The Wild West
✟486,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Generic Orthodox Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
We have conservatism and patriarchal values in Russia. So you criticize our Russian Church, but you'd better take care of yourself, Biden, his transgender policy, and the promotion of LGBT people in the United States.

Just for the record, many Americans, perhaps even a majority, outside of the media, are social conservatives, and I know of very few who support the “woke” movement.

My concern has always been on obtaining reconciliation between the Russian and Ukranian people, and also more recently, I am upset over civil rights abuses directed at the Ukrainian Orthodox Church and the promotion of schism by the EP, although I do wish the MP had acted to strategically forestall the EP by granting the UOC autocephaly, much like they did with the OCA.

Reactions: rusmeister
Upvote 0

The Liturgist

Traditional Liturgical Christian
Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟486,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Generic Orthodox Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
If you want to, then please. And if you ask me, it seems that I put the text already translated by an online translator.

Yes please do that because its an extreme pain for those who can’t read Russian, or even other Slavs who might know Church Slavonic like Serbians and Bulgarians to reply to your posts.

Upvote 0

rusmeister

A Russified American Orthodox Chestertonian
Dec 9, 2005
Eastern Europe
Visit site
✟437,906.00
Country
Montenegro
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
У нас в России консерватизм и патриархальные ценности. Вот вы и критикуете нашу Русскую Церковь, но вам лучше бы позаботиться о себе, Байдене, его трансгендерной политике, продвижении ЛГБТ в США. Ваше общество больно, а вы критикуете здоровое общество. Доктор, исцели себя.
I missed this thread seven years ago. Dunno why.

I can say that a lot of Archer’s expressed concerns have certainly come to pass.

As to the quote, welcome, Nagomirov!
I understand Russian quite well, but this IS an English-language forum. if you have any problems or questions about English, I can help you with that as a professional EFL teacher.

You are right some degree of conservatism and patriarchal values has survived in Russia. And the Russian church rightly stands against the things you yourself criticize. However, when you suggest that Russian society is healthy, I have to challenge that idea. There is certainly a large minority that rejects belief, and rejects conservatism and patriarchal values. Abortion is legal widely practiced in Russia, despite the ostensible influence of the Church that ought to be powerful enough to stop it.

But the number one issue, I think, is that the Russian Church is now serving the secular political interests of the state, which is altogether not the mission of the Church. “Holy things for the Holy”. But the “holy war” approved of in documents of the Patriarchate is anything but holy. It is a political action designed to maintain Russia’s perceived territorial interests. Priests who right think that war is bad, pre-emptive first-strike wars are worse, and killing fellow Orthodox Christians is bad for our souls are punished, fired, demoted, transferred, exiled. even priests, who said nothing publicly have been punished. That is the Church hierarchy punishing priests, not for wrongdoing, but because it questions the narrative of Russia’s secular political actions, not any conflict with the business of the Church. Tell me how the Church is NOT in bed with the government, something no national Church ever ought to be, if it is ever to speak the truth in love to power. We rightly criticize Ukraine for using the new Ukrainian Church Pat. Bartholomew wrongly established to do exactly the same thing in the Ukraine. Why does the Russian Church get a pass to do so?

Upvote 0