split into different words in English based on pre or post tower era. On top of that, the shameful king of Babel didn't try to set his throne about Yah but over the 'stars of Yah'. You have to know who those 'stars' are.

Lucifer is also called 'ben Shachar' (son of the Morning), not 'ben Elohyim' and Shachar is a Canaanite deity. That makes Lucifer not a fallen angel but one of the Nephilim who is the child of another pagan god that is called a 'son of El' just as the 'fiery flying serpent' is the fruit/child/offspring of the Cockatrice. Shachar is referenced in Job 38 as one of the angels that led song at the laying of the foundations of the world and as the one that brought forth the wicked from the skirts of the earth, ie Asherah, 'mother earth'.

Job 38:7 When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?
12 Hast thou commanded the morning since thy days; and caused the dayspring to know his place;
13 That it might take hold of the ends of the earth, that the wicked might be shaken out of it?

So is Lucifer putting his throne about Yah or above the position of his father? He is claiming angelic authority of his father, not some mythical rebellion in heaven. The passage in Revelation about the 1/3 of the stars of heaven/sky is a reference to an event in the tribulation, not some pre-adamic rebellion and isn't about angels but principalities called the 'host of heaven/sky' listed as part of the pagan pangtheon of the sun (god), moon (goddess), planets, constellations and all the 'hosts of heaven/sky'.

The chapter in Eze 28 had 3 prophecies. They are about the 3 primary pagan deities of the Pheonicians, Baal (prince of Tyrus), King (Melqart - 'king of the city' of Tyrus, ie Molech) and the third prophecy is to the 'she of Sidon', ie the goddess Ashtoreth. Molech and Ashtoreth are the divine twins of the goddess Asherah and Ashtoreth is the mother of Baal and the twins were said to be hatched from eggs with feathered arms, ie 'covering cherub' and fathered by one of the pagan ELs in the form of a giant bird, ie Cockatrice, Ziz. Many pagan gods are presented with feathered arms.

You are spouting Christian myths that are not supported by actual study of those passages. No Jew would ever interpreted those scriptures that way. That is a doctrine spread by Augustine to support some of his other pet doctrines to line up with Greek philosophy and classical education of his day.

Satan wasn't in the garden, that was the serpent. It was the seed of the serpent that is in conflict with the seed of the woman. Isa 14 references this as the "serpent's root" that brought forth the cockatrice whose fruit/child/offspring is the 'fiery flying serpent'.

• Prayers
Upvote 0

Yahu_

Nov 16, 2016
Atlanta, Ga
✟18,738.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
In Matthew 12:27, Jesus calls Satan “Beelzebub,” linking the devil to Baal-Zebub, a Philistine deity (2 Kings 1:2). The Baalim of the Old Testament were nothing more than demons masquerading as gods, and all idolatry is ultimately devil-worship (1 Corinthians 10:20).

Is the above scriptures and understandings correct?
No, you are confusing several things.

For example Baal-zebub is the Philistine title meaning 'lord of flies', the deity that was a destroyer by insect and rodent plagues. There are many other pagan deity titles that refer to this same pagan deity. His Greek name means 'destroyer' and he was a destroyer by insect and rodent plagues. He is also the pagan sun god, ie Apollo, the son of Zeus in the Greek pantheon. Btw Apollyon, king of the abyss, is just an alternate spelling of Apollo. The Hebrew reference to him in the Canaanite worship was Molech ('shameful king'), Melqart ('king of the city' of Tire/Tyrus). He was Shemesh (sun) the son of Adad/Hadad (the thunderer) to the Babylonians/Syrians and Rah/On to the Egyptians.

His title in the paganism is 'king' not 'prince'. Baal is referenced as 'prince'. BTW, Molech means 'shameful king' while his twin sister Ashtoreth holds the title 'queen of heaven/sky' and her son was Baal, the prince. Lucifer is just a Latin ephithet of the pagan sun god meaning 'light bringer/shining one', the twin of Diana Luciferah. It is just another reference to Apollo who was also called Pheobus, 'bright' and his twin Pheobe.

You are combining two different principalities into the same being with different roles in the demonic realms.

Many pagan gods are not just demons masquerading as gods but actual individuals that lived among men then died and became powerful spirits of authority in the realm of the dead, ie Sheol. The most powerful are spirits of dead Nephilim.

The four angels get let loose from the Euphrates in Revelation and are the source of the post-flood nephilim and are bound at the location of the post-flood rebellion, ie Babel. They are not in prison in Tartarus (prison of the Titans) with the other pre-flood angels according to Peter (2 Pet 2). When that happens the demonic realms are divided with 1/3 of the stars of the pagan hosts of heaven/sky join the dragon.

I would suggest a detailed study of the name meanings of ever place named in Joshua for some interesting understanding of the pagan deities. Nearly ever city/place name is a reference to attributes or titles of different pagan gods/goddesses. There is a wealth of information in those name meanings for example things like 'children of lightning'. There are numerous references to the Tower of Babel.

Upvote 0

Jon M

Jun 24, 2016
Minnesota
✟633.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Greetings Brothers and Sisters,

I am excited to post this because I've actually never talked with anyone who also possessed this gift. According to Derek Prince who is considered a leading global authority in the subject, Discerning of Spirits is the ability to recognize, identify and distinguish between various types of spirits.

Share with me , if you would, if you find yourself very sensitive to the personalities and messages on the board in the sense that you are able to discern, for instance, a spirit of rejection or a lying spirit through someones post? I'd love to hear your experiences in this area . If you possess this gift, then I'm sure that the Lord has provided you with a lot of life experience in order show you how the spirits tend to manifest through the personality. I'm sure you know what i mean but, for instance, you may become aware that someone takes offense very easily or is quick protect their image ( even if if they need to distort the truth to do it ). You can feel it in your spirit even if they mastered concealing the outward expression of it. I'd love to hear your experiences with it especially on the forum or in correspondence because that actually even requires a bit more experience sometimes. Because at that point there are no leaking facial expressions or telling signs that confirm your knowing. Have you been able to discern a Jezebel from a distance?
Please share...I'd be thrilled to hear your experiences.

• Prayers
Upvote 0

Jon M

Jun 24, 2016
Minnesota
✟633.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi there,
Yes, that makes perfect sense. That's the way i experience it too. But i've become aware that clusters of the same characteristics tend to form the "identity" of certain spirits. And then I learned which spirits tend to have the hallmark of those identifying features. For instance, persons who are very manipulative, duplicitous, controlling, and prideful are sometimes features of what the secular world calls narcissism or sociopathy...but we in the Christian world might call those cluster of features a Jezebel spirit. So it's all the same thing as you mentioned. It's just the nomenclature that we might tend to use. The gift also very much distinguishes general truth from falsehood. But thank you for your reply. It's so nice to meet a sister in Christ who has the same gifts :)

• Prayers
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

regadoo

#TeamJesus
Feb 5, 2017
somewhere in northern USA
✟24,620.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm an upper class high school girl, and I definitely can sense and "feel" an evil presence, ever since I was 4 (I didn't realize it at the time, but I do now). I can even pinpoint exactly where it's at most the time, where it's coming from. My uncle has a ministry, and there have been multiple occurrences where I felt in danger, as I could feel if a place/person was under evil authority, or just sense it in general. It's stinking terrifying. My life, as well as some of the people who were with me, has been in danger before when we went out in teams for the ministry: a wife who's son was possessed, abusive husband, the dogs were abused, the house was filled with evil everywhere, and the danger... terrible. Even though I was only 12 at the time, I could feel it, and I felt a fierce protectiveness for my girl cousin of about 8 at the time. I immediately grabbed her hand and pulled her onto my lap ... granted, my team didn't know what we were exactly walking into at the time, but we did eventually have another team of men and my uncle come and get us and also pray with the wife.

I'm also a dreamer- I receive some from God, some from the depths of hell (because they are honestly that awful), and some are just made up by me, and only a couple rare ones are good. I remember each dream/nightmare vividly/graphically. Countless times I remember evil presences- whether disguised or in their true form- invading my dreams and sleep. The worst ones are the ones where they take the form of "normal" people... but I can immediately tell because of their faces- oh, how awful it is. Shadows cover their face, their bodies are covered in an aura of darkness and shadows. The most awful one ever was a "man" who wore a red cape with a hood. He was stunningly handsome and looked trustworthy... but it was his eyes that gave him away. The amount of darkness and evil and harm. Recently, in the past couple of months, I've had graphic graphic nightmares and then I'm afraid to sleep. They're always targeted at things that matter to me- personal, friends, family, faith, Christians, killings, etc. But, I've recently also discovered that I've now developed "triggers" from the nightmares- I have panic attacks/different reactions to certain things that I had in nightmares. And sometimes, I'll have a triggered episode and not even remember that from being in any nightmare. I talk and have even cried and screamed in my sleep. It's bad.

sorry for long post, needed to get it out

• Prayers
Upvote 0

regadoo

#TeamJesus
Feb 5, 2017
somewhere in northern USA
✟24,620.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So, I can sense and feel presences in real life.
I can see as well as sense and feel presences in dreams.

How do you guys deal with sensing presences in real life?
Are there any of you guys out there that experience something like above mentioned?

Last thing: about a couple weeks ago, I had an instance where reality mixed with dream world. I was in that zone of the early morning where you're half asleep, half awake, and having a pleasant dream about little girls going through some beautiful fields. All of a sudden, the little girls turned evil, and their eyes became nothing but red, red as blood. They're entire bodies became black with shadows and darkness. Little girl's faces aren't meant to look as murderous as these little girl's faces did. They towered over me, and I tried to wake up, even though it never works anyways. I successfully, for the first time, managed to peak my eyes open a little bit- but the little girls's shadows were now running, skipping, and laughing throughout my room and walls, in reality. In a panic, I tried to squeeze my eyes back shut, out of fear... but they were still there in my mind as well. Never felt so terrified and helpless in my life as that moment. Somehow, I eventually fell back asleep, not sure how.

• Prayers
Upvote 0

Daniel Marsh

Jun 28, 2015
✟200,366.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
There is no doubt that nightmares can be extremely disturbing, but is there any spiritual significance to nightmares? Dreams and visions are mentioned in the Bible, and God sometimes used the dream state to communicate with His prophets and others. God spoke to Abimelech in Genesis 20, warning him not to touch Abraham’s wife, Sarah. Other dreams include Jacob’s ladder (Genesis 28), Joseph’s dream that his brothers would serve him that led to his captivity in Egypt (Genesis 37), as well as his interpretation of Pharaoh's dreams (Genesis 40-41) that led to his being made the second most powerful man in Egypt. The Lord or His angel appeared to others in the Bible, including Solomon (1 Kings 3), Nebuchadnezzar (Daniel 2), Joseph (Matthew 2), and Pilate’s wife (Matthew 27). None of these dreams, however, with the possible exception of Pilate’s wife’s dream, can really be called a nightmare. So it would appear that God does not usually speak to people through nightmares.
What does the Bible say about nightmares?

Philippians 4:6–7

6 do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. 7 And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Psalm 4:8 ESV In peace I will both lie down and sleep; for you alone, O Lord, make me dwell in safety.

I do not think that spiritual gifts develop, either you have it or you don't.

• Prayers
Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟808,501.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Guess it depends on how you define nightmare.
-"Nebuchadnezzar dreamed dreams, wherewith his spirit was troubled, and his sleep brake from him." Dan 2:1 He even admits how disturbed he is to others - "..And the king said unto them, I have dreamed a dream, and my spirit was troubled to know the dream.." Dan 2:3
-Pharaoh "And it came to pass in the morning that his spirit was troubled; and he sent and called for all the magicians of Egypt, and all the wise men thereof: and Pharaoh told them his dream; but there was none that could interpret them unto Pharaoh." Gen 41

"And Joseph answered Pharaoh, saying, It is not in me: God shall give Pharaoh an answer of peace." Gen 41:16

As far as learning about spiritual gifts:
Yeshua sent out disciples "And the seventy returned again with joy, saying, Lord, even the devils are subject unto us through thy name." "Notwithstanding in this rejoice not, that the spirits are subject unto you; but rather rejoice, because your names are written in heaven." Luke 10:17, 20 Yeshua sent them out and when they returned, He taught them more - this is just one example of how it was a learning experience, they grew in their knowledge.

Paul said, "Now concerning spiritual gifts, brethren, I would not have you ignorant." Rom 12:1 Another example of how we're expected to learn

"In that hour Jesus rejoiced in spirit, and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes: even so, Father; for so it seemed good in thy sight." Luke 10:21

Yes, we're to cast all our cares on Him. I Pet 5:7

• Prayers
Upvote 0